Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Aack!

Have been busy with TT lately because NB kept saying it couldn't update PF. Well it did & I lost all my friends as well as all my sets! Now I have to reconstitute my "In Memory of Mom" (if I recall that was the very last set of the pre-update PF) & who knows what other sets.

What I'd really appreciate is knowing (aside from first set I noted), what other sets there are & their frogs. Would also like to know what other changes have been made in the game. I just realized that one can buy another habitat, for example.

Whereas I can't be much help in PF at the moment for I never set a goal to complete all frogs, just sets, I can be of great help in TT as I can be of great help with gold dream jobbers.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

2. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    #33842 meplie, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  3. JackaboomU

JackaboomU Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I will never tell you to stop. Very grateful for the sets.

Since no one else has wanted them I’ve been sending them to my other phone’s game, but of course they are really taking up every habitat now. I have to bite the bullet and sell them off. #. Maybe I’ll just hold on to the very last one as a memento. :)

4. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    Omgosh, just saw your post, lisianne. If you want the sets I have like all of them, courtesy of meplie. You’d have to friend my other account, code is 1J96.

5. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Wow, I seem to be quite out of my league here at 26% when I pretty much stopped playing. You guys are the truly dedicated PFers!

Thanks for the pics of the sets, Meplie. By the dates, it looks like the sets I completed once upon a time b4 they went bye-bye along with my friend list. In a way it's tough for real newbies (not me) to be able to afford or find a Fortuno, say, so PF sets must be terribly hard when once it was do-able. But then, sharing/caring was always the hallmark of this forum & group.

JackaboomU, the only way I would agree to your generous offer would be if you were to tell me who to mail them to when I was done. I'll add you as a friend anyway but my time for PF is limited as I noted earlier. No one should expect me to be a full time player but I do try to gift now & again.

I have to admit that this was the BEST forum I ever belonged to & it accounts for the lion's share of my posts. You guys should be proud of your dedication!

6. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    #33846 JackaboomU, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    I'm going to be honest, lisianne, I hadn't had any takers until you showed up! I'm not sure there's any guarantee someone would step up to take them after you. I've been surprised that no one wanted them, especially when you consider that we can't catalogue frogs anymore and get a "discount" on purchasing them from the dex.

It'll take me a while to tame & send, so there's no rush to any of this. Take time to think about it. If you want them great, if not I'll just sell off. No pressure either way, it's just a game! :D

Just wanted to edit to add that I don't expect a one-for-one frog exchange - you don't have to send me 8 frogs if I send you 8 frogs. It's enough to know someone is benefiting from meplie's efforts to reconstruct the sets.

7. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    The credit should all go to Snappy as he is the one doing all the work. I am just passing them on after I get them. Seems a waste not too. As a quick note Lisianne, we all started over in the sets when they upated so even if you did them once, they will show in the same order as us all. :)

8. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Whereas your offer was beyond generous it would feel wrong to accept the sets without at the very least being able to pass them on to someone. If I can't be of use in some way, any way, then I must very regretfully decline your kind gesture.

You or one of the regulars here should get the benefit of selling them off at the very least. How about Snappy (who Meplie said did the work) or Meplie who gifted them to you?

9. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    Well first off, thanks Snappy for originally reassembling the sets! I didn't know it was you, so thanks!

Second to both meplie & Snappy: What do you guys think of lisianne's suggestion? Do either of you want the sets back? Like I said, it won't be fast, but I did just tame the very last set last night, so I have that one ready to go. The rest could roll back to you every couple of days or so. Let me know what you'd like to do.

10. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    lisianne! Another name from long past!

Thanks for recent frog gifts, guys. If anyone has a Pictoris and/or Arcis handy, these are more I've missed getting while levelling. I want to end up with everything from 9 up represented, and not too far to go, almost level 26. Nice to be able to get more habitats now, is there still a hard limit?

The daily potion frog is stuck on Foramen of different varieties - do you all see this too? Cheers, 1XM7.

11. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    #33851 JackaboomU, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    I had a Pictoris, sent!

12. Grotesque.enigma

Grotesque.enigma Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Female
    Retail
    Texas
    Yes I have and this is irritating. I want an Obaro. Dx

Thank you Snappy, Mepile Martin and another mystery gifter (1LHB) For the frogs. I hope this shop thing is just a glitch they'll fix soon. Have a good day everyone.:3

13. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    It seems to have snapped out of it, as mine shows a Persona today! I can sort you an Obaro later today :)

It was actually an Axis I was lacking, if anyone has one. Cheers.

14. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I don’t need ge cash peraonnaly so no need to send them back.

15. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    Thanks, meplie.

Snappy, do you want the sets back?

16. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #33856 SnappyMcfrog, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Welcome back Lisianne! You can buy up to 32 total habitats in version 3.x.
    Catalog and frog requests are gone, as well as the frog mini-games. The extra habs do help make up for the lack of a catalog. The sets can be skipped, but I am completing in the order given (reverse chronological).

All the weekly sets can be viewed at this page: http://pocketfrogs.wikia.com/wiki/Weekly_Sets

JackaboomU, perhaps ask if MartiNZ or FAZSTP (8HMP) would like a few sets?

Thanks to JackaboomU, FAZSTP, frogs in my pocket, JavaRich, Martin, 15FV, Enigma, Heeranc80, for frog gifts.

A good day to all,

17. JackaboomU

Apr 27, 2013
    What a lovely idea. MartiNZ or FAZSTP, would you like to get the sets?

18. lisianne

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Thanks for additional info, Snappy. I found out about the habitats but didn't know how many one could have. Don't have the wherewithal to add more than a couple more since I'm not an active player.

My memory must be fuzzy because I thought the Froggydex WAS the catalog - what did you mean? Also I didn't recall that one could request a certain frog -bummer.

I didn't know sets could be done in reverse order. How is that done? FWIW, I'm finding doing even the first set difficult but will have it tomorrow or next day. I'll offer it here to whoever wants it. That said, I'll repeat that I'm not an active player & may reciprocate *eventually* but never in kind. Too time-consuming.

Thx Snappy & 1XM7 (who's that?) for gifts today.

19. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    1XM7 is MartinZ

20. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Snappy can you give me a pattern and 3-4 colors you need for this pattern and I’ll make them for you to reciprocate for all those sets.

For example... maroon, pink, white, blue Latus.

Also can you wait a week to send me new sets? I need to tame the last 3 first and am busy these days. Thanks again for all those sets :)