Universal Pocket Army - (by Pine Entertainment Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    I'll be posting my progress soon. Just uploading the image. :D

2. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

:D You're now in my army! Woot!

3. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
  4. antony.thai

Hey dude, did you try hunting the boss in the middle map?

Build an army of archer will help to hunt down him quickly!

Cheers!!
    Antony

5. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Yeah, I already have. I just need to wait until I can get him again. Do you plan on creating more islands and bosses?

6. antony.thai

Yes, this is on the plan, there will be more activities in there too.

One of the most major feature in the update will be the Colosseum!

I hope you my friend and people will love it!

Cheers!!
    Antony

7. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Are you going to allow us to attack random player in the future ?

8. antony.thai

Do you really want that? I'm a little worrying since some random player are hell strong, battle them will probably cost some mens infact.

But well, we will considering that too.

Thanks & Cheers!

9. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Yes, because some of us doesn't have that much game center friends who plays this game. And I am sure you wont get 100% strong random players every time. Besides it might prove a challenge and adds longevity to the game.

10. antony.thai

Sure, we get your point and really appreciate this feedback of yours.

We will considering this carefully adding it in the update.

Love to hear more from you xiel!

Cheers,
    Antony

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Would it be possible (I don't know what control a developer has in regards to GameCenter match making), if someone chooses a random opponent through GameCenter, to attempt to match them up with another player who is close to them on leader boards? Well, close for a random player, of course.

12. antony.thai

To be honest, we love making it also, but this feature is yet enabled because during the testing, it's really unstable and slow, we need more time to work on it before let it go live maybe in 1-2 next updates.

Thank you for your feedback Greyskull, I appreciated that!

Antony

13. antony.thai

I need 3 times to successfully add you on GC mate! :D

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Just played this for a while. Buttons in the barracks became unresponsive so I exited and closed the app. Reopened and had lost all progress. Don't really feel like doing it over again, particularly with the wait times for upgrading and training...

15. Caulls

Caulls New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Great game so far, really enjoying it, however when on the options selecting Game Center, if I exit from GC in portrait mode, the game comes back on in portrait to, seemingly refusing to go back into landscape, making the game unplayable unless I close the App and restart it (Lost no progress).

Other than that no real issues!

Hit me up on GC to: Caulls

16. antony.thai

This issue is reported and it will be fixed in the next release with tons of GC achievements added. You must be using iPod or iPhone to see this issue, this is not happening in iPad.

Thank you a lot! I'm adding you too!

17. Eice

Eice Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I have a question ... I purchased "The Main" spot because I assumed I could use it in the campaigns, but I cannot get units from "The Main" to show up in battles ... only units from "The Van". Can someone explain why this is? I'm level 15 and doing all the campaigns. Does it not work during campaigns and if so why not?

My GameCenter name is: DocKevin ... would love to have some friends (especially developer if they do that sort of thing!)

18. antony.thai

This is really the first time this question is raised, here is how it works:

- Van units will show up first in the battle, main units will show up only when we're getting bad with the van (only few mans are remaining in the battle), the hero just need to fall back a little bit then the main will show.

- If you leave all blank slots in the van and fill all the main team, we will brings first the main to the battle with 12 units.

This is a little bit how the game works. Please lets me know if there's something more I could help or any suggestion to Pocket Army.

Thank you a lot! And Cheerss!

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I'm glad I read that about the main. I've been saving up to unlock it but if they don't apear until your in trouble then I'll save my money for some armour and a shield as my normal troops don't die often.

I thought that all your troops would fight at the same time =(

20. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    #80 Red1, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Worth a play...

My initial impressions are good: nice graphics, decent music and it's satisfying to build up your (pocket) army, weapons and skills to conquer the map. I've played for about 45 minutes without forced IAP or grinding being a problem so far. I'll need to play more to determine if earning enough coins and hearts in-game becomes an issue.

The battles are quick, which is good for some pick-up-and-play action when you've got 10 minutes. When your soldiers die in battle, they disappear from your army, which gives an added incentive to keep them alive.

At one point, the buttons became unresponsive in the barracks, but exiting and resuming the game resolved this for me. Probably need to explain the multiplayer (Friends) and army structure a bit better. And personally, I would rather have more control over the sections of my army, rather than the game deciding when to deploy. Lastly, the side-quests could have different text as the same scenario about the village being attacked keeps appearing.

But overall, a fun game... and, it's free, so definitely worth a play.