Universal Pocket Mortys (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 13, 2016.

1. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    #41 sakuraarts, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    IGN scoring

7.8/10

- Too much Morty
    + Not much water

2. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    It's like you've never played Pokemon

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    So how's the game for battery usage? I'm using a 5s if it matters

4. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    We updated the game today! It includes 19 new Mortys to collect, a fix to the quest involving Mascot Morty, and typo fixes! Plus there is this excellent image that shows some of the new Mortys you'll find...

[​IMG]

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, just to let you guys know that I appreciate the game as well as the updates. Having a crazy lot of fun trying to get badges and capturing every single morty haha :)

Thanks

6. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    That's awesome! We have some interesting stuff planned for future updates, too. :)

7. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    We released an update today but it's a tiny one -

• NEW icon
    • NEW dialogue if/when you catch all existing Mortys (because we're going to do more updates with more Mortys you haven't actually caught them all, but some people were very distressed that the dialogue at the Council did not change after they'd done this)
    • NEW name changes:Tank Top Morty and Cocoon Morty are now their correct names. :)

More updates are coming and we've already started teasing content from those on Twitter @adultswimgames / @PocketMortys.

8. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey! We've got another update (with more on the way). Here's what's new today:

BRAND NEW SPRING CONTENT UPDATE!

• 10 NEW Mortys - available both in the wild (though will only appear after certain badge requirements are met) and via Blips and Chitz machines
    • NEW attack type - Paralyze
    • NEW item to cure Paralyze status and new item to cure status ailments and Morty health
    • Quick crafting from the Recipe Menu, because so many of you requested it and it is awesome
    • Caught indicator during battles so you can see if you’ve already got a particular Morty
    • Tap anywhere to skip dialogue - it’s not just that one button area anymore
    • Bug Fixes (of course) and More!

Quick crafting is an especially cool addition.

9. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Another content update today. For those interested:

BIG LATE SPRING UPDATE. We added these things to the game just for you:

• NEW Attacks - Including devastating Poison and Absorb moves
    • NEW Items - Including Poison Cure and the Courier Flap, which will take you back to the Citadel
    • 11 NEW Mortys - Can you chip them all?
    • Morty Labs - Re-learn forgotten Morty moves at this new shop in the Citadel
    • BUG FIXES! NEW ICON! AND More! Because it wouldn't be an update without them

Thank you for playing. We've got more new content and stuff coming soon in regular updates. Hit us up on social media if you've got a suggestion/request/question/concern. Tweet at us @PocketMortys.

10. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Do you still need to go back to refill your "action points" (or whatever it was called). I stopped playing because of it.

11. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    You can use items to refill those - you don't have to go back to the citadel. If you don't have an AP-refilling item your Mortypad can call Salesman Rick and stock up directly during gameplay.

12. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I love this game, my only issue is the lack of heading back to the lab to heal my Mortys. I'm going on my 3rd trophy but I want to grind level like I do in Pokémon but my Mortys are severely underpowered.

13. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    You'd either have to use a courier flap item or kill all of your Mortys so that you're transported back to the citadel. You can't freely go from dimension to citadel without the flap item.

14. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    I just recently got my Portal Gun back, on my iPad (I recently started playing on my phone, too and haven't gotten my Portal Gun back on that, yet)!
    This game is very fun!

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Is there a way to remove the ads? Thank you.