Universal Pocket Mortys (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 13, 2016.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had never heard of Adventure time til I played Card Wars but that didn't stop me. It's one of my most played games.

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    After season 2.... The music and some of the characters make me sad face.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So if you have no AP for moves... What do you do? You can't leave back to heal, and there is no cancel move option? Stuck using your items? No basic attack or do nothing.

4. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I ran into that. Closed the app and started right before the fight and bought some AP restore in the pause menu

5. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Encountered my first bug. :(

I attacked a wild blue-shirt Morty and managed to chip him. But when the battle ended blue-shirt Morty wasn't added to my roster. (I have 5 Morties currently - this would've been number 6.)

6. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    There is a basic attack but you have to be out of AP on all moves before it occurs.

7. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    ? You can only have 5 in your party. If you have a full party and catch a new Morty he is sent to Daycare in the Hub World.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    So far, Rick has not belched in the dialogue. What's up with that?

9. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So I have to cast a buff 10 times before I can attack? Maybe that should be fixed.

10. SwimCeej

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Or buy/have/use Plutonic Rocks to restore attack power to your moves so you don't run out. If you find yourself stuck in a battle, you can force quit the app and return - the game saves right before a battle - when you can buy Plutonic Rocks from Salesman Rick in your MortyPad, use them either before or in battle.

If you find yourself hurting for Schmeckles, battling Wild Mortys yields a good amount and you're just fighting one Morty instead of multiple as in a normal trainer battle.

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

My mistake, I read the plutonic rock description wrong. Completely understand now. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone using iPhone 6s plus and playing this game. Is the battery draining serious as what the TA reviewer stated? I really can't stand battery draining games

13. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

Same issue can tell it's going to be a fun poke like game but just have no connection to the story yet.

Is there story to follow her I.e beginning and end or does it seem ongoing?

14. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I realllllly didn't need this to come out right now. You can thank this game for the delay of adventure to fate haha.

15. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Okay so i decided to take the portal, heal my Mortys, and go back to defeat the last few trainers before i faced the council rick. However now I'm already in the next dimension vs very strong trainers. How to go back again..?

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

What's with that ridiculous IGN review?

17. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Any Mortycenters and Nurse Ricks?

18. HikariKami

HikariKami Active Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Web Designer
    Australia
    After trying it, I was a little surprised by it too. Rick and Morty is one of my favourite shows, and although this game is relatively simple, I'm enjoying it purely based on the fanfare. I think the writing is spot on. My guess is he just really doesn't like the show.

19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    No timers, no energy refills, no mandatory IAP, controls are great, no PVP so you don't have this urgency to level up or be left in the dust, this game really has it all, except for any type of instructions! But play long enough and google a bit and you get the gist of it, and it all starts to fall together.

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Totally agree. I get a little lost here and there, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

I've only watched R&M a couple of times, so I didn't know if I was going to like it. Turns out the game is pretty damn cool. I've been playing off and on since it released and I still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface yet. There seems to be quite a bit of depth to it and the production values are outstanding. Definitely worth checking out even if you've never seen the show, although I'm sure if your a fan, this game is even better.