Pocket Detectives??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by curtisrshideler, Jul 10, 2012.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My biggest desire is to have an office/party-building RPG based on a detective team like the TV show The Shift, where players would have to investigate crime scenes, find treasures or evidence, chase and defeat criminals, build up the detective shift and department with gear and building materials, upgrade gear and "weapons" (from guns to maybe coffee and donuts), use a turn-based combat system for crime scenes and interrogations, and maybe a few action combat parts thrown in like car chases and arrests.

Think final fantasy meets tiny tower meets broken sword meets jet pack joyride, but based on detectives... And done in 16-bit graphics.

Could be a fantasy setting, future setting, Sherlock Holmes setting, or just modern day setting.

Does anyone know of something similar to this out there? I've been searching, but I don't think anyone has done this idea yet.

So, if there are any developers out there who'd like to take a stab at this crime mystery idea with me, please let me know! I really want to play this one... if it ever gets made!