Pocket Heroes - D&D meets Words with Friends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brandon Pollet, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Are you even reading this thread? Haha. The whole point of this game is multiplayer.

2. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I have a thought! I think that sounds awesome! Anything you can do to increase he social interaction.

3. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    well the first thing i read, is the developers comments, and all i saw was a vid and not much info :p but cool thanks for telling me :D another question would be, gamecenter, or some other engine for mutiplayer?

4. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    Idea :d

Also I got an idea, so I was watching the gameplay video on your blog, I was wondering, if u died, would there be some kind of respawn system, where u respawn at the beginning of the dungeon or you spawn next to your fellow players(you can choose which one?) but i believe that the 2nd option seems too op :p. Unless when you die, you lose all your items and levels and stuff like that. But that would be stupid. SO ANYWAYS, i think that there should be like a respawn system when you die, so that you wont lose all your stuff (maybe like a 50 xp decrease or a 10% attack/defense decrease) Also another point is the classes, you should have the classic classes (ranger, mage, warrior, rogue) but also some "tier" classes. Where when you level up enough skills, you can get a secondary class (mage = summoner, ranger = hunter, warrior = beserker, rogue = assasin) :p that would be great also between dungeons, you could have a town where you can buy weapons, rest, and other stuff. also whenever something happens in a town, it would appear in the chat so for example, CHAT: (mage1 bought a fire staff) (hunter1 has rested) .

5. starpause

starpause Active Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Sound perfect, hope the implementation goes well! With so many things happening you'll have to pick out when to actually send an alert/notification... I'm guessing only when it's your turn would feel natural.

6. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    They will implement chat but voicechat like in gunbros would be great

7. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    I just discovered this thread today and already want this game! It sounds great!

This game just begs for online leaderboards! If there's one thing that keeps me coming back to a game, it's to top another player's high score! I'm hoping you guys will be adding Game Center!

8. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    =.= everyone gone quiet?

9. Ap0calypse

Jun 20, 2011
    I think everyone just waiting for more info, so shut up and wait.... :p

10. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    BUT =.= i thought it was dead so i got scared D: its such a good game

11. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    I don't think this would work because from my understanding, this is turn based like words with friends. I think a good idea would to be have a chat box somewhere where you can talk no matter who's turn it is, that way you can strategize.

12. Lucosis

Lucosis Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Definitely not dead. Still very hard at work at it. :)

We even played Heroes Quest for "research" until 1:30 last night!

13. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    research :D

I like the way you do your research :D. so is there gonna be a beta?

14. Ap0calypse

Jun 20, 2011
    Roar, become my minion :mad: muhahaha
    Anyway another idea: it would be awesime if you added PvP and also the possibility of playing a boss in a dungeon against other players ;)
    Cheers

15. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    HAHAH :D of course i would

16. DrNub

DrNub Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    The Great White North
    I should have looked into the game earlier, I only did a very..like a real quick check and thought to myself "wtf is this." I searched up fire emblem on search bar and this showed up, read more and watched the video. Real great concept, and hope it'll come out great =D, I'll be supporting the topic!

17. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I can beta test it hehe

18. LifeIsWeird

LifeIsWeird Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Looking forward to this, and a few questions that may have been asked before. Is there a map editor? Maybe a monster creator where you choose a sprite then assign stats and skills? Item editor for making your own weapons or potions maybe? and if any these, an option to upload them to an online database to download user made campaigns, items, and monsters?

19. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    O_O beta is already out? D: wahhhh

20. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

We haven't released any information about being able to edit maps or monsters yet. It's not out of the realm of possibility but it definitely won't be in the first release. We have discussed a DM update that will allow a player to control the monsters in a quest but we're not sure what kind of quest making abilities we'll have in the game.

Also, there hasn't been a beta release yet, and we haven't made any formal plans for one. But thanks for all the beta 'submissions' in the forums!

We're still working, I'm tweaking weapon attributes right now, so please stay tuned and we'll try to have some more for you to look at soon.