Universal Pocket HalfPipe (by NaffRobot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 11, 2011.

1. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Best advice right here. Don't even think about it. Go in iTunes. Search Pocket Halfpipe. Click on it. Download it and pay 99cents.

2. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    #142 mattll, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
    did it , also the price said 2.39€ and after playing it a bit it is definitely worth that price
    i really love the menu design

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The universe finally aligned to result in my playing Pocket Halfpipe last night at midnight resulting in a very, very cool easter egg. Nicely done. Part of me wants to post a spoiler but I guess that would defeat the gag (at a minimum I wouldn't have ever found it without the NaffRobot tip). Here's to more content updates for Pocket Halfpipe!

4. Hey thanks undeadcow, nice to know someone unlocked it.
    Probably a good thing we didn't go for 12 o'clock on a full moon night :)
    I think the next one might have to be a little less obscure...

Pete.

5. Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!

This Sunday marks Pocket HalfPipe’s first year in the app store! Yeay!

It’s been a crazy year and I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for the amazing response - your reviews and emails have been really inspiring! You guys rOcK!

There are more really cool updates in the pipeline... and a brand new app! I’ll keep you posted :)

Also, if you haven’t already picked up Pocket HalfPipe, check out the app store on Sunday for a special anniversary price drop!

Have an awesome weekend!
    Pete

[​IMG]

6. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Sounds good can't wait!

7. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely be picking this up at the anniversary price!

8. illwill

illwill Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Falling of ramp

I love the game, picked it up a couple of days ago, and still amazed. But I sometimes fall of the ramp, and I'm not really sure how I control that, any clues?

9. Hey illwill,

Your position on the ramp is all to do with the amount you spin when you're getting air. If you tilt right as you approach the top of the ramp, your character will spin to their right and move that direction through the air.
    So if you find that you are heading too close to one side, you'll have to tilt back in the other direction. Just mess around with tilting in different directions(and amounts) and you'll get the hang of it.
    One thing that I was working on for an update is a big stadium ramp, so if you are still having trouble, this might work for you :)

Thanks for the comments!
    Pete

10. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I know it's been a long time since its been updated, but I was curious about whether there will be another update or if you guys are planning a sequel perhaps. I just got back into this after a while, and boy, it's still a blast to pick up and play again. I'd just like to know if there's anything planned or if this is it. Thanks and sorry for the huge bump :D

11. Hey Banger1103,

Thanks for the message, glad you're enjoying the game!
    There are a bunch of new features and updates in the works such as a new character, new tricks and another ramp but they've unfortunately had to be put on hold so I could finish off another game project. As soon at that's out the way though, I'll get them out there for ya!

As for a sequel, I'd love to do it but I can't promise anything just yet. I'll let everyone know here first if something eventuates!

Thanks again,
    Pete

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fingers crossed for another update here too, Pocket Halfpipe is a great game.

13. Help!

Hi all,

The program I use every day to create 3d (Softimage) was bought out by Autodesk and has now been killed by them! It's heartbreaking for me because it's a perfectly good program that I've been using for years, anyway if you have a spare moment, please sign this petition - http://www.pockethalfpipe.com

I also have made Pocket Halfpipe free for the next few days so grab it if you haven't already!

Thanks,
    Pete

P.S There is a long overdue iPhone5 Update for pocket Halfpipe on the way!

14. Hi dudes!
    Hey I just updated Pocket Halfpipe with a with a bunch of tweaks including compatibility with a whole range of screen sizes!

Also versions of Pocket Halfpipe are now available on all of these stores!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Good stuff I haven't played this since I had my iPod touch 4g looks like it's time to give it another try.

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just a friendly bump. Talking about Halfpipe Hero got me playing this again, and my gosh, it still holds up so well even all these years later. Would love a sequel or maybe new ramp types or something in an update (I think that was discussed before?) but even as is this game is just awesome.

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, I never really got into this before, but I own it. Giving it another shot ;)

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It's been quite awhile since I last played. I don't think I've played it since the update tho. Reinstalling now.

19. Pete :)

Pete :) Member

Apr 18, 2021
    Melbourne
    Hi all!
    I know this is super old but I found this clip of a BMX Pocket Halfpipe version I was playing around with, thought someone here might like to see it :)

Pocket Halfpipe - BMX test-low.gif

P.

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    You should finish that! It looks sick. Also I would do darn near anything for a full screen update for Pocket Halfpipe, it is one of my all-time favorites.

metalcasket likes this.