Pocket Heroes - D&D meets Words with Friends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brandon Pollet, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    No that was me asking to beta test lol.

2. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Same ere

3. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    aw man D: i wanna beta test :D

4. Ap0calypse

Jun 20, 2011
    will there be summoners??or maybe necromancers? these 2 might be tricky to integrate.....

5. jollymark

jollymark Member

Aug 10, 2011
    This is the iOS game I'm most excited for from E3. Seriously though please charge a reasonable amount for this when it is done. It may sound silly, but if you charge just $.99 you may be tempted to ruin something beautiful with kooky iAP somewhere down the line in hopes of profit.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #106 Vovin, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

Then they have to deal with the TakemorethanabuckandIwhine-fraction.

I just hope they can think of a system where it is impossible to cheat a lot.

Btw., the guy in the blue shirt and with glasses on the devs website looks a bit like the young Will Wright. Not a bad sign. :D

7. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    ARE THE DEVS DEAD D:< i love the idea of this game but no new ideas D:

8. Ap0calypse

Jun 20, 2011
    Nah... simply working or holidays, they arent gods :p

9. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    OH... but at least tell some news or stuff once in a while, like on vacation wont be on for a while D:<

10. Lucosis

Lucosis Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Hahaha First time I've been compared to Will Wright! I can cross something off my bucket list!

I'll vouch for the devs not being dead, just working hard to get a few more things implemented before our next little teaser. You can follow us on twitter if you want proof of life.

@Readmore
    @cpollet
    @lpollet

11. Ap0calypse

Jun 20, 2011
    Hmmmm I see there is a family worikng in the project, not a bad sign....
    Ill justgive another idea, will weapons have lvls (like mastrery lvl), will we be able to customize our character(armor,colour,etc) i never saw this in a tb rpg

12. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, just wanted you to know we're still working over here. Sorry for the lack of updates but, as Lucas said in an earlier post, we've been working to get some new features and gameplay elements into the game in the hopes of doing another little demo video. I'm not ready to give a date on that just yet but it will have a lot of new things going on and at that time I think we'll be able to nail down a lot more details about the game.

Just hang in there, we're working to get you something cool and I can't wait to be able to show it to you.

Thanks,

Brandon

13. Ap0calypse

Jun 20, 2011
    Yay i Love cool stuff

14. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    anything new you can tell us about?

15. Brandon Pollet

Yes actually! I've just written a new blog post detailing some of the work we've been doing over the last couple weeks. I'm sorry we haven't had more to show lately but I'm hoping we'll be able to do more frequent updates moving forward. Check out the blog post and let me know what you think.

Pocket Heroes - August Development Update

16. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Wow looks really awesome, very excited. I had a question though, about how many classes are you planning at the point? and will there be prestige classes?

17. Brandon Pollet

Thanks!

Right now we have about a dozen classes, and we're planning anywhere from 4 - 6 at launch. There are other classes that we've designed at a very high level that could either be additional classes or prestige classes later on, we haven't made a decision on that yet.

18. iJayCee

iJayCee Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 3, 2010
    I just wanted to hopefully point out some features that may be up for consideration in later updates. This is certainly a game I have been looking forward to as I have been waiting for such a game for a very long time. One of the main aspects of any RPG is gear collection (At least in a modern RPG). I believe that this should be present here. It would be simply amazing to have a custom character that you take with you from game to game. He is unique and your gear selection has a lot to do with how you play the game. This really makes no two games play out the same. Especially with a large amount of gear being introduced that you may randomly get a chance to receive through certain games. Some gear is quite rare while others serve a special purpose but is more common. No level requirements would be needed if you have a vast enough amount of a gear selection so that every character is uniquely suited to a certain task and everybody feels as though they truly play a role. Just some things to think about. Also, a nice icon is VITAL. ;)

19. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    Everything looks great, thanks for the update! Going with what IJayCee said, tons of equipment is a must. Also, the game should have a lot of different types of stats so that each character can really be specialized.

Edit: I wrote this before I actually read your development update, and I think that twelve attributes sounds perfect.

20. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    WOW! It looks amazing, and not long now!!!! WOOT!