Universal Pocket City 2 (by Codebrew Games Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
  2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I love this AND Mighty DOOM. So there! :p

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  3. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    There’s almost too much to do! Not enough time spend building lol.

My goodness, there’s seasons with new art and lighting for each one!

One small complaint is the driving feel kind of sucks too much for the timed events to be much fun. Another would be crates spawning in the sky. Also, could we maybe get a shadow under the mayor when you’re hang-gliding?

How does everybody handle their trash? Right now, once I built an incinerator, I moved my landfills to the edge of the map.

4. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Hey, we’ve all got our kinks and bad habits. It’s all good. ;)

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  5. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Um i have some issues with my iphone 14 pro, phone become hot after 5-10 min...

i notice that since my city grow up

6. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    #26 Alex DeLargest, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    Haven’t noticed any performance issues on iPad 9th gen. Haven’t played that much on my 11 Pro yet.

Ok, a couple of absolute must haves, assuming I’m not missing something:

Make the cosmetic item duplicates stack in quantity so it’s easier to identify what you have multiples of when selling them and you don’t have such a long list to scroll through. There’s so many crates to break open with clothing in them and I swear I have multiples of a bunch of stuff.

Also, let us type in exact amounts for the item retention limits in the export port, for example. The slider is inexact and fiddly.

7. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    So I bought it day one as I loved the first one and happy to support this. I loved that the first one brought back that old school simcity vibe. This one looks gorgeous but I haven’t played it yet. This is exactly what I feared. Too much to do that will make the game more tedious than fun. I am hoping that’s not the case but that’s what it looks like from trailer and other videos. Like I said I still supported and bought it just not sure when I will get around to playing it.

8. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    It’s almost all optional as far as I can tell. You can ignore the free roam for the most part. Just reject the relevant missions. It’s basically bonus bucks and xp.

9. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    I just realized that I’m at level thirty and have never bought a house or engaged with the home furnishing part of the game at all. Totally optional.

For another example, you can free roam wander around the map and collect resources with your mayor character, or you can wait until you purchase that land to expand your city and then just tap the resources to collect them in build mode.

10. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Nobody has issue with temperature of phone ?

I'm lev 50, and i have disable every setting i can for optimize that... but no effect on the hot phone...

11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Am I right in thinking that when collaborating only the host can engage in free roam stuff? Shame if so but that seems to be the case when I’ve tried it out.

12. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Absolutely phenomenal game. The first one was excellent but lacked the depth to give it real staying power. This would be a very worthy sequel if the only thing that was improved upon was the additional buildings and city management tools. But the surprising addition of being able to free roam with your avatar to actually experience the city you've built really take it to another level. And there's even a Crazy Taxi-inspired mini-game! Can't recommend it enough and as others have said, you can entirely ignore the free roam features if that's not your cup of tea, as without the free roam stuff it would still be one of the best city sims ever.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  13. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #33 Ghostdog1, Apr 11, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
    The game heats up my device ‚ipad air 3rd gen‘ more and more and starts to crash after about 30 to 60 minutes in since reaching level 50. Till now i thought it‘s because I move the cam + zoom in&out too fast. But it’s true, as my city got bigger and was filled with new different building, the more the game heated up my device. But it autosaves so no progress is ever lost.

Otherwise this is a quite spectacular very thought out formula of a City Builder. I love it.

14. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i have disabled every settings and set graphics to medium.

i'm lev 68 and my phone is normal now

Ghostdog1 likes this.
  15. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I would say avoid free roam at your peril!

The only crates I’m finding in the wilderness are rare ore. Setting max auto-sell at the shipping dock on this gets you 180k per game day. All of a sudden I have 2 million and still a surplus to automatically sell.

You can find a deluxe glider easily enough from the in town boxes and use that to get from forest to forest in the wilderness; loot boxes are extremely common under the trees.

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

17. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Turned on all battery saver functions and lowered the quality to low. At level 80 the game keeps crashing after every 10 mins of playing. I guess my ipad air 3rd gen is the problem here. Or does anyone have the same problem with newer devices?

18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Ghostdog1 Had a similar issue with original Pocket City back in the days playing on ancient iPad Air 1st gen due to memory limitations I guess. But I didn’t experience any issues with the sequel so far. Playing on iPhone 13 Pro, iPad mini 6 and iPad Pro M1. To be sure it’s not your device or anything, share your city and we can try to replicate the problem.

Ghostdog1 likes this.
  19. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    If the terrain allows it’s also pretty easy to make big money with the ore finding buildings and ore extractors.

I’m guessing the real challenge will come from other terrains. I’ve started an island one and the limited land makes it pretty tough so far.

20. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    My city Id is 7I78. Right now i can still build but i can not compete with next city, because the event will crash my game immediately. I really think my device is too old for this game.