Universal PlunderNauts by Backflip - Epic Space Pirate Ship Battles! (Now Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tomb_bfs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Maybe the formula is 3% of your gold..to the cap. Which if you have enough gold you'd hit the cap all the time.

But yeah, What do you set your crew options to? I've been going defensive which..helped me win one but lose everything else. Switched to Balanced to try that out.

2. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I set them to aggressive, I want it firing all the time. Its too bad the AI doesnt understand how to spin in place and fire though, which would make me a lot harder to beat.

Slowly clawing my way up to the #3 spot for the command board. Anti-matter would help quite a bit. Finding matches got muuuuch better, otherwise I definitely wouldnt have made it up here.

3. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    So um.... Dont lose any pvp matches. I was #3. Lost a match, lost 144 command. Fml.

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    so I just upgraded my ship and the health went down? On all my ships? I had shields that had over 15k health and now they are under 10k? Anyone know what happened?

5. Von Strubel

Von Strubel Member

May 17, 2013
    Berlin, Germany
    Was slowly crawling my way up the leaderboard, took a risk, lost in a very tight fight and because of that lost 57 of my 80 or so command points! WTF... :eek:

6. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    The points system is very broken. I love earning 1 point per win with that kind of risk over my head.

Obviously don't lose! Is not a valid system...

I'm other news last night was fantastic for my fleet. Woke up to a page of victories and no losses.

7. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    It's pretty easy not to lose, I think alcohol and impatience were my downfall.

So far the most dangerous things I've run into were ships with 3+ hangars and bombers in all of them (theyre a pain in the ass to kill, and bombers can dish out quite a lot of damage in one burst) and fast ships with multiple legendary torpedos.

If October's not my month to be on top of the leaderboards November will be.

8. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Yeah. With the tunguska, I have 2 beam turrets (1 legendary) and a legendary missile. I can outrun all bombers but if the ship I'm attacking is being annoying, I'll take out the bombers first.

Neermar has been the only one with too many torpedoes to deal with. Everyone else is pretty tame since 90% of torpedoes couldn't hit the broad side of a bus in an hour.

So it's mainly been Ion Wolves with longer range beams than mine which give me the most grief.

9. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Yeah I can't really outrun the torpedos or bombers in a carnage weaver, I usually just tank the hits and cycle through my shields, and put out more damage than they can handle. With 90k hp from the ship and 30k from each shield, thats 150k hp. Other people just can't dal that much damage to me before I deal too much damage to them.

Now that I've hit level 25 though, I think its time to take a break from PvP, I need more antimatter.

As a side note, it costs 2.3 mil to upgrade a ship once youre 25. Oof. I've also got a turret forging for 15 hours, I'm hoping it'll be my first level 25 legendary.

10. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Yeah, the lack of Antimatter from pvp hurts. Hope they add some Bounties that give antimatter from pvp. Or some way of earning it.

I do find pvp matches much more enjoyable than the normal daily grind. Now with the dps nerf it takes 2 rounds of firing to kill standard ships. So tedious!

I'm about 80% of the way to 25.

I hope for your legendary but the timers have all increased as we level.

How long is the ship upgrade taking? Let me know how much of a hp boost you get. See if it's worth it. I currently have been spending all my cash. Down to 350k. I see purps in the store and buy them since it's cheaper than trying to forge them.

What pvp rank did you fall to after that loss?

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    It's become a lot less fun after the pvp patch, because I lose most of the time. Wished they would've made new galaxies instead of this pvp thing

12. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I didn't upgrade the ship, I just saw what it cost. 15 hours is how long a legendary takes at lvl 25 (yay)

I switched to using 4 torpedo turrets, a missile turret and beam for PvP matches. Its pretty fun I just spin in place and fire the torpedos, then run away. Then fire more.

I dropped to like 400th place. I just had to be more picky about who I fought. I dont fight any ship with more than two hangars when I have my torpedos on. Tunguskas and ubatubas and battleship omegas are all easy prey, and any of the slow battleships.

If you keep losing PvP matches you should change your strategy... Shields and long range weapons are your friends

13. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I am SO annoyed by this upgrade. Ive been working on my ships and upgrading them for months. Just upgraded my Ubatuba to level 21 and had it all worked out and my health plummeted to 44k instead of the over 70k I was expecting from the upgrade. My shields are in half (one was 18k and it worked just fine) and all my equipment that I upgrade is basically useless for rebottles now.
    THIS is a very good argument against IAP. Fortunately I didn't spend more than 2.00 on the beginners kit but a lot of players spend a lot of money on IAP. I get satisfaction from slow and steady building but I could have easily spent more to speed things up. To spend money and be loyal to a game over a long period of time, just to have the devs ruin your progress by this type of move is frustrating and does not engender goodwill among players.
    This game used to be very challenging but now its going on the back burner (I will log in each day and collect antimatter) until the devs hopefully fix it. Im sure Backflip is not on this forum but other devs who may read this, take into consideration when plotting out your monetization schemes.

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm frustrated in similar ways. This update is pretty drastic and killed my enjoyment of the game. I have spent $5 on antimatter just to support the game but I'm definitely not going to do it in the future.

15. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #875 Mookmonster, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    I really dont get the hate. Nobodies progress was ruined, the hp amd dmg changes were univeral (ie, to everyone),and are to make the multiplayer experience more fair.

The only things that one could legotimately complain about are the lower spawn rates for reattacks, but it was to encourage multiplayer and they have already increased spawn rate once and may do so again.

Regarding gold losses from multiplayer, even a casual harvesting of your planet resiurces ensures this doesnt have a big impact.

Im still having a blast, and the multiplayer will be tweaked over time to improve the experience.

Could anyone in more detail explain their issues?

16. Mookmonster

Apr 11, 2010
    #876 Mookmonster, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Dbl post

17. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    My (and Im sure others) issues is that we spent months upgrading our ships and our equipment. Some people spent real money to help themselves along. Im sure they don't appreciate their real money that they spent on tangible items going away. Some people, including myself, didn't spend money but did a LOT of grinding to upgrade our stuff.
    The upgrade wiped out that progress and set us back to where we were several levels ago. I don't want to do that all over again. Yes, its just a game. Not that big a deal. There are plenty of other games to play where this doesn't happen, so I guess I will play those instead.
    Those are my issues.

18. tofu

tofu New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Some of the items are pretty glitchy too. I got an epic shield that has 2.08 dmg converted to health as a secondary effect. It did not convert health. >=[

19. Mookmonster

Apr 11, 2010
    I still dont understand this idea of lost progress. U lost nothing, u still have all the weapons and loot u had before, they do "less" dmg, but only in a relative way such that the less dmg doesnt mean anything as ship hps were also reduced. You still have weapons and rarities at x levels, just as u did before. The computer is slightly more difficult, but was so laughingly easy that it was just a grind.

Ive never spent a $$$ on this game and got 3 gold ships, 2 forges, and tons of weapons, and if anything now i want to toss devs some monry bc the complaining is really empty and lacking in logical rational thoughts with details supporting conclusions.

20. Nikademus

Nikademus Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I think it would make people a lot happier if they can upgrade turrets, tech mods and fighters, the same way you can upgrade spaceships - ie having forged hundreds of turrets to get a legendary one, you can take that legendary turret (which is now pretty useless) and combine with a couple of ingredients to upgrade to level 25.

Some of the losses seem pretty excessive too - I've lost over 50 command points twice, loosing two battles, which put me off quite a lot. I am struggling with the PvP a bit as I have to upgrade all my weapons, and probably adopt a better strategy, so gaining 1 command point for a victory but then loosing 51 I think one was, on a defeat, is pretty infuriating.