Hey Guys, We just submitted the final build to Apple for approval, we were a little later than usually because of a development environment issue but we were able to use the extra time to make sure the build was stable and do more polishing than what would have happened late Sunday night. So, this was a really interesting update, it was our first nice update for the game and it actually made me a little nervious at first because I felt that we had to keep getting more and more evil to make the game fun to play. But so far all the beta testers and anyone who has seen it really likes it, so maybe we will do more like this in the future. Also, with this update, we managed to keep all the new functionality triggers in the environment itself by allows you to just drag the sun/moon/coconut to make things happen but we are running out of ways to use the environment like this, so I think the next update might include some kind of menu with ways of enabling/disabling functionality (will probably make the accelerometer an option too). Don't get me wrong, we will still look to put triggers into the environment when if feels natural, but its starting to feel like we will have to forcing you to do some really weird gestures to trigger features if we continue doing this for the next 3 or 4 weeks (or longer). On the technical side, I managed to make a breakthrough in the texture department. we ended up using a texture atlasing algorithm by a guy named Javier Arevalo who used to do really kick ass pc demos in the 90s. Here is a pic of the two versions. the previous guy's algorithm who claimed to have incredible results. Cycgon Atlas The new kick ass pc demo guy's algorithm Arevalo Atlas I filled the alpha of the texture with red so I can tell how much waste each version was generating. The Cygon version couldn't even fit the island in it, but the Arevalo version has everything with room to spare and slmost no wasted space between textures. I created a python script that basically goes through a list of textures from our main xml file, creates these bitmaps and spits out xml that tells the engine how to find each texture. this is a sample of the xml that is needed to find the image, I added each corner of the image to the xml so later on I can rotate or reverse the textures if it means I can get better compression. Code: <textureAtlas id="atlas0" filename="TextureAtlas0" ext="png"> <atlasTextureDef id="IslandTexture" x0="0" y0="0" x1="463" y1="0" x2="0" y2="121" x3="463" y3="121"/> <atlasTextureDef id="Cloud1Texture" x0="0" y0="121" x1="452" y1="121" x2="0" y2="263" x3="452" y3="263"/> <atlasTextureDef id="CoconutHalf" x0="116" y0="580" x1="135" y1="580" x2="116" y2="592" x3="135" y3="592"/> </textureAtlas> While it would be awesome if we could call it a day and stop working on texture optimization, we still have a long way to go if we want to keep pumping out updates with new animation. So, the next step for textures is to crop each image to its smallest non alpha space (you can see a lot of red in the atlas that we can get rid of). and automate it so Allan doesnt have to do it manually. The pygmies are in 64x64 textures and hardly any of them take up the full space, we can probably cut our pygmy memory in half by cropping them and adding them to a texture. The other thing we are looking at is 16bit color, this would double the amount of texture space we have. One more thing, If you like the game and the updates that we make each week, help us get the word out, we have a facebook page and a youtube channel and we need to stay at a good ranking on the top apps list in order to justify updating it every week. You've given us a ton of ideas and nothing would make us happier than to put it all in the app.