Universal Pocket Build (by MoonBear)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Cytona

Cytona Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Hey Javnesh,

I think 7min is the sweet spot for a mobile title

2. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Anytime between 5 and 10 mins is i think the best cycle for the day and night implementation

Cheers

3. DawnMoor

DawnMoor New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Night cycle

If its possible to give us a real time night and day cycle option , something that i hated on sim city it was that i could have liked when i play at real night time its night time ingame as well to appreciate the night aesthetics of the game.

Give us an option how day and cycle could play out. People who want short cycles could adjust it and other to read the real clock.

4. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Yeah. The recently launched Home Street too, did not have day/night time cycle. But you could buy various lamps and lightings to outfit your home..lol.

5. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I'm currently working on the day/night cycle. I will be posting screenshots soon. The game also got featured in the "Today" section in the UK so I'm extremely happy :)

6. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    By the way it's just minor but I think you could also replace the app icon with a much simplier one cuz at far when you look at the app icon now you wouldn't even recognize it at first

Just do something simple but catchy I think app icons too is one reason that affects how one person will be curious about the game aside from the name of the game

7. bensufc

bensufc Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Bought the game and I have to say I think it’s great and really enjoyable.

I’m just wondering from the dev what sort of things we can expect for the game in the future? And what direction are you hoping for it to go in?

8. saddykark

saddykark Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Nice poly graphics. How many downloads have you got so far ?

9. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I wanted to ask if it will be possible for users to upload their own assets in the future. I think that would really make this thing come to life.

10. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Yeh I completely agree. I am currently working on a more simpler icon. I will post a few ideas here soon and get your opinions on which one is the best.

I have a few different features planned for the core concept of the game.
    - Creating your own objects and letting other users build using them.
    - Co-building. Building together with your friends.
    - More advanced AI for animals and people.

The game is still developing and anything could happen in the future. It all depends on the feedback I get from players. :)

I've received around 1000 downloads so far. I've taken a huge risk and quit my day job to do this. I hope you can all support me on this journey together. :)

Yep this is currently planned as a core of the game in future updates. Building your own objects and allowing other players to use them.

11. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    #71 Perseus, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    That's great! My humble 2c: get that in as soon as you can, because then people will truly have their own little sandbox/pocket terrarium. Know Skethfab? There is a whole pool of people there who would love and app like this. Perhaps you can get in touch with them, see if they can get you some support?

P.S: would it be viable to open up scripting to some extent? I can imagine people having fun coding patchfinding and stuff.

12. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Ok initial feedback:

Looks great. Seems to be running smooth.

The menu button hiding in the build menu is not entirely intuitive, but ok sooner or later you get there since it's the only button.

After the initial appreciation of the default map, I started looking for an option to level it all so I could start from scratch. There isn't. It feels a bit like having this map shoved down my throat. I'm sure this isn't the intent. Had to be said.

I removed some dirt under a fox, put a rabbit in with him to see if he'd eat it (for fun; no expectations), didn't, decided to put dirt over them to see what would happen to their models (a.k.a would they get deleted). When I selected the patch of dirt, they were still there. Is this intentional? Perhaps for future use? Say; multilayered maps?

Attached Files:

13. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #73 Hiraether, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    I read the updates!
    Love seeing what's next. I read the updates for the games I follow like the news in the morning.

Great lil' sandbox so far. Keep up the great work. #

I too would like an option to start with a blank map. It would be to have different worlds as well. A blank slate tabula rasa would be Zen and help me be more creative. I love the little village but sometimes I want to change everything.

14. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hi, thanks for your feedback :)
    Upcoming updates will have more advanced AI for the animals and humans. They will be doing things like attacking other animals, eating the vegetables, chopping trees etc. Not sure what you mean by multilayered map, can you provide more details on that?

Hi, thanks for your feedback. The next update will give you the option of starting from scratch and also the option for multi-worlds. :)

15. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #75 mastery51, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Hi Jaynesh, I noticed a new update came out that potentially fixes the ios 8 bug. I updated to the new build but unfortunately it shows the same thing on my ipad mini 2. The pink screen shows up on start up.

16. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Hi,

The issue seems to be that the device isn't loading the shaders for the game. I suspect that it could be due to the build size so in the next update I've reduced it and hopefully that should work.

17. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    New update contains the option to create multiple worlds :)

Here is a few things are coming in the next update:
    Day/night cycle
    More interaction with characters/animals
    Multi-selecting objects
    Upgrading houses

18. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Nice update! Now I can start from scratch! :)) by multilayered I mean that you can build on multiple levels, so you can make multi story buildings or go underground?

19. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've been watching this for a bit, and decided to download it today. I'm not sure when I'll actually play it, but I like how the Dev is active in the forums and updating the game on a consistent basis.

20. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Active Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Glad you like the new update :) I will look into this multilayered idea. Sounds interesting.

Thank you for buying :) hope you can play it soon.