Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Almost certainly #Nimblewiki. They finished #2 last time.

2. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    TA1 is obviously stirring the competitive juices of the other crews.

3. Tiggs2000

Tiggs2000 Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I did the same thing although I just kept going after cracking the top 10, think total for the one day was just over 7k+ jobs :) I was rising up with you for a bit there.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hey guys,
    I've been busy, minimum jobs or so for the last few events, and my first top 10 in a while.
    Happy to see TA1 with over 103 000 jobs for this one, third crew
    Nimblewiki must have been stinged a bit by us, they're at 20k more. Nice competition!
    Anyhow, the last top 10, 15min before the end
    9th is kr3500 and 10 still Castlepage ;)

Attached Files:

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm still in awe how fast you passed me! How many planes have you got in the air?

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Archeological dig in Kabul, 30 Bux

7. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Finished Boston on 1529 jobs in 20th. It is getting much harder to keep up now, but my bux strat is ramping up nicely.

Kabul is a short skip away from Delhi, Mumbai and Tehran, all of which I already own, so it is tempting. However, with only 30 bux on the line, I'll skip this one and concentrate or more effective ways to get those bux rolling in.

8. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    YAY Kabul!!! A nice slow paced class 1 airport event. It's perfect since my schedule is pretty busy from now through the new year.

I didn't have time to work Boston due to the 4-day Thanksgiving weekend, spent much of my time with family and ate way too much food. Didn't really make any great effort on Boston until yesterday (when I thought it ended yesterday, a bit screwed up on the days of the week due to Thanksgiving :D ), and am surprised I managed to make the Top 20.

9. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Wow I encountered a bug nobody else seems to have reported yet. I had a Aeroeagle-M in NY with 2 Paris-C jobs. After the jobs refreshed, my plane now had 1 Tehran-C job, and 1 Paris-C job.

I had this happen twice today - changing of loaded jobs after a job refresh!

This can potentially affect those that park planes in airports loading Bux jobs exclusively...

10. jens_mett

jens_mett New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hi all
    This is Jens, I am now level 22. Feel free to add me (jens_mett).
    I see Sequoias are 10 tons and only 190Mph...are you really sure they are so good to earn some coins?

11. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I know this has happened to one or two of you guys, Can anyone tell me how to fix it???
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for all your help!

12. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Faster speed = higher operating costs.

A full Sequoia (10 jobs) flying from Kinshasa to Bangkok will earn 8810 coins. The operating cost is 3106, so the actual profit is 5704. That is 570.4 coins profit per job.

A full Cloudliner (17 jobs) flying from Kinshasa to Bangkok will earn 14977 coins. The operating cost is 8893, so the actual profit is 6084. That is 357.9 coins profit per job.

It takes 46 minutes for a Cloudliner to fly between Kinshasa and Bangkok and then back to Kinshasa, and 40 minutes for a Sequoia to fly just one way. If you bring in a lot of layover jobs and can thus fill a Cloudliner quickly, you will make money faster with the Cloudliner. If you don't have that much time to fuss with layovers, you can fill/send a Sequoia fairly quickly and then check back in an hour or two to do it again.

13. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I've never seen that before:S I thought ghosts were usually already on the plane.
    Have you tried auto loading Tokyo jobs? If you can get your plane to autoload that empty job, you could then put the plane in a hangar.

That's just something I would try. Good luck! Hopefully someone who actually knows how to fix it will answer you xD

14. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Ah. The good ole, evil ghost passengers. Sometimes theyll appear in the airport but they will be onboard even you didnt load them. Best solution: hangar plane then bring it back out OR fly the plane to all your airports and hope it dies off.

15. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Folks, I know this isn't a full-plane event, but... TA1 is currently 6th on the Leaderboard. SIXTH. I'm not even trying that hard this morning, but my 168 jobs has me at #1 in the crew.

Where is everyone?

16. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Yeah come on guys we gotta take back #2!

17. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    Happy with my first top 10 finish in the last event, especially since I had to stop with 2 days left to go :)

Just got back so going to have a look at what I can do on the next event, know I've still got a few Boston layovers to get rid of first.

18. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    I'm up and running Kabul now!

19. Snowbird

Jul 26, 2012
    We're currently 5th and not far from 3rd. Let's at least get there!

20. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Working on it! I have 5 seaknights and a roo going back and forth, but my layovers pile up faster than the planes can make the round trip!