Universal Pocket HalfPipe (by NaffRobot)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 11, 2011.

1. mitrezom

mitrezom Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    wow the art and animation looks great. I'm not a border but I'll have to download and give it a shot.

2. Hi there!
    Just to let you know Pocket HalfPipe 1.2 should be out really soon!
    There have been heaps of tweaks/refinements and a new character!
    [​IMG]
    And, there's more coming!
    So keep checking the website and here for more info!
    Thanks!
    Pete.

3. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Is there 2nd Gen Support?

4. Hey Dudes,
    Sorry Still no 2nd Gen Support,

Here’s what’s new in 1.2

• New SkateyChick Character!
    • More Music Playback Options - Also, if you have music playing before entering the game it wont be interrupted.
    • Free Skate Options - You can now adjust what you see in free mode, check out what scores your ticks are getting or show nothing for a cruisy no stress session!
    • Play Faster! - Now games restart quicker and take you right back to the action :) You can even restart from the pause menu!
    • Plus heaps more tweaks & refinements.
    1.2 Should be out really soon!
    We are giving away a bunch of free copies so check the website for details - http://www.pockethalfpipe.com/News.html

Thanks
    NaffRobot.

5. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Will there ever be 2g support?

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    E-mail sent!

7. We have been looking into supporting some of the the older devices but just running into some walls on the way. So I wouldn't want to rule it out, just probably not really soon.

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Loved it when it first came out, still on my homescreen - thanks for the update, hope to see more in the future!

9. Hey that's cool!

There are more updates on the horizon, hopefully they rock enough to keep that position :)

10. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    That is not good news. Hopefully you guys can figure something out!

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Feared this game was falling to obscurity to be neglected and forgotten by its developer.

Glad its getting an update and wish all the best for its success. Its a really fun mobile boarding experience - still on my iPhone and is my first choice when boarding comes on the tele and I want to play along.

12. Update is out!

What's New in Version 1.2

13. chuck_lidell

chuck_lidell Member

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Yupp , same here, great little game , cant stop playing it, great look and feel to,.

14. zylojax9

zylojax9 Active Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Awesome! I've updated and played around a little bit with SkateyChick.

NaffRobot - to unlock everything for SkateyChick do we have to beat the scores from our other character, or do we essentially start over from scratch?

Thanks for the great game - it's so much fun!

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Please help me, this is one of the most compulsively addicting games I've played in a long time. I don't want to like it because it's more casual than I prefer but despite it's simplicity I can't help but want to one-up my last go round. The design is polished and all around very fun. I'm looking forward to more updates from the developer.

16. Hey, zylojax9. Yeah you are essentially starting again with unlocking the skateychick character.
    There are more characters planned for future updates, as heaps of other cool things!

undeadcow, sorry to hear you going nuts :) I guess?

17. NinKuji

NinKuji Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Socialworker
    Germany
    nice update 4 a nice little game :)

when i saw the fat printed UNDEADCOW in naffs last post i thought (for the first second) it is the new character...

.. now i want to skate with an undeadcow character :eek::D:eek:

18. zylojax9

zylojax9 Active Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Okay - I figured it out. Looks like you do start over from the beginning with SkateyChick - except for the Big Air mode. With that one, the first height that I have to beat is the record that was set by my first character. So, in order to unlock anything in that mode I have to beat 12' right off the bat. Yikes! I guess I'll be using the other modes to unlock things.

For any of you out there that might be hesitating on this amazing game - JUST BUY IT! Even if you aren't into skateboarding games, you'll get addicted to this one.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Stayed up till 2am trying to unlock everything and gave in at 88% (so close).

20. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Why the heck are there only about 2500 people on the GC leaderboards for this great little game? It has to have sold lots more than that surely!

Anyway, I'm working to get into the top 25 in the timed mode. So far my best round is about 7200.