Universal Pocket Mine 2 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    +1 million.

I've been playing with dan to get as deep as possible and although I'm not on ios, my galaxy screen also gets very hot and the battery (that usually lasts at least 2 hours playing this non stop) doesn't last half an hour, it drained from 98 per cent to 5 per cent in twenty mins. I'm lucky to get two full runs with dan.

Also, an option to send more than one artifact at nice would be great, being able to send five if something at once, rather than going through sending one five times would save a lot of time :)

2. yome

yome Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jan 5, 2010
    Game developer and founder of Roofdog Games (roofd
    Montreal
    Could you please post a picture of the loadout you were using when that massive drain occured? We'll try to fix that and any clues might help.

3. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I used dan.

Head......bomb squad helmet ..... 35 more powerful explosions....70 more explosive drills.

Arms......legendary hero gloves ......18 per cent chance to explode on crates hit......90 more explosive drills.

Feet.....two tine shoes ..... 70 more bomb crates.

Cards super worm, super explosive drill, super bomb.

I think it's the amount of explosions going off at oncethat causes the problems. When several are activated it kind of jutters and the screen stops scrolling sometimes until the explosions have caught up.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This sounds similar to what happened with Dan + grenade cards + grenade gears during soft launch, when each crate threw out 2 grenades when exploding...

5. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    This game needs more Game Center Achievements.

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

Dan and grenades is awesome, but due to the issues with juttering it's too frustrating so I took them off him. It's my fave set up though.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #827 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    No labyrinth today... Pity :( EDIT: At least the iOS update went live today. Finally, 3 new islands to play in... :D

8. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ok, you've probably all twigged on to this already but I've started playing a little differently, I've made it so all five characterss gear drop random precious ores, and other than dan who had precious cards locked I now leave the card slots blank and shuffle until I get at least precious industry or precious salesman. Sometimes it can cost 1,00 for that card to drop, but the increase in earnings covers it.

Before I had each character with locked cards so only two coukd get extra money from precious sales, now they all do :) I'm almost at 11 million, so will be going for the uograde to. 250 hits soon.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    @cloudpuff - if only you could sell off your 'last' card... ;)

I've done a bit of this too - the bucks cost to reshuffle seemed a lot at first, but now is trivial - but am not currently having much time to play - right now it's just faster for me to use Dan.

Also, I've been mostly away from WiFi which has severely hindered my ability to get all those 'bonus' gems. :(

10. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Precious frenzy is the word...
    I was literally on autopilot for the last 15seconds of stormy. Everything was destroyed!

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know if the following bug was fixed in the last iOS update or not, but I'll let everyone know just in case:

When doing the weekend levels (stormy and cloudy I think), my character was so explosion-loaded that everything was destroyed. If in this "all destroyed" situation you let your player stand on an undestructable block on one side of the screen and after the screen goes down for several meters, you suddenly see that some crystals were on the other side, let's say on top of and undestructable block/chest, you click on them to take your character there but it doesn't move. It's as if there was a maximum movement limit for stablishing the path to go from A to B, which is reached if you find a way to destroy every single block in a level. i.e.: the character can't calculate the path from A to B if it has to go all the way down and then back up.

I hope I made myself clear. It's a weird bug, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the maximum number set in the game code to go from A to B. In a normal situation, the limit isn't reached... But with all the cards maxed out and strong explosive gear, the situation is far from normal :D

Stability-wise, the last iOS update works far better on my 4S than the previous version.

12. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    That's crazy. I just crafted gold gear and got boots with 90% more grenades but it never appeared anywhere after that for me to wear!!!

13. Gaming_Ray

Gaming_Ray Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Game Programmer at Roofdog Games
    Montreal
    Are you sure you don't have a filter active on the gear screen?
    Something in the search field, or not all types (headwear, gloves, boots) are checked.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I've had this happen, and not just on the weekend levels.

If it helps, one oddity it seems is that I've seen movement behavior where Dan seems to be laddering up (when he's off screen) and over instead of laddering/falling down and building back up. Because of this, I've been tapping occasionally to keep him not too far off screen.

I cleared Stormy with 57 hits total - only 3 on the first level! :eek:

15. fabdub

fabdub Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Yes I'm sure. It really happened.
    Very weird....

16. Gaming_Ray

Gaming_Ray Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Game Programmer at Roofdog Games
    Montreal
    Maybe try contacting support through the in-game options menu.
    This is the first time we've heard of this happening, would be nice to try to figure out just what went wrong so we can fix it.

17. crazyb

crazyb Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Are The Lowlands ever going to come up on Tourist Tuesday? I've been hoping they'd show up for a while now.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, the problem is that I only got total destruction on the weekend levels :D It was so savage that I finished the last level of the hardest of the two weekend caves (stormy?) with around 60 hits left. I think I'm going to change my strategy a bit towards treasure hunting, because I'm losing all the treasures by booming through levels...:rolleyes:

19. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Something that keeps happening to me, on the android version, and it seems to be worse with the last update, is that the precious ores are often not being attracted to me despite being magnetic and get stuck in the ladders, so I'll run back up to trap the high value ones, only to have another crapload stick on the ladders that I've just ran up.
    Hope I'm making sense, it's tricky to grap a screenshot as I'm trying to scramble and get my precious ores. It's happened with all chars but Dan seems to be the worst.

20. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Am I first to max the pick? :)

Attached Files: