Universal Pocket Mine 3 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the max level for gear is? Right now I've upgraded to level 16. I stopped spending anything but legendary tokens almost right away. But I'm torn between saving the tokens in case there is some level cap (25?) or if I should be spending them as soon as I have enough to use.

So far the gear is interesting. I really love the new key system. I have 9 keys each run and it's great.

I'd love to see gear that guarantees better drops though. Either via better cheats or better keys or some sort. I've got so many duplicate artifacts. I'd love to be able to sell them for tokens or money or some such. Invest back into my character.

Also some sort of system to craft specific types of gear -- rings, neck, feet, etc -- would be nice. Even if it was a later game unlock or something. Or perhaps invest your dupe artifacts into a sort of gear affix system. You'd trade in dupe artifacts for affix pieces that you could permanently attach to equipment.

Either way, this is a much improved version of PM. streamlined a lot of the hassle. Great update.

2. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Shameless, "add me" request:

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.
    http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=wmvq2900

wmvq2900

3. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    If anyone needs common or uncommon plains artifacts then hit me up. I've hit the cap (20) in commons and have at least 10 of each uncommon. I can send over a bulk amount if you tell me what you want

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Level 16 now, 5(?) hours in, 6 Post-Apocalyptic Helmets and many other dupes, but no necklace of any kind.

This is a very good game seriously marred by getting the same gears over and over.

5. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Gotten the same legendary hat like eight times in a row and never seen a legendary of another category. Annoying

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yep, seriously not enough creativity in the gears. Where are the monster-hats, that give a chance of not taking damage? Where is the monster spawning ring, that spawns a monster with x chance when you mine a certain block but gives other bonuses? How about a steam shovel digger, that digs 3 squares at once but has fewer digs? Gold/diamond/coal boots that gives a low chance of converting tiles you walk over.

I'm sure there are dozens they could add. Heck, I'd settle for a few additional designs even without odd bonuses.

7. TheSageMan

TheSageMan New Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Enjoyed the first two. Loving this one now.

Add me!

Friend code: nfms2147

8. wfsm

wfsm Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Programmer
    Shanghai, China
    My code is XGZC9513

Haven't played 2nd one for a long time(due to connection issue), but loved the 1st one, and this one is also good

9. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I decided to update my device to iOS10 and, coincidence or not, finally rolled a couple of legendary picks!

10. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Please add me. Lovely game, played them all.

Code: tdqf4252

Click this link to add me as friend in Pocket Mine 3.

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=tdqf4252

11. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Without forced ads, for me is 5 stars.

12. Jezzerh

Jezzerh Member

Sep 1, 2012
    At first I didn't like the change that you can't choose your own miner, or cards, or gear loadout. After reaching level 20+ though I'm used to that and I'm enjoying the variety that brings.

Please please though fix the crafting. It's so disheartening to grind and save coins to craft a legendary item and you get boots (yet again) that are weaker than what you already have. This is happening over and over again.

Or I get a ring that increases monsters by 50%. I don't want it so I sell it. No matter how many coins it cost I only get 1 back. Seems mean to me.

Then I craft again and get the same damned item!

Please improve.

13. Jerm

Jerm Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Friend code: fvkb9800

What is the gear level guideline I should have? Should I upgrade my blacksmith whenever I have the chance?

By the way what's the best gear you all have?

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    The main thing that goes up with level is the number of hits for digging and the number of shields. And that is most important, so you do have to put a lot into the blacksmith and cant go too wrong making it a priority. However, it is more expensive to level higher level gear, and levelling the cards helps a lot too, so maybe don't go too overboard. Especially if you don't already have a digger near your blacksmith level.
    Another incentive not to over-crank blacksmith too too fast is that there are some gears that are so much better than their blacksmith level they are probably worth keeping a while. Like I have a digger that shoots fireworks on every monster hit, a feature which is worth a ton of digs, especially in adventure mode.

So make blacksmith a priority, but don't overdo it?

15. Lymphocyte

Lymphocyte Member

Mar 20, 2014
    I upgraded my blacksmith to 20, and I really wish that I had waited. As ArtNJ mentioned and as far as I can tell, the blacksmith basically does four things: 1) Increase the value of the shields; 2) Increase the number of hits for picks; and 3) Equipment becomes more expensive to create; and 4) Equipment becomes more equipment to upgrade. Except for picks, I've found that it's much better to have a low level blacksmith - you can create equipment and can level it up. Finding the equipment with the right bonuses (seeing chests, effects on killing monsters, etc) is much more important overall and I have a lot of very low level equipment that far surpasses my level 20 equipment. As others have mentioned, it's extremely frustrating to grind for a level 20 blacksmith legendary item, only to have the exact same item that you received the past two times (with perhaps some very minor variability in the keys/charge/shield distribution). Gear up using a low level blacksmith, level up the blacksmith, work to get a good pick to help your money runs, and then finally optimize your gear by getting "high level" gear.

Roofdog Games, it would be very helpful if you could include more details on your FAQ page describing what equipment is possible (effects, at what rarity level, etc.). I've found some of the epic gear to be much better than the legendary gear and I'd like to know where I should be focusing my efforts.

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So are monsters the only way to get coins other than "trading up"? I used to avoid monsters but lately I've noticed them dropping lots of coins and no other block/dirt/crate seems to.

17. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    hi guys feel free to add me : BQRN2656

18. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Why are so many people spamming me asking for epic artifacts? Ive got at most 1 star in an epic collection, so I doubt anyone is giving away epic artifacts right now

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    80 gear items crafted, 0 necklaces. What rarities are necklaces pls? Did you get one at any particular blacksmith lvl? This is getting so annoying. I can't play the game normally because I'm afraid if I up blacksmith, I'll literally never get a necklace.

20. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA