Universal Pocket Mine 3 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 12, 2017.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Unfortunately it feels the same for me. I invested a lot of hours on PM2 and loved it, and I've tried PM3 and like it quite a bit, but I won't dig into this kind of game again with limited tries. It's okay the first few hours of gameplay since every time you level up the counter resets, but as soon as your level is high enough, this stops happening because you don't level up so often and after a few tries you have to stop playing because you run out of batteries.

I really wish Roofdog Games would have integrated an IAP to remove the timer and not increase it. I know their games with energy have this kind of IAP, but for once I would have liked a more premium "play what you want when you want" experience, even if in the core it's still very freemium with gems and such.

@Talf: I really wish you the best of lucks with this one, but please give a thought to implementing an IAP to remove the timer in the future. Thanks.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'm enjoying this so far, although I'd also like an IAP to remove the timer.

I've got some gear with a little icon of a person surrounded by a pink glow, does anyone know what that icon means?

3. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    There's a few places you can click on it, but not on the item oddly enough. I think it reduces the number of hits you need before activating your special power

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Guys my code is MWJT7307 Add me please :)

5. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

+1 for the removal of the timer. I'd pay $5 to $10 for that.

6. 2wicky

2wicky Active Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Game Director
    Vancouver
    Add Me

Hey everyone, I was home schooled and raised in a basement so i've never been outside or had a friend. This game has allowed me to become friends with so many great people that it's changed my life for the better! The more friends I have the longer I believe I will live!

So add me or I will most likely die soon: BDVC7723

7. lanights

lanights Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Loved the first two games! Hugely dedicated player. Add me please, thx!

shkp3722

8. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    How do you get more keys?

Feels a lot like the other games, but still addictive as hell.

9. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    Oh, also, what do you guys focus your money on first?

And my code is CTNR5135

10. HeadRush

HeadRush Member

Mar 15, 2015
    BBVG3847
    Love it so far, as fun as the second one

11. PLUR420

PLUR420 New Member

Mar 15, 2015
    Add me

Add me please :)

WGRS9125

12. iXoDeZz

iXoDeZz Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Like the game so far, I am interested in seeing how fair an playable it is later in the game.

Also I noticed, when trying to get the rewards for the achievements, that the game crashes at some of them.

13. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
  14. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    probably "3rd kind" would buy this game's license

and republish for Japanese

I can't download from the top of this page's link
    and their work is worst

it cost double than everyone in this thread because they add IAP materials

15. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Add me please: gwcv8529

16. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    #36 sakara214ever, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Ok as of right now it is impossible to fight enemies. This the mechanic as of right now needs to be fixed cause honestly to hit an enemy when they have the (!) over the head you must either be superhuman or super lucky. This happens for two reasons. First of all the enemies appear instantly after you hit a block and the ! lasts for less than half a second. To be able to hit him that fast is impossible. Secondly when explosions happen in the screen enemies appear every where in the mine some of them have the ! over their heads simultaneously and it also lasts for less than half a second so you have to spot every enemy in the mine and hit all of them in less than half of a second!!!!!! Also when explosions happen downwards enemies appear at the bottom of the mine and the screen has not moved yet too far so you can not see them for 2-3 seconds but after the explosion happened the ! already appeared and disappeared and you haven’t even seen the monster. I played for many hours and have not been able to hit more than two enemies by pure luck. So i depend on my shield to be saved. If this is not intentional it needs to be fixed if it is intentional by the devs then it’s a big fail.

17. Leo281993

Leo281993 Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Energy system and no IAP to remove the energy. Deleted.

lol at the shills here posting their friend codes and giving it full stars. Thanks a lot for the cancerous growth of F2P gaming.

I don't care if this comment upsets the F2P lovers. Yes, I am an elitist, deal with it.

18. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

#38 UnhappyUnlucky, Sep 14, 2017
    I loved the second one so much that I bought the IAP to upgrade the energy. Disappointed that when I deleted the game and came back I couldn't restore the IAP. Was a dumb ass for not connecting to Facebook. Lost all of my progress and capability to restore purchase. Played for almost a year to have all the progress gone was heartbreaking. I hope this one allow us to save data through iCloud. I hate Facebook but I created one recently purely for gaming (and to spy on a few people). Would love an IAP to buy unlimited life but if not I would settle down for another IAP that raise the energy from 8 to 10. 8 just doesn't seem enough in the last game. Also, I usually hate free to play game with energy system. Since I love Pocket Miner so much I'm willing to let the energy system slide. I hope the developer considering allowing another IAP that raises 2 extra energy from 8 to 10 then maybe I would be a happy camper

19. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    #39 sakara214ever, Sep 14, 2017
    Fortunatelly @Leo281993 Toucharcade as a whole community makes people like you look like absolute idiotic douchebags. And that is why i love Toucharcade. Now back to the hole where you came fromand let us shills do our jobs.

20. kidd546

kidd546 Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Keys come from your gear, and refresh each run. I've found gear with the key stat to be far and away the most valuable.