Universal Pocket City (by Codebrew Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Finally a game in this genre that isn't an F2P mess.

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nice one thank you I’ve just bought - looking forward to giving it a go later

3. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I made short gameplay clip.
    Accidently, it doesn't have sound...
    Hope it helps for someone.

nyanpass likes this.
  4. Wesley Barrett

Wesley Barrett New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    iCloud sync would be a deal breaker for me. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep, you can generate a two letter code, which you can use on other devices ... or even post it here to share it ...

6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Plays very well on a plus.

7. kpflynn

kpflynn New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Does anyone know how close to roads zones need to be? Trying to determine how to lay things out.

8. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Two lanes/squares of zones for one road.

9. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    B965AA23-C079-4E1F-A897-2C0E36B84240.jpeg
    Something like that

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nice to see the 5/5 Touch Arcade review and rightly so. Up to level 48 now ! Got the whole map for my city. I'm normally an 'app dipper' as i have so many apps to dip in and out of but this one i've been playing tons. Wonder if i create a new town from scratch it'll let me stay at level 48 so i have all my different buildings, i'll find out soon

But what a game. Every now and then in iOS gaming you get one of these 'moments' where a stunning game comes out. Its just so playable, the user interface is superb and they must have done some great quality assurance testing with this, very polished.

Ijipop and lezrock like this.
  11. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #31 skoptic, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Not auto sync, but in settings you can “upload save to make it publicly available, transfer city to another device or share with friends”

It’s universal, so yes :)

A nice level of complexity. Almost got very annoyed when it loaded in portrait as I had checked it would support landscape. Thanks for the note above about settings to change orientation :)

Sieye and imdakine1 like this.
  12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    What.. The game lets me upload or download cities? Will it allow us to use other created cities and make them our own by expanding them etc...

For this feature alone I might get the game!!! Although I hope to find a place where people upload files since I don’t think I’ll a lot of friends who will play the game!

If a community is formed as good as Mekorama this will be awesome!!!

Please confirm what I can do if with a shared city?

13. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    Probably the city builder i was looking for..worth every penny spent on it.The only thing i hate are tornadoes...takes out like 1/3 of me town

14. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  15. mstoebe

mstoebe New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    It sure is nicely done and has a lot of Sim City to it.

but...

For me at least it's much too simple.

I get the feeling I can't run out of money, the quests are so easy, I completed them before even starting, they are popping up like flies and for every quest you have to tap about 10 times until it finally starts, immediately gets completed than tap another 3-5 times to get your reward. Feels like a cliker-game sometimes. Also Leveling up is manual. I'm leveling up so often, I often don't tap the button just because I'm constructing my city. then I level up 3 to 5 levels after another.

Some quest are quite impossible to manually complete thoug, like spoting a burglar that wants to steal a car...I somehow completed this quest but I never saw it happening. "Spot someone making yoga" is another one...fine but...no luck! I guess somewhen it will magically be completed as well. "Survive the tornado"? Happend automatically. Nothing you can do about a tornado other than rebuild and since I can't run out of money somehow (at least not permanently), that was reaaaaaly simple.

Manually copying my town over to iPhone from my iPad is fine but I would really like proper cloud syncing between devices. I don't want to always think ahead where I might be next when I have 5 minutes to spare and wether I might have my ipad or my phone available. :( and i don't want to play multiple towns at once...

So...really nice game, resembles Sim City somehow but no, not really. Sim City was far advanced regarding game mechanics than this. This doesn't make Pocket City a bad game but for me, at least, it's way to easy.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i must admit i've been a wimp and turned these off

I know what mstoebe is saying but i actually wanted a 'lite' Sim City type of game, nothing too crazy and this is just the right level for me personally. Filled up the whole map, managed to get rid of mountains and build more etc but still enjoying it

Going to start a new city now (probably sandbox) and get the roads done right this time.

Finding it hard to spot a cat or a bunch of teens causing trouble despite switching the view. But well well worth the money, its like a 'Pringles' type of game. Once you start you cant stop !

17. digitaligor

digitaligor Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Great city building game, having a blast with it! Finally a premium city building :)
    I tried making bigger zones, like more than 2-3 squares lenght, to see how the big buildings are formed (those 2x1 and 2x2 ones) but I'm not sure I understood it yet.
    I remember the first SimCity with 2 buildings of the "same level" merging together to make a bigger building.

I tried that game a long ago, but what community are you taking about?
    edit: oh ok, I found the thread here on the forum with all those user generated levels, probably referring to those I think :D

18. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I saw a game video and it seems a bit simple. For example if you build a road in the middle of nowhere, cars start driving on it and people start walking there. Even if there are no buildings or connecting roads.

So I’m wondering how much (or how little) intelligence the game actually has?

Like do the citizens care about where the industrial buildings are? What about pollution from the powerplant? Etc. that was a big part of the original Sim City and greatly affected how you laid out your town.

19. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I LOVE THIS GAME! one of my family members bought it as well & finds it addicting!

You Tired of Freemium city builders where your constantly waiting for timers, Constantly need to buy to get anywheres?

This is your game! Once you pay its all open to play in ether sandbox or the regular mode.
    you will unlock & level freely, heck later on you will find something that makes the already speedy building speedier!

Pros
    ✅ Offline playable
    ✅ No iAP or hidden costs
    ✅ No timers
    ✅ Fun & very addicting will keep you play & planning for hours
    ✅ Comical criminals

Cons
    To me there isnt any I love this game! its a premium city builder finally!

Though I do have a few wants

While there is a good amount of varity I wish for more different buildings, More dfferent styles.
    More recreational buildings like a pool or zoo or a amusement park etc
    larger 8 tile or more versions of the fun things/parks/beaches
    Day night cycle/Weather cycle
    more map sizes
    different landscape depth possible? like the city could be down near sea but the town is up in the mountain area its all flat which is ok just a idea
    Taller buildings like skyscrappers
    godzilla or a monster disaster
    more different events maybe a event maker mix fierworks with racing event etc
    Ground Paths
    seperate houses we can place

20. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    My first game seems too easy but I am on the easy setting. What difficulty are you on?