iPad Pocket Heroes - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Despite the lack of randomization (hoping an update will improve it) i will get this as soon as it hits the PH appstore.

I'll add whoever wants to go on regular quests but we'll need a schedule :)

2. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

While I get what you guys are saying as far as the random level situation there is still plenty of randomness in the game. Every chest is random, all the loot ( other than specific quest items ) is random, and we simulate dice rolls for all combat.

I think a lot of your questions will be answered pretty quickly as soon as you get into a game or two.

3. Brandon Pollet

I've PM'd you to get more details. If you're having trouble getting a game going I definitely want to hear about it.

Thanks!

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hi!
    Personally I have pretty clear the concept of D&D party and campaign which is perfectly replicated in the game; I love this.
    What I didn't realized for some reason before is the now obvious: it's a 4 player campaign, strictly.
    It's ok (party size seems perfect to me), but then I realized I have more friends than 3 willing to play Pocket Heroes (as a dear friend of mine told me today while talking about this....LONG GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN WE NERDS WERE WITHOUT FRIENDS!!!)
    So now I have to choose between multiple groups...not something I was prepared to do.
    I cannot even start different campaigns, because of the nature of the game (all could be pretty boring except the first).
    Another thing to have in mind for the future....the more 'campaigns' we can play (with different groups) the more players there will be (I personally 'evangelized' the game to waaaay more than 3 people), the more sells you'll do :)
    Just this.

Now if you excuse me, I return to refresh furiously the AppStore....

5. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    So can you only be with one adventure party at a time? I don't understand.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Let me guess: you will have multiple orgazms when the buy button appears? :D

Anyway, Pitta, if you don't chose the G. United, I'll
    drive to Ferrero and put garlic in all Nutella pots.

And I don't name my second child after you. (I wouldn't anyway.)

Last, but not least, I will throw the Pittarellian Sceptre into the next volcano. Ha.

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #67 pjft, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    ...I'm not sure if this is a game request, or a classified ad :p

Just kidding Slizzam - I'm just happy that people are starting to form teams as the game is released worldwide. Congrats on the release, Brandon and team. Looking forward to hearing more impressions!

While I can certainly understand the reasoning behind having a story, I have to say I was expecting this to have random dungeons as well. I'll be curious as to how many people will still be playing this after going through the dungeons the first time around.

8. Brandon Pollet

I completely understand that. I've said this before but maybe not recently enough. We definitely have more that we want to do with the game, both new linear quests and the random quest option, but we really just wanted to get the game out for everyone to start playing so we could get your feedback.

This is only the beginning for Pocket Heroes, so let us know what you think, if you run into any trouble, and what you'd like to see more of.

9. Grungebob

Jul 10, 2010
    Just to refresh my question, can I have a paladin in one campaign and a steam dwarf in another? In other words can I be involved with more than one game/party at a time even if it is the same series of quests?

10. Brandon Pollet

Absolutely, you can have a bunch of different parties going and they will all have a different character in them. Right now I'm playing in about 20 games, some as a Mechie, some as a Priestess, etc.

11. Grungebob

Jul 10, 2010
    That's great because I plan to have as many going as possible!

12. abodi

abodi Active Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Seeing as you make people create an account, please make it so you can search or the username they created with you to add them to a game. Otherwise it's a pain in the ass to exit the app and add a random to Gamecentre and wait for their acceptance. Alot of people do not want to hand out their email addresses to random people.

I haven't even got into a game Ey and I already regret it the purchase. Should have waited a bit to see if it was really worth it. Luckily you I was excited for the concept. Execution however is poor.

Why the heck does the screen slide in and out when choosing characters? Unnecessary.

13. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I don't understand a word of what you are saying??:confused:

14. jbills

jbills Active Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Somewhere
    What he's saying is this: Gibberish, gibberish, I don't like your game, gibberish.
    I think that he is trying to say that there should be an in-game username search.

15. abodi

abodi Active Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Posting from iPhone, hence the errors.

#having to make an account rather than using Gamecentre - BAD

#no finding random players - BAD

#owning the game for more than 45 minutes but being unable to play because I know no-one who owns the game - VERY BAD. (pretty much garunteeing 1 stars in the app store from randoms who took a shot on this game, that don't visit forums like TA)

#seeing the game makes you setup an account/username. Let us search for people using that username. For security and spam reasons sharing email addresses publicly is a bad idea. - GOOD IDEA

# the only part of the game I've experienced the character selection screen, theres no need for it to slide off and back on, just change the info.

16. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Wait... You can't get groups in game center really?

17. abodi

abodi Active Member

Feb 1, 2011
    You can invite from Gamecentre assuming you have Someone in Gamecentre who has the game. Or you can invite someone from outside of Gamecentre but you need their email address, even though the game has you set up a username.

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Out in the UK store. Search for 'Ayopa' rather than game name. Ok. See you in game ;-)

19. jbills

jbills Active Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Somewhere
    I do agree with most of that. Can you see the GC username of a person with an account? If you can't and random games are added then that would keep strangers from seeing your GC username. It would also help people who, for one reason or another, do not have GC.

20. tonyctitan

tonyctitan Member

Jun 26, 2012
    So you can't just play with randoms ?