Pocket Informant for iPhone submitted to Apple!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by odelay, Mar 10, 2009.

1. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    See Alex's (PI CEO) latest blog post, and the product page for more info.

I've been heavily involved in beta testing this over the past 6 weeks or so, and can tell you it's a fantastic product, I'm sure destined to be a big success on the AppStore. Anyone familiar with WebIS will know that PI has been running for years on Windows Mobile and more recently Blackberry, so these guys know what they're doing when it comes to creating a functional, stable, feature rich productivity app.

BTW this is not meant to be some sort of shameless plug, I just have a lot of respect for these guys, having seen first hand the time and effort they have put into getting this first release right.

2. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Hmmm, just checked the web-page.
    I'm not clear about the sync with google calendar, though.
    odelay can you please shine some light on me?
    Is it possible/will it be possible to directly sync with google-calendar? Or do I have to go over Outlook?

3. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    It works like this:

Google Calendar <=> PI on iPhone

Or, if you want to sync with Outlook, you use Google Calendar as the "middleman":

Outlook <=> Google Calendar <=> PI on iPhone

So PI doesn't sync directly with Outlook, it's all done via Google Calendar (and Toodledo for tasks).

4. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Yes! Thank you for posting this. I check the PI site quite often but did not check today. I have really been looking forward to this as a Calendar replacement.

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Price drop

Down to $10, according to the app store.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

6. jbarr

jbarr Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I purchased PI when it was full-price, and I have absolutely no regrets. Heck I would have paid double. At ten bucks, just go buy it!

As a former "DateBK" user on the Palm platform, PI seems to be about as close as you can currently get. The ToDo/Calendar integration is excellent, and the fact that it syncs with ToodleDo and Google Calendar gives maximum flexibility--your data gets backed up, and you can choose to enter either on the iPhone/iPod Touch or online.

Check out the LITE version to get a good feel for what it can do.

Tip: Not sure about upcoming updates, but in the past, if you have many Google Calendars open in PI, its performance degrades SERIOUSLY. I recommend that you only have it sync just a few (maybe 2 or 3) calendars. THink about what you really need to sync, and keep it lean.

7. Rozzwell

Rozzwell Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Just bumping this thread because it is on sale now, 6.99 dollars, 3.99 pounds.
    Glad I did not buy it the other day, have been debating on getting this for a while.