Universal Pocket Mine 3 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 12, 2017.

1. lewis33

lewis33 Member

Jun 5, 2016
    After a few days of play.
    I loved PM2. I start to hate PM3. In just a few words: too much bad RNG at the Blacksmith + cost of crafting way too high.
    Will uninstall soon if nothing changes.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    If I've done the math right, the odds of not getting a necklace in 70 gear rolls -- if the odds of each type are an equal 1/6th -- are 3.4 in one million. So maybe I just got screwed...or maybe the odds of each gear type are far from equal.

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I've gotten at least 2 necklaces out of around 20 gear rolls.Almost all my gear is legendary though, so I suppose it's possible necklaces are more likely to show up at higher levels.

One thing that would be awesome is being able to trade gear with other people. I'd totally trade you one of my necklaces for something with a higher pick count.

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I got a load of necklaces very early on in the game but as I think I said earlier in the thread I've had a really fair spread of gear and haven't noticed getting any items more than another.

Although I did have a strange run of crafting identical rare item for at least five times in a row, enough to make me think something had gone wrong with it. (it was a ring but I can't remember which).

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I finally got a necklace! Good one too, +25% chance of rarer token dropping (at max *s) with a key and shields. It was around 75-80 items crafted, but maybe not every rarity has a necklace -- the 75-80 includes a bunch of commons and rares I spammed to try and get a necklace. This one was legendary.

My best item is still the legendary Festive Hammer, which drops fireworks on monster kill. Second best is probably epic Locksmith Handwraps which has a 20% chance of a free key on chest opening and a 30% chance of fireworks on breaking coal. All the free fireworks are great, especially in adventure mode.

6. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    yeah crafting kind of blows in this game

7. Jezzerh

Jezzerh Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Yeah I'm officially done crafting anything else until they fix it I think. I'm sick of grinding for gold coins and getting the same or worse gear than I've already got equipped. Upgraded blacksmith doesn't seem to help either. :-(

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I've just upgraded my blacksmith from 20 to 25 (thanks, diamond galore) and I've started getting items I've never seen before.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've posted this a couple of times on the thread earlier but I genuinely have had nothing but a wide spread of decent gear throughout my playing. I'm currently level 27 player, level 20 blacksmith and the Olympus levels and leaving aside a really odd hour when all I got were the same type of ring everything has been pretty balanced.

It's very wierd because thereve been a few people on the forum who have had problems crafting decent gear.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think the issue is twofold:

Firstly, people aren't crafting *that* many items because: (1) common gear is not useful; (2) rare gear is sometimes useful, but people naturally don't really want to be using rare gear given the availability of two higher grades; (3) epic gear is sometimes better than legendary, but there is a feeling you should be using some of the epic tokens to convert to legendary; and (4) legendary gear takes a lot of tokens. So people really aren't crafting tons of items, which creates the possibility for some really whacky random results.

Secondly, there doesn't seem to be a ton of items of each type. For example, I don't think there are a ton of legendary hats -- I've gotten two different kinds, and about 6 Full Face Visors. Similarly, I don't think there are a ton of kinds of epic boots, as I've gotten at least 6 Nitramide Kickers. That is a good pair of boots, but its boring getting the same one again and again.

I think more variety will fix the second issue (and maybe letting us see the possibilities so we know what is out there), and the first issue can be fixed by some sort of alternative crafting pathway where you pay a high price to craft a specific item.

I'm at blacksmith 11 now and pretty happy with my current gear, so I'm going to save tokens and zoom up to blacksmith 15, where I'll probably stay for about 15-20 epics and 5-10 legendaries.

11. cyllwynn

cyllwynn Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I basically echo this thought. I was really excited to see this release. Initially liked the changes a lot. Now my blacksmith is at 29, I’m still getting the same not so helpful gear, and frankly I’m tired of how much extra RNG they added. The characters used to have set skills that could be used in conjunction with gear and cards to get some really useful and powerful combos. Now, characters only trigger rarely... did they get rid
    of the cards that made the ores worth more?, and from what I can tell - gear that say “has a 40% chance to spawn more 2 diamond ore” only work with the actual pick hit and not with the resulting combo off of said hit.

For that matter most of the artwork is totally recycled. Why didn’t we get new cards, or abilities, or a better use for artifact hunting????

Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Bzoo

Bzoo New Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hey, if anyoneone could help me out by adding me as a friend, id be thankful!
    kdqp0996
    Send me a PM and i'll do the same :)

13. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    i definitely think that upgraded items should sell for more than 1 coin - heck, any high quality item should be sold for more than 1 coin...if you think about it, you're selling for 1/15th the price....that's a little harsh
    fixing this would help a lot with the pain of crafting the same items over and over and over and over again...

