Universal Pocket Army - (by Pine Entertainment Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 18, 2012.

1. melez

melez Member

Jul 13, 2012
    France
    Yeah, I can understand. I hope that tomorrow the application will not be released in late afternoon

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I managed to get an early code for this and I've been playing it for a couple of days. I'm absolutely hooked on the game it's great.
    But one thing I just noticed (can't believe I've only just spotted it) all the players team is white while all the team are black? I know this is probably just something that has been overlook/not spotted during beta but I suppose it could be taken the wrong way by some folk.

3. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

It's not really like that, enemy army is like they're selling their soul to the darkness that's why they're transforming to a darkness form with red eyes. Only that!

But yes, to avoid the misunderstanding, we should see how to fix it.

This warning is really value to us, thanks oooooomonkey alot!

Antony

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Something simple like just randomly generating the player and enemy's skin colour out of a couple of different colours should solve it.

5. antony.thai

Sure yes, thank you dude!

CheerS!

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Here's my impressions from an early promo code:

the game is really great. It starts off easy and you don't have to worry about your coins. They even give you a lot of coins from quests and level ups and of course you get spoils from each level you beat. Once you get to around level 19 or 20, you notice how it's getting tough and you are gonna need a full van of swordmans to get past. Sure you have money, but the gems are getting lower on amount by each hurry you do. Of course you don't need to hurry, but I'd rather do that than wait 160 seconds to get 8 guys. They award gems generously too, but some items are just too expensive and some levels too tough. So some items are really expensive, especially skills and army expansions, but there are some items that are so cheap that you could get a crap ton of them with just 20 000 coins. Thankfully you earn a lot of coins and gems as I said so it's not that grindy, but you definitely need to grind once you get higher in the game.

Also pro tip: Always beat the middle island guy when you can. He seems overpowering as hell, but he's really slow. When he's lifting his sword, go behind him and stab him. When he turns, repeat the same steps. Soon you'll have him down. If you try to confront him, you lose. You get nice rewards.

Another pro tip: When in base, you often get a villager asking for help saying that demons are destroying their village or something. You get 2 gems for completing that and it's really easy, way easier than the main levels.

7. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I've been playing an early copy of this and I gotta say it's quite a lot of fun. Definitely don't be put off by the IAP's in the game, they seem to be completely optional. Plus the game is FREE so I recommend everyone at least give it a try.

8. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    My arm has been twisted :) Downloading now, thanks guys :)

9. antony.thai

Holy! Thanks everyone to convince him a download! Welcome pavarotti2007 to Pocket Army world!

I'm receiving lot of feedback to improve Pocket Army via my message box email. Totally love it!

10. zamahazu

zamahazu Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Wall St
    Congratulation antony.thai, i will get when it release in US store.

11. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I would say this is the best offering yet from frequent TA forum-goer Antony.Thai. I respect a developer that actually plays iOS games (other than their own). The graphics and level of polish are the best yet and the Battleloot-style gameplay is quite good. Congratulations Antony!

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #32 awp69, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Nm ... Got it

13. phongtt

phongtt Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Downloading now....

14. antony.thai

Thanks a lot, guy! Love to see you like Pocket Army.

But anyone try to ask for a friend help yet? This will save lot of money and time.

Antony

15. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    How long does it take to ask for another friend tip?

Also, when do you plan on releasing the update?

16. antony.thai

You have to add more friend to have more guys ready to help in a battle. But if a friend is died during the battle, it takes time for him to recovery his health. :p

Adding more friend in GC won't update our friendlist in game instantly, it will be updating for a few hours. However, if we want to instant update GC friends, just kill the app and relaunch, we will have everything updated.

Regarding the new version, we're working on it right now, but we just can't rush (unless there's a super major bug), just because there will be more fun in Pocket Army 2.0 (pet hunting event, more missions, items and a new Coliseum where we can do hell battle in there....). Our estimation is about early August for the update.

PS: Love the way you love Pocket Army Stream! ;)

17. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    I'm going to vote for this as GoTW.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh, crap, that reminds me...

19. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia

Yes, we are all waiting. :)

20. antony.thai

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks x 1000!!!

Cheeerss!