Pocket Army - Must Have Free & New GAME!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by antony.thai, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I did play it. Not for long, to be honest. What I was trying to say is that, from my experience, most games that make use of consumable iapps will not properly save game data to one's own computer. Given that ios devices are a bit limited in storage, and the game files are growing in size exponentially, every game will be removed at some point. In those cases, you don't want potentially hours of progress going to waste. AS far as 3rd party servers go...well, I don't trust them, and certainly don't maintain much faith that a one or couple man project's servers will be up and running for the long term. Hell, I just made my first Steam purchase about a year ago, and that was because I had too...stupid authentication. I could have just DL'ed a cracked ISO instead, nut no...gotta support developers that have been steadily stripping away users' rights (accelerating ever faster, though) for over a decade.

2. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

So, Pocket Army is clearly not that case.

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Downloaded this earlier today, feels kind of slow paced and undirected... I think the thing to make it work is random battles aginst people not just friends also since some people can just buy everything so the whole game plays it self and they think they're good kinda sucks.. I wish I could fight some of these people with my level 9 guy and 10 swordsman...

I guess it's a pretty good adaptation of all these TD/ pick a line games etc.. I guess its most like paladog with you controlling your units atoumaticly with u controlling ur character. Biggest diff is they're all tere at the start at a set limit that u plan before hand. Looks wise I guess battleheart.

I feel like this game could be great if updated and worked on giving the player more direction or at the least letting you play a random person.. I do like that the iaps aren't nesccessary, I think some of the spells need to be lowered in price or maybe units because without that if it feels like your just watching. It needs to get to a point where u can custumize your character, units and spells faster to keep players interested. Also more diversity in the above mentioned can also lead to a better multiplayer expeience..

4. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    I'd love to give this free game a whirl but its region locked. So I have to take a pass on it. Can't access it in the Philippines. :(

5. antony.thai

Ops, I didn't aware of that, do you know why it's not in Philippines Store?

I need to figure that out! :(

6. antony.thai

Really thanks for your time sending those value feedback, we will discuss about this in the update. Let's stay connecting with us!

7. lll Horus lll

lll Horus lll Active Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I'll be honest this app didn't look appealing to me so I was going to skip it. But since everyone is hating on the developer I will gladly try it. I'm not sure if you guys understand what the term optional is. You do not have to buy it, only if you want to. Now if all of you would stop being so immature and actually try the game, I'm sure the developer would listen to you if you found some problems with it. I will post back sometime about my thoughts. I believe you guys should try it to. If you do not want to try it, get the hell out of this topic. I do not see where bashing a developer gets you. Oh and to the developer, good job for handling them so well and I could easily understand your English. Good day everyone.

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I haven't had a chance to play this through as deeply as some, though I did get it a day or two early, but I'm enjoying it very much so far. I'm not a big fan of the "freemium" model, and always prefer to purchase a complete game outright, but I do know this much: Antony is a stand-up guy who is really dedicated to making great games; he's not a fly-by-night dev trying to extract money and dump on his customers.

There are a lot of people who enjoy playing games casually and don't mind spending money on recurring IAP for games they like. I hope this game does extremely well for him, so he can afford to make more of the high-quality premium games he's done before, too. I hope he always knows how many friends and supporters he has in this forum, no matter what. :)

9. I do hope this trend of going fremium will change too. I think it is ruining good games by having the games either made way too hard or making them frustrating.

As for this game, tried it, looks like Legendary Wars a little. The graphics and gamplay are good, but the game does get repetitive after a while with all the inapps and all.

Anyway, good luck with the game, hope you do well.

10. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    #30 ak47killa, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Why are there so many little lovely people crying about IAP's? Dont download it and keep your mouth shut. If you can't afford a few bucks to support a good game just throw your device in the toilet.

11. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #31 kzwen, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Who the hell are you calling lovely people. As far as I know in TA, there's no personal attacks. I see you have been here for a while yet you don't know this basic courtesy? You don't even have to be here a while to know that. It's basic HUMAN respect.

What our problem is is not 'a few bucks to support a good game'. I myself spent tons of money to get thousands of apps. What we don't like are the increasing frequency of iaps which are useless and are out to suck your cash. That's our point. If you think we are just 'bitching' for the sake of a few dollars, go read the whole thread again!

12. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    #32 Kildar, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    I'm not sure. But my itunes says its not available in the Philippines store. Well looking forward to it becoming available

**EDIT**

Downloading now, its available. :)

13. And you're the mature one calling everyone bitches? Give us all a break and go cry to your mama...

14. antony.thai

Everyone please! Let's keep this down, we came here to enjoy game and making friend only.

I'm not intending to create a thread and have this result at all.

Thanks,
    Antony

15. Well, good luck with your game. As I told you before, it is a well made game, and has good graphics. I hope you get some followers, but even if this game isn't succesful, keep up the good work, and come out with a great regular paid game. Best wishes and we can be friends! Haha

16. antony.thai

Hey yah! Wait for me!

17. antony.thai

Update 1.0.2 is now LIVE! (Thank you everyone for helping us on fixing bugs, this current version is definitely needing a lot more improvements and new features, we're working on it )

Now, the final major updates in 1.0.2 version:

+ PET HUNTING EVENT (Hunt the Gem Felix, for more daily Gem reward)
    + Improved AI (Battle will become more lively and challenge in later level)
    + Add Pet in a Friend's Challenge
    + Add Friend's Skills in Visit Friend's Army
    + Add Challenge Random Friend's Army feature.
    + Major save bug fix
    + Major time bug fix
    + Social feature now becomes more visible
    + Game Center Bug fix
    + Improved Touch
    + Improved Loading Time
    + Sound bug fix
    + Added % progress of Quest
    + Improved English mistakes.
    + Crash bug fix
    + Some minors bugs fix

18. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    Nice update! I'm updating now :)

19. Why not, will try it again, my amigo!

20. antony.thai

Thank you guys! I'm working on another update of it, please don't hesitate to tell me if you have something that you want to add.

Cheers,
    Liem