Universal Pocket League Story 2 (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, May 2, 2016.

1. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    add me too : Pocket League Story 2 Friend Request
    Install Pocket League Story 2 and search for this ID to find me: 821446278.

2. plugger603

plugger603 Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Add me Pocket League Story 2 Friend Request
    Install Pocket League Story 2 and search for this ID to find me: 621422023.

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This is better than one in my opinion and I don't mind it being FTP since the IAP is simply getting the full game Ad free.

4. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    I'm going to go against the grain here - this is too similar to the first one. Very little changed (granted, I've only played this for about an hour). This is more like Pocket League 1.5.

5. CliffAhead

CliffAhead Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    after playing it for about 2-3 hours, i can't say i like this too much.

there's just too much to remember and account for in the game.

penalty kicks? no problem, just part of the match mechanics.

(somewhat) random weather AND terrain? and different players are more suited to certain weather and terrain, and you have to hire players and train them so you can have an all-rounder team? i could work with EITHER weather OR terrain, but throwing in both? a tad too much IMHO.
    i understand the need for difficulty, but i believe this does not make the game difficult, it just makes it frustrating.

and correct me if i'm wrong, IIRC, injuries didn't used to be so.. plenty. in my 1st match i had my 1st injuries.
    somewhere in Year3 i came out of a match with THREE injuries, one of them lasting 6 months. Yes, 6 whole months of my star player out of action. Throw in the weather/terrain system and i was literally scraping for half the year-time.

and items that players can use and equip to boost their stats. it's a nice touch, really, but the interface makes it horrendous to use:
    1. item does not let you know what stat it boosts. Sure, the names are pretty telling, and i've yet to erroneously deduce it myself, but for an item that is non-transferable and gives a significant boost to early game matches, i'd sure as hell wanna know what it does exactly
    2. make sure the player has sufficient skill slots before you use the item.
    Oh you want to use item X or player J? go to upgrade--> skills--> scroll to player J--> check if he has slots--> go out to main menu--> upgrade--> item--> select item X--> scroll to player J--> use X on J
    when you have 40 players it gets ####ING TEDIOUS.

i just unlocked the option to purchase FAST mode in the coin shop like 10mins ago. it costs 105coins. holy #### what?

i've been a die-hard kairosoft groupie-boi since GDS, and every kairosoft game was an instabuy and non-stop playing through the 1st night till i'm done with the first playthrough. i LOVED PLS1, but PLS2.. would be the shortest-lived kairosoft game on my iphone.

6. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I will take some time for this game, still stuck with High sea saga :D

7. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I expect PL2 to be a brand new game. Not a upgraded version of PL.

The 80 percent similarities just make this "new" game boring.

8. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    its right, it's not better than the old one, injuries are very frustrating.choosing the matches are quite confusing. weather is stupid.

9. valintino456

valintino456 New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    add me!

10. Fyshcakes

Fyshcakes New Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Add me