Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Apparently all my cargo shipments into Timbuktu are not registering and it shows I have done 0, even though i've sent at least 8 in already. My 8 people jobs are showing ok...

2. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I find it funny I hangared all of my fleet only to bring out two Cloudliners, with the help of Vicsark and rebartch in a very confusing trade.

I dub thee Cloud and Liner.

3. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    That makes me think - it's possible to put all of your planes in the hangar, and have insufficient Bux to put a plane back into service. :eek:

4. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Liner is honored he could help in some small way!!! :)

5. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Just catching up here... man, I missed all the fun! Darn work, gets in the way of PP. :p I didn't even know that our top 2 spot was in jeopardy. Good rally team!

On to the next event. No more mystery parts though. :( Where are you all loading your layovers? Cairo?

Oh and a few other strategy questions. Am I the only one using Tehran as my middle of the map city? And are ALL your airports fully upgraded?

6. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA

Hey Relharn. Thanks for the explanation. I was becoming annoyed and apprehensive to continue with the event. I will be careful of when I try to switch passengers.

Wish I could help you with info on the situation you are dealing with. Missing cargo bites!

7. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    I am loading my layovers in Lagos. My planes are mostly flying to and from Lima/Rio de Janerio/Salvador. I've sent a Tetra out to Jakarta. Still debating as to whether it is worth my time letting it remain open.

I use Tehran as my map center when I have jobs in the US and Asia. If nothing needs to go to Asia then the world begins with Honolulu and stops at Cairo.

None of my airports are upgraded. Never did figure out what upgrading did.

BTW~ put my first Sea Knight out to test it. VERY useful for this event!!

8. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    upgrading airports does a couple of things to your airports!

1. increases number of allowed layovers. maximum for the 10m population class 3 airports is 60 layover slots.

2. increases number of outgoing jobs from that airport.

9. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    In an odd way, it's reassuring to know that someone else is experiencing issues with this, even though it completely sucks.

I'm not going to do the Timbuktu event, but I would also check the leaderboard if you are doing it. I found that while shipments were disappearing from Paris during the last event, it was still crediting me with jobs on the leaderboard. Whether it credited me with all the deliveries I don't know, but the number was significantly higher than that on the Paris stats screen.

10. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    That is good information to know! Thank you!

11. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    For the sake of completion, even though it runs at a loss, I'd like to get a Starship. I already have a Starship body and controls (presumably from mystery parts obtained during a previous event - I don't recall) so I was wondering if anyone would like to trade me a Starship engine. I don't have too much to offer in return (other than a bajillion Hot Air Balloon parts) but I'm happy to come to some sort of arrangement if necessary. :)

12. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    You've got too many planes in your hangar when you take more than two minutes to locate the plane you'd like to recommission...

13. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    The ability to organize your hangar, maybe like the same way you can move your floors around in tiny tower, would be awesome! I would even pay bux for it, Nimblebit.

14. SpudWreck

SpudWreck Active Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Just wondering about those of you that are collecting all the bux, are you still running 1.0.3 or are you using the newest version? Or is it because you have a lot of cities open to have bux appear in?

I ask because Im trying to collect in 6 red maxed cities by leaving a plane in each just to hold bux and Ive only got 10 in the last 3 hours.

15. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    I'm using version 1.1.0 (latest I think?). 6 cities seems very low... I have 15 fully upgraded class 3 cities and I'm getting my fair share of bux jobs. It's a bit more difficult keeping track if what goes where though.

Side note, I don't have advertising on for the current global event city and I'm getting a reasonably steady flow of Timbuktu jobs. Keep in mind that Timbuktu is a class 1 city (unlike Paris)! Then again, I'm not concentrating all 26 of my planes on this one city...

16. Taonas

Taonas Member

Oct 27, 2012
    The ad agency for Timbuktu is doing a lot better than the Paris one was. I can't clear the lay overs fast enough at Lagos.

17. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Incorrect :)

Correct! :)

You may choose a prize from the list if you want: starship body/controll, bobcat engine/body, X10mapple pro engine, full blimp or full hot air balloon. PM me your choice :)

Sorry it took a while to reply, been busy irl...

On a side note, snagged myself 6 SK on the event :) And I'm looking to complete 3 more, I'm left with 3 bodies and 6 controls and would like to trade 3 controls for 3 engines, PM if your interrested in swapping some SK parts :)

Ps. Went with the millitary look, soldier pilot and SK painted brown-charcol-pine. Looks damn good :)

18. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    What is up with these "POP UP ADS" ???

Did I get hacked or did Pocket Planes????

Anyone else get the one this morning where you had to shut down Pocket Planes to get rid of it?????

19. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    get loads of pop ups but none that i need to shut down for

20. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Hi all,

I started Timbuktu global event a few hours ago. Worked my way from the bottom and updated the Timbuktu spreadsheet as I worked my way up the leaderboard. I realize that there are many ???, meaning there are still quite a few of you that I haven't added in my GC. Anyway, please update your rank and job counter in the spreadsheet (see the link in my signature) under the Timbuktu sheet (click on the "Timbuktu" tab near the top left of the sheet). It's not the most updated, but it gives us an idea of how we're doing on TA1 leaderboard. :)

Jiayou all.