iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #81 Ayjona, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    No random matchmaking could be a possible death sentence, or, slightly less dramatic, at least drastically reduce the appeal of Pocket Heroes to many gamers. I am lucky enough to have a circle of close friends who also game on iOS (and who have all been instructed to buy this come midnight ;) ), but to make a game that can not be played at all, in any fashion, by someone without GC friends who also own the game is a very, very peculiar move. To avoid disgruntled reviewers and in fairness to potential customers, perhaps a disclaimer should be added to the App Store description, preferably near the very top, clearly describing this requirement, and warning players not to purchase if they do not already know of others on their GC/email list who own the game, or plan to buy it (or even direct them to TA or other online forums where they might find people to play with). Online games without random matchmaking is *very* rare in the App Store.

I would have preferred to wait a few more months for random matchmaking, flexible party management (such as being able to remove or add members of a party but go on with the quest chain), deleting games, procedurally generated quests and randomization mechanics for quests, etc.

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sorry to everyone I have created games with no full party. If that is a bad thing..., which I suspect it is ! Lol

3. hobbitrjw27

hobbitrjw27 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    It does sound to me like there are a few things that need to be in the first update.

-Addition of Random matchmaking for games.
    -more randomization of quests or a actual random dungeon mode (something which might be a good idea for when parties are awaiting expansions with more quests)

-the ability to type in a username in the game to be able to search for people to start games with.

I will need to actually interact with the game itself when I download it tonight but just from reading posts here these are the things that I think need addressing first.

4. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Why on earth?

20 instances of the same linear game? What's the point of that? :confused:

5. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Majorflaw-it should come up with gamecenter friends that actually OWN the game not all pf them lol-i have like 1000ppl on GC-how can i guess who owns the game??
    Thanks for adding me ooooomonkey :)

6. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    I'm intrigued by this game and now anxious to play!

I'm ready to play tonight if someone would like to add me dub.D.dub is the name.

I'm on vacation so plenty of time! ;)

7. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    So wait... you HAVE to play this with other people? There's no single-player mode?

8. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    #88 Grungebob, Jul 12, 2012
    Um... I don't think so! That is not the point of the game. This game is specifically designed for a social experience!

9. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yes it is multiplayer only-kinda like draw something but not with random ppl-you need gamecenter friends that also own the game...

10. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I'm also enjoying a refreshment while waiting ;)

11. Esty H2O

Esty H2O Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Gaming
    Philly
    LOL Dr Pepper all the way, also refreshing the app store furiously. Lol

12. tonyctitan

tonyctitan Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Arrrgh! Still not out in u.s.

13. Esty H2O

Esty H2O Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Gaming
    Philly
    I feel the same way.

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    This is precisely what I'm wondering as well. Am I missing something? Or is this really the case?

15. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    #95 take, Jul 12, 2012
    guess you forgot the game only costs a fvckin' dollar. i could understand the concern if the game had premium pricing, but with inevitable free updates down the road.. really..??

16. Zimon

Zimon Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Sweden
    I have 9 games going from adding ppl here and I have still not managed to get my second turn in any of them. Use the chat ppl so we can communicate!

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    That's strange... Game I started with you says I'm waiting for you to make a turn...

Same with 15 other games I've got goin... I've hit refresh every 5-10 minutes... No changes... ????

18. tonyctitan

tonyctitan Member

Jun 26, 2012
    See I don't like the sound of this

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    One could only hope that games will involve a good deal of strategy and diversity between the classes & enemies to keep the game refreshing until more updates roll out with additional content (*crosses fingers*). For a buck, I'm willing to take the risk, but I do understand where your coming from with the lack of random level generating at the very least...

One more hour til download. I hope I have a good deal of current GC friends that will have the game as well when the time comes.

20. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    For the record, here's what I'm seeing here: a game with lacklustre art, missing features, and a suspect (at best) design logic overall. With consumable IAP. To balance that though, we have some promises from the dev to "add stuff later."

Enjoy, folks.