Universal Pocket Build (by MoonBear)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #81 Hiraether, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Sweet updates!

This is exciting stuff. Thanks for the updates.
    Happy Holidays! #.
    The resource collecting for secrets is intriguing.

2. sarah.anne.carlisle

sarah.anne.carlisle New Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Water?

How do you make streams and water flowing over the edge like seen in some photos.

3. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is there any chance of getting a map generator that just creates a random landscape of terrain?

I bought this excitedly, but being presented with a flat featureless grass plain that I have to shape right down to every little hill and stream was a huge turnoff and would probably be a barrier for my daughter enjoying this as well.

I'd rather have an algorithm handle that step for me with my input not going beyond setting some sliders and toggles depending on what features I want the landscape to have and how numerous/prominent they are, and then I can get to work building a world on that canvass.

4. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Taking the plunge on this one. My favorite part of Portal Knights has been building a base, so I think I will enjoy this.

5. yzzy

yzzy New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Downloading now!

Hi Jaynes, didn’t know about this game, I accidentally saw it while looking for a new game in the app store, looks good, but wanted to know more so I search for pocket build here, hoping to get a little more feedback from others. But was really surprised to see this was just released a few months ago and already have lots of updates, and dev(you:)) are very active here and listened to suggestions & already grant wishes of some gamers, aand your doing this solo, wow, great job. Truth is I don’t really play much of sandbox type game, but I wanted to support your effort, I think your on to something here, so I just bought it. I’m sure I’m going to like it. More luck to you! Keep up the great work.

6. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    This game is really in fire! 2nd to Minecraft in NAbrankings. Congrats!! Seriously impressive.

7. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hey guys :) Sorry for the delay in replying. Been super busy with updates.
    I've been listening to your feedback and have a lot more things planned.

IOSgamer1980, the game comes with an initial world which you can use to build off. I will be adding a land generator soon so you don't have to construct the land piece by piece. Some people enjoy scaping the land from scratch so will also keep the option of having an empty world.

sarah.anne.carlisle, the water elements are in the Water category. Will be adding more water items soon and also improving the water.

yzzy, Thanks for your support :) Hopefully one day I can convert you into liking sandbox games.

Hiraether, thank you :) Surprised to see it doing so well in the charts, especially considering that it hasn't been featured on the app store at all.

8. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Very late to this game but I am extremely impressed by the developer's interactions in this forum thread. Very diligent and hard-working (from what I can tell). Definitely buying this to support. I will also make a video and play it on my stream! If the developer wants to join and provide input during the stream, let me know through DM. Keep up the great work! :)

9. Frecke

Frecke New Member

Feb 22, 2018
    #89 Frecke, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Extinction

Hey guys!
    I’ve been playing this game for two weeks now and I really love it. Great job dev ��
    Did someone also notice that animals disappear after some time? I have an island with a forest on it and I placed two wolfs, two foxes, one bear, and three deer. After a few hours some of them were gone so I replaced them. Hours later only one deer was left and now it is also gone.

Earlier I noticed something similar for the goblins in their fortress. For the fortress I used the big brown walls and towers. These seem to be hollow like the cliff edges for example. So it turned out that my goblins were walking within the walls. Some of them were never found again. So I checked the cliff edges to see if the animals maybe were stuck too, but I couldn’t find them.

Do the animals disappear on purpose or is this a bug?

Also, please add some cattle, pigs, and chickens dear dev =)

Best,
    Frecke

Edit: ok the last deer is still there, but the rest of the animals definitely disappeared.

10. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Congrats!

Hey congrats on making Game of the Day in the App Store! You deserve it, awesome!

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I like the looks of this game but I hace one questions. It’s only a sandbox or it have misions?

12. Excessus

Excessus New Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Thank you for this promising game. Would be nice if, when creating a new game, it generates a random scenario for us to fill up with things, it can be really a task to make terrain, etc. Would also be great to be able to stack items vertically, like rocks, which often have a flat upper part. But the graphics and main engine is super nice and this might evolve into something really big. Do not desmay :)

13. Frecke

Frecke New Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Sandbox only

Sandbox only

14. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Thank you for this game ! I adore it was so worth buying & they keep adding to it !
    - it's offline
    - It allows for high creative fun
    - it's calming to play with
    - it has many updates adding new things here & there
    - it's a great price for a building game it's premium play no freemium aspects seen anywheres
    -The villagers are interactive they chop wood harvest food plus the wood and food get you new buildings and things to build so there's a purpose to have people who chops and farms..

I hope to see cats, ferrets and more buildings like more houses and maybe a way for the villagers to go in the houses and even care for the animals, like get milk from the cows that would equal food etc, maybe a way to build buildings peice by peice ? walls furniture etc? more styled paths would be nice as well hoping there be a way to build higher easier and caves with water to fish in, pools ? and maybe seasons/weather as well, a way to reproduce the animals or the villagers?

this is a amazing game!
    thank you so much !

15. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hey guys :)

Thanks for all your support and feedback.
    I've almost finished with the Day and Night update.

Here is a little sneak peak.
    [​IMG]

You will also be able to set the day/night mode. There will be three options: Day, Night, and Auto.
    [​IMG]

@shining jade, Also will be adding cats soon :) I have added your other suggestions to my to-do list and will try and implement them as soon as possible

@ Excessus, will be making more objects stackable soon. Currently walls, castles, forts, modern buildings can be stacked vertically.

16. Robortom

Robortom New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Question

I’d like to ask if there are any plans to make it possible to share your world with people of your choice, “friends”, to work on a single world. Something like minecraft where access can be given to people of your own choice.

I think this would increase your user’s and a good option to just have so some can enjoy this game with there friends.

Let me know your thoughts!

17. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Yep a multiplayer and online sharing feature is currently in the roadmap :)

18. Balur

Balur New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Hungary
    Greetings and feature request

Hi Jaynesh,

Thank you for your game, I'm really like it.
    Please let me suggest some features and modifications I miss.

- Option to see the a bigger model on the construct screen, maybe a force touch on an item to zoom it on
    - Some sort of grass ground, not just the pure colors
    - Easier modification to ground block colors
    - Option to change placed 3D objects with something from the construct screen
    - Name for the items in the construction screen
    - Option to rename a world

Keep up the great work! :)

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    We Rule veteran here, man this looks like it might just scratch that long unsatisfied itch...

I'm going to try building one of my we rule kingdom designs in pocket build.... :)

20. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I’m thinking of buying this...