Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I think he may be referring to the notifications when you have the game open, which includes new jobs and new market items. I don't think there is an option to turn those alerts off. It would be a nice option in the future though:)

2. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    8 Sequoias
    5 Aeroeagles

Also, regarding the cargo. I've never really checked the stats of the airports, but I'm assuming shipments are the cargo jobs, and yeah, my counter is waaay off as well. 180 passengers and only 9 shipments, but it does seem to be counting correctly for the event, so that's good, I guess.

3. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    You know you're a Pocket Planes addict when...
    You're stopped at a red light and read 'Sequoia' on the SUV in front of you, and get confused for a second thinking, "Shouldn't that be a plane??" :p

True story. :D Anyone else want to complete the sentence?

4. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    You start living life in 5 minute increments ...

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    You know you're a pocket planes addict when... you wake up at 2am, and instead of trying to go back to sleep, you fly planes for 45 minutes.

6. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    You know you're a pocket planes addict when... you don't want to drive off in your car because you haven't got three passengers yet and you're missing your 25% bonus...

7. Empire_E

Empire_E New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #9147 Empire_E, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Does anyone have a spare Birchcraft-P control to donate please?
    You know you're a pocket planes addict when you go to an airport and imagine that everything is pixelated. :p

8. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    i have so many unknown people in my leaderboard list :eek:

18. 332 ???
    19. 309 roboroboto
    20. 278 ???
    21. 275 funkywoo
    22. 267 me
    23. 264 rebartsch
    24. 224 ???
    25. 222 redknife
    26. 215 ???
    27. 205 greenpaper

You know you're a Pocket Planes addict when... the first and last thing you do in a day is to send some planes around the world :D

9. jayorros

jayorros Member

Oct 26, 2012
    You know you're a Pocket Planes addict when... your social life just went down the drain.

10. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I'm kind of "borrowing" someones strategy by opening New York -> Paris (Temp.) -> Istanbul -> Beijing. It's a straight line. In the near future I may open other airports and run maybe a few Sequoia's off on the main line. I may use my Blimps and Sea Knights + layover helping from the Class 3's to handle smaller, out of the way events. Im not worried about how fast they fly or how long the flight is, I just want to get out of the 1 million coins area and start focusing on getting bux so I can exchange them.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I haven't played Pocket Planes for a while, and have just been playing for a few mins and have got 2 full page pop up ads. I don't remember it having ads before - will buying IAP remove them?

12. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    When you keep checking between the game and the forum... :)

13. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    You know you're a paranoid redneck Pocket Planes addict when you're only shirt is a ratty sleeveless shirt with a hand drawn C-130 on the front and on the back you've written
    "End of the world = December 21 2012
    Nimblebit better realize we don't have much time left, we should get our c-130s soon!"

14. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    How many of you guys are getting these adds?

[​IMG]

I am getting ready to send a email to Nimblebit asking them about it!!!!

15. g111444

g111444 New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Pocket Planes Warp drive

Something unexpected happened to me a few days ago...has anyone else experienced this?

About 5 days ago when i started the game my planes just started flying extremely fast...it would take 3-4 minutes to go from sydney to London. This lasted for about two days, the end seemed to correspond to the end of the veteran's event in Paris a couple days ago. I'm not complaining...I probably made $2M during those 2 days but I'd love to recreate that if it's possible. I get bored waiting around for planes to land to send them back on their way.

I'm using a Nexus 7. I have it on my phone also, but i did not use it on my phone during this time for fear that it would stop the warp drives from operating. Anyone have any ideas? thanks

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If you do send an email please post here and let us know what they say, I'm getting the ads too.

17. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    This needs to be a whole new thread, BTW, but....

You know your a pocket planes addict when you sit on the toilet 10 minutes longer than you have to in order to finish the current delivery cycle you set up.

I also find myself wishing for red lights, arriving early to pick up my wife, getting other people to drive, and taking my kids to a play area...all so I can get in just a few more flights. Who else is going to need a support group? I made myself stay up the other night so for just for once I could temporarily be in first place on an event for our crew...felt way better than it should have! So I slowed down, lol. #

18. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Yikes, that sounds much too familiar for me too! :eek:

19. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    I am currently level 12, 5 airport (4 reds and blue), with 80,000 dallos and 8 planes I am not sure what to do.

I have enough job so I don't think I need to open another airport is a good way forward, while at level 12, the planes I get are a little bit crappy, I wonder what is the best way to go about level up the quickest?

20. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    You know you're a PP addict when you're experiencing burnout after a global event!