Plus+

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jknightx, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol :rolleyes:, that's what a weeks vacation does :p

Just seeing this Plus+ thing, looks pretty cool though, I like it. Hope more and more games add this.

2. jknightx

jknightx Member

Jun 22, 2009
    ok ill try 2.0 when does it come out

3. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Theres a good lad :)

4. sn0wned

sn0wned Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I guess this thread is best to give out our Plus+ I.D's.

Be sure to add me. My I.D is Edin

Which is cool because that's my name. No need for numbers! :)

5. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Plus+ is a great idea but one that will fall short if it is limited only to ngmoco's games.

The reason xbox live is so successful is because it is a seperate layer to anything else you do on the system.... so that at any time people can message you, see what you are playing etc etc.

I was at first excited when i read about Plus+ because the article made it sound like a new feature in 3.0. Dissapointingly it is only present in the games that support it... which are the new titles from ngmoco (and they have clearly said they aren't sure that they will update older titles with it)

So... while it is a good start... the only way a service like this can really fly is if apple themselves realise what an essential part of social gaming it is and take it on.

Plus+ is fantastically put together but ultimately (and rather sadly) i think it will only ever flourish if someone at apple is smart enough to see the potential and buy it off ngmoco and implement it as part of the iphone OS.

6. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    That's why the former CEO of SEGA of America joined ngmoco. To work on uniting developers to this one system, which I think will work out nicely.

I personally prefer Plus+ because it is intuitive and easy to navigate. The interface is silky smooth and everything about it appeals to me. Just give it time people, you'll see how this puppy is going to grow.

7. sn0wned

Jun 12, 2009
    Even if ngmoco is adding games to the Plus+ network, their games are high quality and it wouldn't fail. You'd see thousands of people on this because the consumers are buying their great games.

8. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    What exactly can you do in Plus+ and how is it like Xbox Live??? Isn't that an overstatement of its capabilities? Xbox live you can have friends, send voice messages, invite friends to games, etc etc etc. The list could go on for pages.

9. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    You basically listed plus+ features :p

10. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    haha well then Im impressed by it!

11. sn0wned

Jun 12, 2009
    Well, you can't leave them voice messages, or write messages, but you can add friends, compare achievements and challenge them in a game of Star Defense or Topple 2 (so far).

You can create a "motto", upload a custom picture of yourself, and all that fancy stuff.

12. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Without the voice chat of course. That would be SOOO cool but don't see that happening any time soon unless Apple makes their own official Plus+ network thing-a-mah-jiggy.

Yeah OpenFeint 2.0 does look very impressive. Push notifications on that thing will totally kill Plus+ as that's the only thing cool (IMO) about Plus+ right now. The adding friends and looking at their achievements is only a small percentage of wow to the picture.

13. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Actually the iPhone SDK has a voice chat API, so voice chat is more than possible!

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm very impressed by the Plus+ service. Feel free to add me. Stro :D

15. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I relly hope so!
    You can tell they put alot of time and thought into this and it would be so awesome to have it as a recognised service.

16. coolman

coolman Well-Known Member

Topple 2 has no Plus+ features :mad: it only has Star Defense.

As for other systems there is also Scoreloop, very similar to Plus, but doesn't need 3.0 firmware. My incoming game GeoRain will have Scoreloop system inside it.

Plus+, OpenFeint and Scoreloop are a very good idea for enabling people to compete/coopeate with each other.

17. It would be cool if Plus+ became something that every game with online features had. It would be even cooler if Plus+ had it's own app that allowed you to manage friends, check mail, and stuff like that.

18. matax

matax Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    it would be cool when you looks at a friend's profile it is also show the total plus+-score

19. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Add me if you guys want. Booch138 is my Plus+ Id. Just let me know who you are if you are interested lol. I am teh friendly.

Anyways, I am an avid supporter of Plus+ since it's release. I really hope some kind of system will happen to where everyone can use it. I could really use the Achievements so I don't feel AS depressed for blowing so much money on games ;)

20. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

There is simply 1 reason why Plus+ has a better chance of success than others like OpenFeint: ngmoco is behind it, not a pretty small, relatively unknown dev. Ngmoco are a big brand in the iPhone community, they've presented at Apple keynotes, they've sold some of the best and most downloaded games available - their games are massively popular. They've shown they are willing to invest big money in the project (hiring the former head of Sega of America to run it, big marketing push - the press release was all over the net, even big gaming sites like IGN). They will invest in the hardware and software to maintain the system and they will push it out into their own (likely to be massively popular) upcoming titles like Rolando 2, KillTest and Touch Pets and possibly older titles too. This means the system will likely be succesful based solely on ngmoco titles, let alone other devs.

Developers follow users to services and devices (i.e. the iPhone platform, DS, Wii, 360, PS2) and thus I can see this becoming very popular (both with users and developers) when ngmoco releases its next wave of new games and updates, fully integrated with the service.

What if ngmoco can manage to get EA or Gameloft to integrate the service into their games - can't imagine that happening with OpenFeint, but more likely with Plus+.