Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Actual Size

Actual Size Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Denver
    #9081 Actual Size, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    (Never mind)

2. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Doh! Hate how that happens.
    Sent you 3 Sea Knight Engines. :D

I just need 3 Sea Knight Controls...

Ok kids ... Time for me to get back to work ... I'll take a look at Timbuktu later ...

3. SpudWreck

SpudWreck Active Member

Jul 15, 2012
    And the flag

4. Taonas

Taonas Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Thank you! Sent you back the one controls I have extra.

So hot air balloon part plus bux. Meh. At least this is a C1 event, slightly more interesting to run.

5. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    #9085 PapiChullo, Nov 14, 2012
    Well, since my inbound jobs turned white, I'm assuming they won't count towards my event total. Fell just short of 4K jobs pending a delayed update. But at least I'll still get the couple of mystery parts that I have enroute. Hopefully the next event with a full plane reward will be a level 1 airport, sending all of my planes to Paris kept me busy.

Edit -

New event is Ballooning Festival in Timbuktu. Hot Air Balloon Part + 10 Bux for first and top 10.

Should be a little more relaxed for me this time around. Put my Sea Knights to use and maybe just have one hot air balloon in play just in honor of the event.

6. SpudWreck

SpudWreck Active Member

Jul 15, 2012
    TA1 1st of 1 on the leaderboard yay!

7. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #9087 CastlePage, Nov 14, 2012
    Late night newsflash​

The Veterans Remembrance in Paris global event ended with the most excitement experienced by TA1 members.

About 2-3 hours before the end time, TA1 members were doing their normal PP routines and chatting away on the forum sharing their strategies. Then suddenly, Vic sent a post that made everyone sit up

WHAT ??!!! :confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::mad:
    How did this happen??? In the newsflash about 4+ hours ago, the status was a good 12k job difference!

#2 137 426 TA1
    #3 125 372

TA1 was on red alert. Fingers were flying to send planes towards Paris. All the bux zealously gathered were now reckless spammed to bux boost planes, especially empty planes back to originating cities. (Screams were heard flung at the STUPID advertising company that did such a lousy job at advertising Paris)

Will we make it on time? Will our jobs be counted? COME ON UPDATE OUR JOB COUNT !! From 1 hr 6 min before endtime to about 30 minutes before endtime, the leaderboard remained static and unmoved. Please PLEEASE COUNT !!!

Finally about 20 odd minutes before endtime, the leaderboard numbers changed. YES ! TA1 has over taken the usurper and is back in the rightful place at #2 (OK, exaggerated tone) :D:):D Now we must keep it up and increase the margin and hoping that the enemy doesn't do a last minute surge.

Finally. We're safe we're safe ! YEAH !

The numbers taken 5 minutes before endtime:
    #1 10,870 Spudwreck
    #2 10 854 Nokitano
    #3 10 837 Vic Sark
    #4 9287 Rebartsch
    #5 6238 Castlepage
    #6 5414 SlightlyNorth
    #7 4985 Faye
    #8 4837 Boomerkidd
    #9 4536 Jmac
    #10 4519 Dantt99

3 persons crossed the 10,000 job mark. Well done !

The list for the job count is in Paris sheet (follow the link in my signature).

Signing off now. It's 4:27am and I've been yawning and dozing off in the last 2 hours in the mad mad dash. But it was fun :D:D:D

End of late night news flash​

Edit: I've created a Timbuktu sheet. Please update your rank and job count regularly. Jiayou all.

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Hah!!! Thank you Castlepage! I finished 11th and once my SK comes through I'm going to update my game center profile and get all of you added. Well done TA1. It was indeed a mad dash with a bux boosted finish, but so worth it. :)

9. baconfats

baconfats Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Well done, folks! I was only able to bux boost a few more in (was in a meeting where it was semi-obivous when I was not paying attention)

I will be doing the bare minimum to Timbuktu - I need to get bux.

10. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Wow you were playing PP during a meeting? That's awesome (and commendable to help us maintain #2)! :p

Yeah I don't think I'll be doing much for Timbuktu either...

11. travisb

travisb New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    This is my first post here. I had a little over 1000 jobs for Paris and I did not get any prizes. I was about 80th in this flight crew.

12. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    It most certainly wasn't me xD
    It takes some time to get the prize
    Edit: oh I guess you meant mystery prizes.

With about 1300jobs I completed 9 SK's with six extra parts

13. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    It can take 24 hours for your prize to arrive. Do not change your Flight Crew name until your prize arrives.

14. AluminumTiki

AluminumTiki New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Title:

I got two Sea Knights. I was expecting just one, is that normal? =D

15. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    If you play on an Android Device, then yes, most (all?) times we get 2x the Item (but not the Bux) prize.
    For full plane events they will have different color schemes and at part prizes it can be 2 different parts, so it's not just a "dupe" item you get.

On a side note, speed on Android is back to normal for me after the Paris event ended, no more 9-minute trips from LA to Shanghai :(
    On the other side it was too much stress thou, shorter routes took <1min so when I got trough my 15 planes and sent them on their way the first ones already landed - neverending cycle, had to force myself to quit and get stuff done ;)

16. travisb

travisb New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I got 2 SK planes. No parts. And yes, the Android version is back to normal speed.

17. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yup same for me.

Things are back to normal and I'm glad :)

18. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    So I have been noticing this yesterday and today... When I want to switch passengers from one plane to another they completely disappear. This just happened to me at the Los Angeles airport. The passengers were event ones at that. Anyone else experience this?

All I wanted was to load a plane with event passengers to fil it up and, Poof! Sanc! :/

19. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    This happens if the jobs at the airport refresh between when you load plane #1 and when you unload it. If the jobs aren't on layover, they'll vanish along with the rest of the jobs that went when the airport refreshed. I also discovered this the hard way :-(

My biggest concern of late is cargo (shipments) going missing from airport stats after delivery. I was hoping my new iPhone 5 which I got yesterday would help, but alas Barrow (I'm trying for the 100 job achievement again) is still susceptible to thievery. I now have Roo-Ps delivering there exclusively. I contacted NB Support, but they have no idea what is going on, and no one else seems to be experiencing this issue. :-(

20. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    Hey TA1, I am not new to the forum (I have been reading since page 1) but I only decided a couple days ago to start an account on the forums...

I am currently level 14 but I have been to level 27 before restarting the game... (No idea why I stopped, this is so much fun!)

I was just wondering if anyone knew the best net profit routes for pearjets to run?

Thank you in advance to whoever replies...

Ps:If anyone has extra SK engines (two of them) I can trade for two bodies...