14. Calm

Calm Member

Sep 18, 2017
    #114 Calm, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    If you bought something for 25 dollars and decided to sell it the next day, will you price it at 1 dollar?! Yeah I don’t think so. Whoever thought of that game mechanic is pure evil. :mad:

I think cash should be used to buy gear and the coins to upgrade them (gold coins to upgrade gold equips, violet coins for violet equips and so on).

15. Jezzerh

Jezzerh Member

Sep 1, 2012
    If your blacksmith is lvl 25 you are selling for 1/25 the initial cost! ##

16. Ozle

Ozle Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Played the first and 2nd one for absolutely ages, but beginning to get a little bored of this one, it's essentially not as good as PM2, ive been playing for a week now and some constructive points below:

Short mines, just adding the 4x multiplier and making them shorter takes away a lot of fun, everybody loved going deeper and deeper

Lack of item disparity, pretty sure I've had one of each type of item bonus now and there are not masses.

Levelling up blacksmith just seems to increase the properties, not the bonus

NO WAY to get yellow cards except spending gems (or challenge competitions that will soon be out of reach for normal players). At the very least make the 3rd tier epic gives us a yellow.

no presaved loadouts lile in PM2, these were brilliant, add them into the 'paid 3.99' bonus if you must, people will pay for this.

Less cards than in PM2, missing artifact rarity, slow mine, sell ore for more. Could also have added in a token rarity as well (small chance)

Artefact trading is still awkward, with 20 friends I could have 40+ emails a day having to click open and then delete

No new crate styles? It's been over a year for you to think of something new.... (dynamite is still the worst...).
    How about a crate that seeks out and kills all monsters on sight for expanding seconds
    Or repairs your pick?
    Or adds armour?
    Or drops extra keys?
    Or let's you view ahead in the mine?
    Or one that maxes out all the upgrades on current gear for x seconds?
    Rare Double crates that contain drill+bomb or Gas+fireworks?

I do like the pick being swapped around with extra powers now, that's a better system

Also some of the new powers are good

Monsters are a fun addition, maybe you could add monsters that do stuff when they die?
    Slow mine down, speed it up, explode, etc.....

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
    http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=mnzf7041

Ozle

17. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I love this more than the second

18. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I loved one and two. This one gets deleted. It lost the magic.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Pocket Mine 3 (by Roofdog Games)

Which magic?

Reinstalled second to try it with cloud save

20. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    #120 taoyingying, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    I was an avid PM2 player, till I achieved everything (highest pick, all artifacts, thousands meters depth, etc. etc.) and got bored with it. Glad to get a PM3 and overall, I enjoy the new one as much as the old.

Major difference I noticed with PM2 and my impression so far:

+ Monsters, the most obvious changes. It's interesting to see live creatures in mine. However, all the varieties doesn't seem to make much difference (do they have different drop rate on quality of tokens? I couldn't tell.). I have 47 shields now and equipment to release fireworks when killing monsters, so it's actually quite easy and beneficial to kill them all.

+ You can no longer have your favorite loadout with fixed miner and card set. Everything except gears are random now. At first I hate it, especially when I waste thousands of gold hoping to roll out the card I need, but now I'm used to this and have to say it does add more challenges, and lets you experience the strength of different miners. In PM2 I stick to 2 miners and kinda ignore all the rest.

+ Crafting system. Again, at first I hate it, but now I'm ok. It's just a different way of RNG than PM2. In PM2 I got a lot of junk gears too. It's just more obvious in PM3 when you spend your hard earned tokens and get crap. But with time and patience you will get decent sets. I only played 10 days on and off, and I have a good sets of all legendary with nice attributes already. If we get good/different gears all the time, the game loses its longevity.

+ What I dislike the most: higher level mines have this x2 or x3 modifiers, instead of requiring you to reach higher depth on new mines. One thing I enjoy the most in PM2 is to see how deep I can dig in each mine, and beat all my friends with the depth. This is totally taken away by this modifier. I'm already struggling on 130M with x3 modifier, whereas in PM2 I can go 1000m deep in any mine without breaking sweat. Besides, the deeper you go the more valuable ores you get, so a adventure mine can be great source of income. Now grinding the past levels is purely for the artifacts and nothing else. This is truly boring! Please remove the modifier and the depth limit one you clear a mine, and bring back friends leaderboard!

PS: About timer. I bought the double energy so I have max 10 now. They restore so fast that I never feel I didn't have enough play session. Sometimes I quit before I use up all. I play in short burst and next time I open the game, its always filled up. So timer is really no complain from me. This is not a game meant to be played for hours in one session.