Universal Pocket Mine 2 (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Lol, or, just literally do nothing. You don't need to do anything. It just rolls over. You'll get updates like normal and nothing will be weird.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    If I wanted to buy some IAP for dev support I wouldnt be able to unless its from my US account. Thats what I am trying to get at.

3. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    #23 andysmash, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    After you download the game from your NZ account, sign out of it and sign back in to your US (or whatever your territory is) account. The app will still function normally.

Edit: If I'm wrong about that, let me know... I've been doing NZ, CA and AU accounts for a while and don't recall ever needing to redownload something. I don't own a computer, so I don't do any iTunes syncing or whatever...

4. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    You can, but you have to jump through some hoops. There are websites out there that sell itunes cards for canadian accounts, I don't know if it's against policy to link them so google it.

When I was working for a mobile developer, I'd routinely check out games in soft launch to keep up on industry trends, and that often meant buying some IAP to see how high they built their paywalls.

5. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    You're absolutely correct. The only thing you won't be able to do is sync the app to your computer. It'll say that the computer is not authorized for that account. I've never tried to log into multiple accounts in iTunes...I barely use it anymore, but it's possible you could authorize the CA and NZ accounts to your computer as well.

With Pocket Mine, if you log in with Facebook, your progress is stored in the cloud. You will not lose progress when the game comes out in the US. I did the same with the first game.

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I dont do FB but thanks for the help everyone!

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I hope it works that way. In my experience everything works fine but once you have an update out you have to keep switching to the original account to download it which gets really annoying signing in and out. I would still recommend eventually syncing the app for your territory to avoid that. And also as mentioned already for buying IAP you'd need your own currency as well.

Sigh, the things we do for soft launches :)

8. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    GameCenter

Hey Guys, if you're connected to game center, your profile is automatically linked to it! So you have 2 options, Facebook or GameCenter :)

Sorry about the game center "freeze". The game is just downloading your friends list/info/pictures. If you wait a bit, the game will continue.

It'll be improved in the next release.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey there! Are you the developer? Awesome game. This is probably one of the best quick collection pick up games I've played on iOS. I also love how many cards there are and how gear is often completely random (same items names can have different stats). It almost means you can play it infinitely.

I do have some simple aesthetic suggestions. Do you think you can change the border colors to show rarity for the cards you equip on the character screen? I notice that for gears, you can see their rarity by color on the character screen but then you can't for cards. It would be nice for a quick reference of what stuff you've equipped. That's why I would just suggest changing the border colors there.

And in the museum it would also be helpful if you could show how many you have total in each collection set on the main screen. It would help so I can tell if I recently got something instead of having to open each one individually to look.

Is it intentional that you cannot edit your loadout unless you've "recharged" it? I was hoping I could edit loadouts even if I can't use them yet.

Finally, I saw that gear doesn't notify "NEW" like cards do. Unless that was the intention.

Thanks for the awesome game!

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious about the GC thing? Awesome grabbing this now then!

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You won't regret it. Though the addiction is real.

Watch out!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've been playing with it whenever I had 5 minutes free. It's amazing how addictive it can get. With 8 energy, I'm just beginning to need to watch a video or two to recover energy and continue playing before I level up. I'm around level 31-32 and I've got to the castle level. I love the yeti-like character. It's special ability is amazing: continue digging even after the pick axe breaks. Very addictive.

And about the "edit loadout", I also think it should be better to allow to edit loadouts before they recharge. Unfortunately, I guess it has to do with not wanting to allow to change characters to play 5 times with the same character. If devs allowed to edit loadouts without recharging, you could swap characters along the different slots, to play 5 times in a row with the same loadouts. I guess that's what devs are trying to avoid.

In any case, a great game for quick gaming sessions. It sits along Extreme Bike Trip and Pocket Road Trip in my games folder :)

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Add me in game guys. I remember being addicted to that first game they made.

14. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    Yes, I'm one of the dev. Thanks for the greats comments!

Cool suggestion for the "card icon rarity border". We will try it to see how it looks.

Museum: We have done some small and cool improvements already about the collections. Available in the next update :)

Yes, it's intentional that you cannot edit your loadout if it's not available. We don't want people changing their loadouts all the time and re-using all the same gears/cards like in PM1. It'd not be fun to always edit your loadout before each run.

Tips: As you can see PM2 brings lot of new features. For those who don't already knew, you can craft specific cards, by tapping on them in the Cards menu! :)

[​IMG]

15. talf

talf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 2, 2012
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Montreal
    Next Update

There's currently an update waiting the Apple approval, and here are some changes:

- 8 new characters for the adventure mode (we're replacing some duplicate one)
    - Loading optimization
    - In-game push notifications for trade request (+gifts)
    - Fixed Daily depth leaderboard scrolling
    - Better chain lightning block
    - Worms length start at 3
    - “Secret” mini game
    - TradeCenter contains trade request suggestions
    - Fixed GameCenter freeze

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh thanks for your response (and VisualBoy)! That makes since about editing since you don't want people to abuse it.

I really love the rarity in this game (keeps me excited collecting), so I just thought it'd be nice to see that reflected when you make your loadouts for a quick glance.

I did notice that crafting items feature. I think crafting takes more of an effect once you "beat" the game as you'll want to recycle items to try and get better gear. I haven't found anything but a couple items to scrap many hours in! Btw, are the stats on the gear you can get random or are there set variations?

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Omg awesome!

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys friend me on Game Center my name is Amenbrother!! as I already passed most of my friends playing lol. Man talk about addictive.

19. Jessan

Jessan Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Having lots of fun with this one.

apbe9394

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    !

The space dude is tight!