iPad Pocket God?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chumbake, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

#1 Chumbake, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    #2 Eng, Jan 10, 2009
    Buying it now ;)

EDIT : Hmm......i'd wait for an update, the 'play' area is small, and you can't really fling them around that well.

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hmmmmm.... That's weird, as there seems to be no developer listed for this app! I'd stay away.

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    It's only a buck, is it at least worth that???

5. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    it says bolt creative made it

6. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

This developer has had a history of bad apps, I would stay away from this one.

7. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

AAAAAHhhhhh. Fazzy!!!!! I love your signature!

On topic: Eng, do you just pick up people and drop them and that's about it?

8. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Yep, thats pretty much it, the 'play' area goes twice th height of the iPhones screen, so not much room for throwing really, i was expecting launching them across the sea, it turns out you pretty much just drop them in the sea or throw them to land back on the island.

9. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Just go and buy Virtual Villagers, much more content and depth than this one.

10. davecazz

davecazz Well-Known Member

I'm actually the developer of Pocket God and FWARP!. First I want to thank you guys for giving us some feedback on our games and reputation, the last thing we want is to have a reputation for releasing bad apps.

Our previous two apps, were to test the waters of the iphone market, develop a library for making iphone games, and to create some initial apps, that if popular, we can build on for a long time to come and make them into something that is not a waste of time. Initialy, our strategy was to release something small, and if it gains traction, add to it to make it cooler, we definitely learned that there is a minimum standard we need to follow on our first release so we don't disappoint potential customers.

FWARP actually does much better than we expected and we plan on adding and polishing it for a long time to come. We are really looking forward to winning over some of the users that aren't 100% happy with this app. We were just waiting to get the initial version of Pocket God out before our next major release.

Pocket God is completely different than FWARP, you can even tell by the art and production values of the screenshots. We are looking to create a seriously cool game with an evil sense of Humor. Right now, it's mainly a Koi Pond like app in which we will be adding all sorts of ways to screw with the cute little islanders. We are planning to make these additions every 2-3 weeks and will never increase the price over $1.00 even if we add a ton of features.

As far as the kind of developer we are, check out http://www.wgt.com this is the types of games we build and we will be bringing this type of development to the iphone, please be patient, all our existing apps will evolve and will be very cool.

We are planning to launch an instruction screen that addresses this. you can fling the islander into the distance by touching below the pygmy (below the water line) and dragging your finger up and over the pygmy, depending on how fast you do it, you can fling him far or short and can also aim their trajectory.

We are also thinking of adding things in the distance for you to hit with pygmy's that will make life difficult for the other residents. (spewing lava?)

Once again, we really appreciate feedback like this and thank anyone who spent $1 on any of our apps. Please feel free to tell us about any new features that you would like to see.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You've convinced me. Thanks for visiting the site. Hopefully you guys will be checking in here periodically as sometimes these forums can be brutally blunt but developers will learn exactly what consumers want. This is the best thing a developer could ask for in the long-run. Good luck to you Mr. Cazz, now if you'll excuse me I have some pygmies to download and screw with so I can tell ya what new and devious thing I can think up.....

12. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    seems quite lame to me, but what do i know? i'll pass thanks!

13. davecazz

davecazz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll stick around on the board, I have a 12 app a week habit (depending on what's good) and the site seems like a good place to talk about other people's apps. I am also interested in making development more transparent and collaborative with a group like this. I think it's fun to get people's feedback and feed off of each other's ideas. I'll also ask the artist that worked on Pocket God to check out the board as well.

btw, I currently use apptism.com to check for new apps and mobclix.com to look at stats. anyone else have any good sites that they use? iTunes is super slow for me, not sure if it's because I have a huge music library or because it's just slow on windows.

14. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Do you have an email i could reach you at? Id like to send some thoughts of mine, if thats alright!

15. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    #15 1337brian, Jan 10, 2009
    I just wanted to say welcome to the forums... I'll pick this up tommorow and let ya know my thoughts here later on. Thanks for being so involved great to see dev's taking the time to introduce themselves and their apps.

16. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Welcome

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

17. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

It's great to have anoter dev on board!!

18. mek

mek Well-Known Member

appshopper.com

19. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    i liked swinging them around by their head then tossing them in the sky but it would be the qoo if i was able to catch them in mid flight. overall i saw alot of potential there and if your really interested i got a few other suggestions

20. Last Gatsby

Last Gatsby Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Just caved and bought it.

As it plays now, it's a glorified stress reliever. There's nothing better than punting those little guys into the background and counting the hang time or whipping them around in circles and letting them fly. I agree with nightbeaver that it would be nice to be able to catch them mid-air. The graphics, controls, and style of it are all great, but I hope you are serious about updates. As it is right now, I don't know if it is even a .99 game.

With different islands, terrains, night and day, disasters and other updates this could be a fun little game. I don't think it necessarily has to have a point, it just needs a lot more variety. And possibly a menu screen.