Universal Pocket Mine 2 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    OMG! Quite possibly... Congrats!

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I went from to 250 to 260 and still had about 11/12 mil left, so thought I'd go for it, wasnt enough but I got back up to about 266. I used the cash boost charm on precious galore this week and used my 50 rubies to play that mine, that helped a lot.

3. LBC03

LBC03 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Teacher
    Oh nice! Congrats! I'm on my way to the last prestige but I don't have quite enough funds yet. Very cool!

4. Gaming_Ray

Gaming_Ray Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Game Programmer at Roofdog Games
    Montreal
    Hey, new version is out on Android and iOS that fixes some issues with the magnets. It wasn't related to ladders, but rather if ores we're dropped outside of magnet range, and then the block they were resting on was destroyed.

Anyway, it should be much better now, and address the issue you were talking about.

Let me know if it works out for you.

5. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've been having issues with stormy 4 on android. I'm trying to get artifacts and have all extra treasure crate armour and cards yet I'm getting only 2 treasure crates per run ( I'm using crate radar if I'm lucky, most of the time I'm not getting a single crate.

Just wondering if it's me or if others are having the same issue?

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yes it seems much better, thank you :)

7. LBC03

LBC03 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Teacher
    Interesting that you mention this. I too was thinking that I didn't get many artifacts on the cloudy or stormy. Granted, I don't have them set up for artifacts, but even after playing through all 4 "weekends" of both mines, I'm not sure I've even earned one start in any category yet.

8. snowybell

snowybell New Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Hi guys, loving this game so far but,

What is the consensus on normal cards?
    Do people convert all the normal cards to the jelly blocks and only leave legendary/rare cards so as when the shuffle starts, better cards pop up?
    This is my first time playing, at level 40 and i just find it weird to keep shuffling to get normal cards in adventure mode.

Thanks.

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Send me your friend code, I'll send you some artifacts when I get time.

It's personal choice really, I upgraded and only recycle if my card is fully maxed. Some of the lower cards, like crate radar and extra crates are useful when looking for artifact as their isn't a gold better version. At the start when grinding I found having a half upgraded extra precious blocks card better than a one starred precious frenzy. But others may say different.

I've just looked at daily depth and see the highest score is over 1800. That's gotta be cheating right? I've gotten that score on regular mines but that's with a certain load up, chosen cards and 200+ hits. Getting that depth with just 100 hits an no special armour etc sounds suss.

I've given up trying to get the artifacts on stormy and cloudy, the most crates I've had in any run today is 4, and three of the artifacts gotten were for other mines. Hopefully stormy and cloudy will appear in tourist Tuesday at some point.

10. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    I have Jane with 2 gears that Boost rarity of artifacts drop by 45% each, yet I seem to never get legendary artifacts?
    Am I the only one?

11. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    So on my 2nd try of collecting legendary artifacts with someone other than jane and no rarity boosters I get one!
    Is this normal devs?

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    AFAIK legendary artifacts are extremely rare. Let's say chance is 0.1%. If you increase chance by 45%, a 45% of 0.1% is 0.045% if I'm not mistaken, so that leaves your chance increasers multiplying your chances up from 0.1% to 0.19%, which is still 19 legendary artifacts for every 10k crates opened, right?

The problem here is that the chance for legendary artifacts is extremely low, so low that even gathering a total 300% rarity increase multiplier, you'd go from 0.1% to 0.3%, which is still very low...

13. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Maybe... But Ever since I stopped using her and those gears I got 3 legendary on about 9-10 runs.

14. aries_lee

aries_lee Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Mining + Cute art = download it now!:)

15. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    We are not aware of any issue about that yet. We'll take a closer look.

16. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    I saw that advice on the roofdog forums... Seems I'm not the only one.

17. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    #857 talf, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    I've investigated Jane's behavior, and your chances of getting legendary artifacts won't be higher with other characters (using the exact same loadout of course). So no issue on that side .

Concerning the advice on our forums, not sure if it's the same post that I saw, but the user's theory was talking about having more chances of getting legendary artifacts if you manage to destroy more treasure crates per run (which involve swapping the character and some treasure/artifacts powers to more "explosive" ones to reach a greater depth.)

18. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Ok maybe it's the more crates thing. But would Jane actually help to get more legendary or it's the same?

19. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've gotten a few with other characters, no boosters etc, ive found the same with chests to be honest, I've gotten better gear with a char not set up for rarer gears.

Might just be luck but with the artifacts in particular, it's made me question the rarity.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    OMG, upcoming mines don't have grenade crates... We need a new approach here! :D

Attached Files: