Universal Pocket Mine 2 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I do like how easy it is to trade, and it's not so obtrusive. It does have a little red icon on the corner but when I'm in the game I don't spammed with pop ups asking if I want to trade or something is ready for trade like other games. Probably my favorite iOS collecting game right now. And you don't just collect relics, you collect cards, characters, and gear.

Btw, does anyone know what happens when you max out a card and get another of the same card? Will it have a prestige thing (I hope it does)? Or will it auto recycle?

2. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I love this game and this developer. I'm a little sad I missed out on the early bird first purchase, but I'll console myself by just making things explode :)

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I did as well, however in return we got to play early. So think of that as a reward!

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    hgzm8746 that's my friend code if anyone wants to add me. Can't stop playing this it's pretty addictive.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #85 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    I've run out of videos, and they don't seem to replenish over the hours as other of Roofdog games… Is this normal?

Btw, the pet ghost light effects are amazing. I love how the light adjusts to where the ghost is in every moment.

6. rlaudick

rlaudick New Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Friend codes!
    Ymag9695
    Srik2899

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey just curious, what do those boxes with ? marks floating around the menus have in them? They don't work on my iphone apparently (says no content available). I hope I'm not missing something too amazing like free diamonds and cards.

8. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Curse you virtualboy...I am going to pass you!

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #89 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    They are supposedly videos that grant you coins, gems, etc. I had videos at the beginning, but now they're not available. This usually happens when you've watched all the daily videos, but I'm afraid that since this is a soft launch yet, they're testing the video suppliers or something similar.

Lol'd… quite possibly you'll pass me :p A new week begins and I won't have time to play as much. I'll ve entering the game to play whenever possible though, it's the only game that keeps my attention atm… Heck, it's the only game I've played in the last days, aside from 1-2 gaming sessions with Extreme Bike Trip and Pocket Road Trip for daily bonuses and such. I think I should create a Roofdog Games folder in my phone… :)

10. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Yeah I stayed up way too late playing it :)

I do feel that the factory needs some reworking. The ability to get specific cards so easy does take away something I think. Like I upgraded a few certain cards and I just demolish the levels now.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    That's the factory strategy IMO. Cards are quite expensive to manufacture, so getting the necessary green cubes just by playing and recycling objects is also a game strategy. I like how it is set and wouldn't touch it, since after you unlock all the levels, the objective is to finish collections and upgrade cards :)

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is how I like to go through levels :D

Attached Files:

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I know the feeling, I was up till 1am last night with this crack infused game. 7am came too early this morning.

I saw Virtually was almost done, he must be playing 24/7. I am catching up to Amenbrother though! Heehee.

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yeah, diamonds and cards and crap inside. Fiercely tap on them to crack them open. Not working on yours Law?

15. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It feels really good opening up 5 packs of cards at once. I've saved the 40 Gems needed twice and love it.

Friend code: qxxh5889. I'm generous with giving gifts if I can spare them!

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #96 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 16, 2015
    I'm not done, not at all. I play whenever I can, but I'm still missing access to 10-11 islands. Nonetheless, in my previous "grenade" screenshot you see how I advance quickly through levels ;) There's someone who's way further, missing only 4-5 islands.

This is very, very addictive. I'm not too keen on consumable IAP, but I admit Roofdog Games are amongst the few I happily buy those consumable IAP's because I get a lot of gaming sessions from their games. When the game gets the character update, I'll probably buy €5 worth of gems :)

I also give gifts if I have to spare, and thanks to all of you who have helped me complete my collection. I'm just missing 5 friends to get to 50. I'll check now to see if I have new additions.

The problem is that there are no more videos available to watch… it's been like that for more than 24 hours now.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Hey now lol. I have been busy with the 3 kiddo's haha.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #98 VirtualBoyFreak, Feb 16, 2015
    I only have 2 kiddo's, so I have more time to play than you :D Btw, I'm missing 6-7 levels, so I'm more Advanced than what I thought at first :p

EDIT: and soooooo… I got to 50 friends :D no more rewards for increasing the list, but it was a nice bunch of rewards. Just by playing, I've earned enough gems to buy the yeti (50 gems), the grenade guy (50 gems), the robot (30 gems) and a total of 3 factories (I think it was 20 gems in total, but I can't remember well though), plus I have 21 gems left and I've continued around 10 times in total. It's very nice and rewarding, bearing in mind it's been less than a week since I began playing. Now to continue playing and waiting for the update with new characters.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What ages are they?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    4 and 1, so… always busy :D