Universal PlunderNauts by Backflip - Epic Space Pirate Ship Battles! (Now Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tomb_bfs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I was up to 80 or so command points and lost one battle finally, my first loss. I lost 59 of my command points! What the heck?! I have since quit playing pvp as I gain absolutely nothing by playing there vs reattaching planets. At least there I get anti matter and the occasionall drop of a weapon, tech mod, fighter or whatever. I get none of that in pvp so I can't see why I'd play there?

I'm just ignoring the pvp for now until another patch and maybe I'll try again but for now I'm back to playing as I did before this patch and grinding my way towards level 25.

2. =tremiti=

=tremiti= Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I've spent like 40 ####ing dollars on this game, my ships are now worthless and I bought the wrong ship last night so now I'm pissed.

3. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Yikes, 40 bucks?! I've spent .99 cents on the early on one time deal you get when you are starting off and that's it. Not spent a cent other than that. Beat the game easily, and have three ships left now and enough antimatter to get another gold ship if I want to. I'm waiting on the next update first though.

4. knotty

knotty Member

Aug 11, 2014
    I think the point is that since the values were reduced by roughly 60-70% across the board, there was little point to implementing a change in the first place.

Those of us who have been playing for several months have become accustomed to various numbers to rank the value of our items... now they have been effectively nerfed and appear far less valuable.

If there is no relative difference in the results other than making single player more challenging, there was no reason to make the changes. Just a stupid idea, really.

A much easier solution would just be to give single player enemies more hp.

I was on the edge with this game, but a sloppy update like this is a very tangible nail in the coffin. With as long as this update took, sticking around for new systems does not look very promising.

5. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I dont think the nerf was across the board, I think it was aimed at the higher levels. And this was to fix the disparity between item levels amongst the highest levels- before PvP, a level 23 white item would deal more damage than any level 22 legendary. Now, the levels are more even. Level 25 will still be stronger than 24, but your level 23 items will still stand their ground against max level things.

I noticed these things as I was climbing the leaderboards. My lvl 23 carnage weaver didnt have 100k more health than my lvl 22 foe. The lvl 24 and 25 turrets I forged only had marginally more DPS than the lvl 23s (instead of thousands more).

And here's my final "you should stfu complainers" point- every item I had on my ship was a legendary level 23 item before the update. Unless you can say the same, I lost more DPS and HP and shield strength than you, but I'm still pretty damn happy with the update.

Also? No money spent on the game. I'm dirt ass poor.

6. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #886 Mookmonster, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    Buzz nailed it. Without this nerf, it would be inpossible for a level 23 to best a level 24 or 25. Now its difficult, but deffinately possible. There is some log/linear code, and previously level 23 turrets were orders of magnitude better than a level 22.

Now people have a much fairer chance, though if your ship is decked out with mad legendary weapons and fully upgraded to level 25, u will still wreck house anyway.

I got 3 gold ships, too many turrets to count, a tatsungo or whatever its called, and 2 forges (getting third tonight), not a single dollar spent. Just patience, too many opportunitiesfor me to grt lots of antimatter. Im tossin in some money finally just so devs dont feel completely hated by all of humanity.

I must admit, the pt distribution in the pvp stuff is kinda messed up, ive lost over 50 pts on 2 losses...feels yucky. But thats only if u lose to an opp worth 1 pt. if they are worth 3, u lose about 7 pts, if they are worth 10, u lose no points if u get yer ass beat. So i can see the logic, but the 1 pointers range from real ass to almost as good as u r, so its hard to tell which ones r actualy easier enemies.

Question: if i put a legendary weapon and 2 white weapons into the forge, what happens? Thank you!

7. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    You'll lose your Legendary.

8. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Yeah. It was obvious they either did not plan for pvp when they did their algorithm for levelling back in the day or they didn't expect for the levels to go this high. But the exponential function they had was way out of whack.

The update rebalanced that.

Single player got harder for post level 20 in that it went from pathetic and no challenge to now it actually might take you moving or firing multiple rounds to win.

But yeah the pvp point system is completely broke. It seems to be based off rank so 1 point means they either are the same level as you, 10 less or 200 less. And if they are 200 less, you lose a ridiculous amount of points. Which is stupid. It would make sense if you could tell what rank they were or if everyone was participating in the system actively.

9. High Popalorum

High Popalorum Active Member

Apr 9, 2011
    The forge provided me with this lovely loot-vacuum[​IMG].

10. tofu

tofu New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Is anyone having trouble with hardwire tech mods and turrets not providing life steal? I have a beam turret and a shield that both have it but when equipped I don't get my health back...

11. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    Anyone know if "aspect black" common material does anything now?

12. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    We should boycott soending on this game until they let us turn off the sound. Love playing it, hate hearing it.

I got one of those tactical tech mods that reduces torpedo cooldown by almost 100%, so now I can fire off 10 or so volleys of 3 in the time it lasts.

NOTHING survives 30 torpedos.

13. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    I used to like torpedoes, but since I started using the double gold crew member, I think alpha strike is better: things need to die at predictable times. Lasers still seem the most precise weapons, best suited for getting that extra gold.

14. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Anyone else stopped getting daily bounties? Something happened and I got three or four in a doy done and I was able to get to level 25 pretty quick but since then it's been three days with no bounties. Not sure what's up there.

Still fun enough but waiting 13-15 hours for everything in the forge is getting old. Takes way too long to get good items built up now it seems. I have three tabs but only getting three things a day done is slow going. Takes a week or mor to maybe work up to legendary on things now and that's still only if you're lucky.

15. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    The only reward is xp, and you can't gain any xp, so...

Thats how things were before man. You really gotta earn your stuff.

16. wilyone

wilyone Active Member

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not quite level 25, I haven't seen any daily bounties in a few days either.

17. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    My bounties stopped when I was about 75% of the way to getting level 25. Was going along good then had to grind the rest out over a couple of days.

Weapon power and such is much improved at 25, but it will take me a few weeks to get any decent legendary built. I will have four legendary bombers and a legendary fighter on my ship as of tomorrow I believe. Waiting to see what the forge turns up.

18. High Popalorum

Apr 9, 2011
    Drones seem to have gotten a big bump, 23-25. I've got two legendary squads at 3600 damage from the forge.

19. Krishek

Krishek New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I'll start by pretty much agreeing across the board with everything Bizzuts and Mookmonster have said. Your points are pretty much dead on. There really isn't much left to complain about with all the recent hot fixes. I'd also say that at this point, as far as PvP goes, strategy trumps gear 90% of the time. I know this because I have the worst luck ever in the forge.

High Pop and Trazer, you seem to be having pretty good success with your forging. Is it just luck or do you have some technique I'm maybe unaware of? (That is if you're willing to part with it)

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Well with an update like that you lose some you gain some. I'm one of those who played daily before the update but lost interest after. Not complaining, just stating a matter of fact. You guys have fun!