Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    It took me a bit to clean up loose ends in North America. I'm over near Kabul now. I have a busy week at work though.....

I'm in search of a Sea Knight engine. I have 5 Huey controls and 4 engines if anyone needs them.

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm running 4 seaknights and 2 roo's. Need...more...slots... lol

3. Tiggs2000

Tiggs2000 Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Think around 30 planes. Had every plane working jobs for the event.

4. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Wow. I'm at 26 planes right now. I only had 6 aero's working NY-Boston but the rest of the planes would bring in jobs into NY while doing other work at the same time.

5. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    tip: in a round trip with a Sea Knight, at around 10/11 minutes, you may boost the plane for only 1 Bux. Easy to clear layovers, stay on the same plane and just boost it a few times ;)

I'm slowly getting on Kabul, had a lot Bux layovers to clear up, closing Chicago/Philly/Boston and Cairo from an older event.

We should easily be third I guess, it seems only 25 ppl from TA1 are in this one for now, and nobody got th big guns out...yet!
    I don't know who the first guy is, add me on Gc : Vic Sark

I guess we all need some rest after a few big events :)
    Btw it's good to be able to look at top 10/20 and see very different names in the leaderboard.
    we have an awful lot of players in TA1 being able to score a thousand of jobs with time and focus!

6. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Well we're back in 3rd.

World Leaderboard
    1 - 40329 - TA
    2 - 6155
    3 - 3633 - TA1
    4 - 3345
    5 - 3130

7. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    ok, thks Gus172 for the add on GC ;)
    For all the newcomers on TouchArcade1, we have a spreadsheet with all the active players GC (link in my signature)
    it's way more fun to chase names on the leaderboards, you'll see!
    i still miss the third guy, add Gc Vic Sark please!

8. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Nimblebit support responses. Thks guys!

Hi
    There is currently a limit to the number of friends that show up. 100 was the default, we'll get that bumped up to a much higher number in the next update. This should not stop your friend's names from displaying on the crew leaderboards but until we get the limit raised, all of your friends will not show up for gifting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    NOV 19, 2012 | 02:25PM PST
    Original message
    wrote:

Hi,
    I noticed that only 100 names are showing when I try to gift a plane part in PP.
    I was trying to send a part to a friend whose name didn't show in the list, despite the fact that I just received parts he sent me.
    I got 110 GC "friends", so does the game take a random 100 Gc names out of them, or the 100 highest ranked by level or sthg else?
    Is there a way to show everybody?
    And does this restriction also apply to crew leaderboards? (ie, could I see blank names for ppl I'm already GC friends with)
    Thks in advance for your answer,

///

And this one:
    Hi Victor,
    Thanks for the feedback, we'll consider adding some sorting tools for the hangar and parts screen. Thanks for playing!
    NOV 17, 2012 | 02:32AM PST
    Original message
    Victor wrote:

Guys,
    Thanks for your generosity handing out mystery parts, but an upgrade for better management of the hangar and spare parts is needed now ;)

Many of players above level 30/40 have dozens of planes in the hangar and hundreds of spare parts after the last few mystery parts events (I collected 250 parts myself in the last 3!)

It's become a chore to scroll down a list of individual parts for gifts.
    An idea would be to have one line for each type of parts with the number of available parts and the ability to gift one of them (ie Sea knight body, 12 in stock, gift one).
    And the ability to gift multiple parts would be great too.
    I'm pretty sure you'll come up with sthg better than that, but it would be really helpful for the social aspect of the game (that is working great btw, global events and gifting enhances the longevity of play, nicely done!)

For the hangar, maybe implement sorting possibility (class, type of planes...).

Anyway, thks for this great game!
    Cheers,

@vicsark
    GC Vic Sark

9. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Sequoias are so SLOWWWW though. I have two Cloudliners and use them to move jobs back and forth between Seoul and LA. I have two Sequoias for moving the LA and Shenyang jobs back and forth. And then I use a bunch of Birchcrafts to move the jobs to the cities and get bonus with every single job.

10. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I wonder if they will ever adapt this game for PC? They would have to improve the graphics but would love to play it on my big PC monitor.

11. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Use hdmi cable and link to tv if u use tv as monitor...

12. SphynxRunner

SphynxRunner Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I'm amazed that I'm in 10th. Guess a lot of Americans are still busy with the holiday. Thanksgiving was well over a month ago here in the land of the Grey Cup. Go Argos! (Leading at half-time! :D

13. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I appreciate everyone helping to fill in the Leaderboard on the TA1 spreadsheet.
    Could y'all please update the "time remaining" column at the same time so we know when the rank/jobs was last updated? Thanks!!!

Yes, still busy with the holidays from now thru the new year. Just sent you a GC request.

14. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    Why would they change the graphics? The whole "bit" look is completely intentional and PP and TT would lose their charm if Nimblebit were to change that :)

15. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    What do you think we should use, Time Remaining, or date & time @ GMT 0?

16. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    I'm not really trying and I'm 16th
    Add me dude

17. SphynxRunner

SphynxRunner Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Done.

Although its dudette. ;)

18. Perfect trumpet

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Sorry dudette! Accepted!

:)

PT x

19. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Time remaining is much simpler

20. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I think Time Remaining is easier for most people because they can just use whatever appears on their Flight Crew screen and it is easier for people to understand regardless of which time zone they are in:

2D 3H
    23H

I prefer Date & Time GMT+0, specifically in this format: Year-Month-Day Hour:Minutes GMT+0 :

2012-11-25 18:00 GMT+0
    2012-11-26 03:00 GMT+0

I name a lot of my files (on my computer) this way so that I can easily sort them. Yeah, I'm weird that way. :D
    I'm in the GMT-8 time zone, but will adjust my times to GMT+0 so that all the date/time stamps are consistent on the spreadsheet.

So..... I use both Time Remaining plus Date/Time GMT+0 in a belt & suspenders kind of way. :D So I'll update the spreadsheet and put something like this in the time remaining column:

2D 17H 2012-11-25 02:00 GMT+0