Universal PlunderNauts by Backflip - Epic Space Pirate Ship Battles! (Now Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tomb_bfs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #901 Bizzutts, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    PvP DROPS things now! Holy crap yes!

When I claim my number #1 spot on the leaderboard for november it will be quite lucrative, hrmm hrmm.

Edit: I'm pretty bummed that you cant use two tactical tech mods at the same time. I wanted to use a DPS and cooldown mod at the same time. But I'm pretty excited to see a single torpedo dish out 150k damage. When I get my tunguska you will all fear me.

Edit Edit: I guess you can use them both at the same time, but you have to trigger the cooldown mod first and then the DPS mod.

2. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I'm not doing anything special, just doing it the hard way. Three of the same thing to get a green. Three greens to get to blue. Three blues to get to purple. Then, maybe if I'm lucky three purple give me a legendary. Maybe half the time three purples just gives me one purple back though which is annoying as all hell. The lower colors are pretty reliable in moving up though.

I did go through a random spate of forging fighters and bombers from scratch that were all blue or purple to start off with fresh out of the forge. Maybe 10 or more in a row, I'm not complaining, but it went away and now literally everything I forge from scratch comes out basic. I just keep three forge tabs plugging along all the time now.

Takes WAY too long to get to legendary, I'd give anything to get some higher level turret drops in the game. Maybe when you play pvp and win there is a chance of winning a copy of an opponents turret or fighter/bomber? I don't want them to lose it, just get a copy of it. Be a cool way to encourage pvp play!

3. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I'd like to see some bounties for PvP, and maybe some rewards for doing well in the leaderboards (unique ships??)

i'm 20 AM from my tunguska its driving me crazy

4. High Popalorum

High Popalorum Active Member

Apr 9, 2011
    #904 High Popalorum, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

This. I save all green or better items and combine the same colors, hoping for an upgrade. I also buy a lot of modules from the shop to go in the forge: most of my money is spent on green items. When I'm low on gold (I like to keep 1.5M on hand in case I see a nice pink item for sale) the forge just forges materials. I use the gold farming crew guy to increase gold yield.

Anecdotally, I think the forge odds improved with the patch. I've gotten half a dozen legendaries from the forge, two from scratch. 15 hour forge time = legendary turret.

5. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Threw my shiny new tunguska in the forge to hopefully up its rarity. 2 days, 6 hours.

That ship is freakin awesome though. I use a shield, tactical torpedo cooldown and dps mods, and a hardwired torpedo range mod. I use two torpedos and a beam with an improved crit chance. Launch all the torpedos from far away, if they have trouble finding their target I zoom in and crit stun them with the beam.

6. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    Tunguska is pretty slick. I don't pay much attention to PVP, but it is the best farming ship I've found. I use lasers for PVE.

7. kmk07

kmk07 Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Nobody's talking about the new ships that were released with the patch. So I'm guessing either they're no good or you guys are just not interested in trying them out. :p

I'm quite interested in hearing someone who's tried out either the Blue Bullet or the Spitfire. Might try and get either one, although I was originally going to buy a Shadow Force.

8. =tremiti=

=tremiti= Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Does anyone hve the moon shaped ship? I so how did you get that?

9. =tremiti=

=tremiti= Member

Aug 2, 2014
    These ships?

Attached Files:

10. kmk07

kmk07 Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Yeah, and those ships aren't even in the store. What's up with that?

11. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I'm not sure but I am going to guess people got them from either a) being devs or beta testers (seems unlikely given the numbers) b) from combining 3 ships in the forge (seems more likely)

Reason I say that is I have a ship that's technically not a buyable option called a Crimson Chaos which is a variant of the Spear of Polaris style ship.

But in other news, they seem to have played with the pvp scan algorithm. I only get level 25 and 24 ships now. Good they are balancing it, annoying since now I sometimes get no results again.

And if I combine 3 greens in the forge to get another god damn green I'm going to rage.

12. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    They just updated so I tried it again after taking a break for a while from bordem and frustration with the forge. Figured I'd see what changed.

What changed is there is a game breaking bug right off the bat. It is forcing you through the tutorial for pvp again and when you get to the part where you are to train a new crew member by dragging them to the forge I can't do that as my forge is full. The stuff is done and ready to be claimed, but I can't claim it to free up one of my forge tabs. This happens every time you start the game now so I'm stuck and cannot play at all now as it keeps trying to for a tutorial that I cannot get through! There is no way around it that I've found yet anyway, so make sure you have a free forge tab before you update!!!

13. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Yup this happened to me as well, you can actually update and be fine, just don't accept that you want to enable PvP until you empty your forge.
    I've sent an email to customer support and hopefully they will be aware of this and issue a quick fix.

14. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    Can someone summarize the changes to materials and crafting, please? Apparently, crafting some mats now costs 450k and the mats I have already crafted are worth many millions.

(Is it a bug or a feature that I have a bounty requiring me to craft 1.9M worth of junk?)

15. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    I would hope its a bug because it would change the economy.

16. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    #916 High Popalorum, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    For example, the current bounty requires me to forge two thermalite sheeting, with a forge cost of 900,000 each. The finished sheeting sellst for 225,000 each. It appears bounties are now a way to convert cash into experience: 1,800,000 yields ~500,000 experience points plus 450,000 credits of finished product.

Also, does anyone know the new max level?

Anecdotally, I'm having awful luck with the forge: 14 common items in a row, a statistically-improbable result.

17. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    30 is new max level. By the looks of it should take awhile.

18. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    This last update just confirms I'm done with the game now. I'll wait to see if the next big expansion ever hits, but as of now with the small rewards per planet and nothing to be gained with pvp I see no reason to play.

I'm sitting on 4800 antimatter and don't even care to spend it. Loved this game for a while, now it's just a grind for everything. The forge is by far more annoying than fun. Losing three purple to get back just another purple is stupid and a waste of my time. I'll make sure my game has a current backup then uninstall for now.

19. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    This is kind of where I am. I will probably play until 30, just to see what the forge coughs up at max level. I still feel a little robbed, given that I've fed it most of my mats at 25. On the upside, I have a legendary tech mod cooking now that might come in handy for the lady five levels.

20. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    I know the feeling with the new upgrade all my legedary ships and weapons become useless since upgrading one them them requires 3 legendaries. Considering what it took me to make one why would I burn 3, unless they introduce leveling of legenderies like ships. Upgrading legendary does not down grade rarity