Universal Pocket City 2 (by Codebrew Games Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Apr 7, 2023.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    If you’re able to replicate the issue repeatedly, looks like this might be your case unfortunately. I downloaded your city and fooled around for like half an hour, did some competitions, finished events and whatnot. I have none of battery saving options on to fully test the performance and didn’t have a single hiccup or issue whatsoever across multiple devices. So, you may be reaching limitations of your hardware due to insufficient memory (as I experienced with previous game on my old device). Anyway, you can still reach out to the developer to be sure. Until then these are just speculations although highly probable ones. In any case, I’m sorry though.

Ghostdog1 likes this.
  2. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks for
    Thanks for testing it out. I reached level 95. But with my last research that unlocked fireworks every night the game crashes as soon the fireworks start. I could start on a new tile next to mine. But…

It‘s time to get a new ipad. I wanted to play Divinity: Original Sins 2 anyway and missed on that one out because of my device limitation. So it‘s another reason to move on.

macplash likes this.
  3. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I hate to admit this here, but I played the first game a little and let it land in the backlog. Well, 1st I thought play part 1 on my phone & the new one on my ipad.

Now, I am asking the group if you all think if you haven't played part one much should you just jump to part 2 now.

4. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
  5. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Game is awesome but not very challenging...

i have try normal and hard mode, for me its the same.

i ll try the very hard mode, but for now i'm lev 70 with 22M gold, and i have no challenge, i can buy everything, repair everything, i ll never run out of gold.

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ShinHadoukin I still really like the first one because of its simplicity. It offers very casual gameplay in comparison to much more complex Theo town or a regular Sim City. You most certainly don’t need any knowledge from the original game to enjoy the sequel though. Then of course the sequel is superior in every aspect, so if you have to choose, go for this one without a hesitation.

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

sebgo likes this.
  8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    My older child loved Pocket City. As soon as I told him that Pocket City 2 was available, he bought it and is loving it. It’s a great game with many improvements over its precessor.

sebgo and macplash like this.
  9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    On iPad 6th gen it tends to crash quite often. I think it needs some memory usage optimization for older devices with 2GB RAM.

sebgo likes this.
  10. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    This game is so dope. I can’t put it down. I’m trying hook up my city to function like a well oiled machine. Hours go by and I just have to take a break. Top notch game for sure. Much respect to this developer

Wall Jump Games and sebgo like this.
  11. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Most relatable thing I’ve ever read on the internet.

12. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i find the game is not challenging.
    He is very easy, and without difficulty that lost interrest for me...

i'am lev 100 on hard mode.... maybe the expert mode is challenging....

13. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Much appreciated wall jump games.

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Some of us actually prefer more casual approach to gaming. There are other choices if you prefer more challenging experience. Theotown comes to mind, or perhaps Concrete Jungle. But both Pocket City games are on the more casual side. Always were. And I personally am grateful for that.