Universal PlunderNauts by Backflip - Epic Space Pirate Ship Battles! (Now Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tomb_bfs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #841 Bizzutts, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    Awwww yeah, time to dust this app off and start playing again!

Wait wtf my turrets only do a third of the damage they used to? And the leaderboards are buggy as hell? And theres no cap to how much gold folks can steal from you, unless you shell out 225 anti-matter? And my last 5 matches have been against some dude named Gunsmoke? And I can't find any matches against people that give me more than 1 command point. AND my double gold crew member doesn't do anything at all? AND the leaderboards are meaningless because people can simply buy more attacks with money?

Ugh. Straight up ugh. I really hope these issues get sorted out. There should be a cap on how much gold you can lose pver a given time A separate attack counter solely for PvP that you CAN'T refill with anti-matter. A better matchmaking system. More command points for facing multiple ships at once.

On the bright side, it's nice picking up a bunch of money because people lose to your ship all the time. I wish we could see replays.

2. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Also our ships have a third of the hp they used to. Which is good in a way, the numbers were getting a bit ridiculous.

So it seems like the pvp system is in alpha and only available to people over level 20.

Also uses energy. Sadness.

Is there only the one new type of ship? One of my pvp battles was against a guy in a ship that isn't available. I have a feeling the pvp system is seeded with ai if no matches are found. The blue bullet seems nice.

Seems they also fixed being able to bypass loading if you left your game in a store window and tabbed to it. That's the worst. The game has entirely too many loading bars on top of putting you in that stupid launch screen.

Anyone tried upgrading a crew yet? Was going to when my timers came up. How long does it take?

3. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Upgrading a crewmember takes two hours, at least to bring them up to the first level. Im at 24 right now, not sure if level matters in this case. The only thing it seems to do is give tactics options while you are being attacked. Ill be upgrading again later.

I have a feeling there are plenty of AIs as possible matches out there, I've seen a lot of ships that we can't get. The matchmaking is flippin insane though, I spend about 200k and half an hour searching. Only found one match with more than 1 command available. And when I go to start it? "This player can no longer be attacked!"

I hate it I hate it I hate it.

But I'm #11 on the command leaderboard As of right now. Aw yeah.

4. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    #844 Zerai, Oct 8, 2014
    Interesting. I just put a crew member in and it's giving me 5 hours 50 mins. I'm upgrading Jack Haul, the gold boosting one, since i didn't want to use my currently used one in case it took a day. Who did you upgrade?

I'm also 24.

My match making has been ok so far. I've only done like 4 now though.

Edit: My biggest matchmaking problem is it being empty a lot.

Also I noticed that the useless bounties, "Forge 4 Singularity Optics", gives a shit ton of xp (336,996) instead of gold. Interesting.

5. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #845 Bizzutts, Oct 8, 2014
    I upgraded Veronica. Weird thing happened when I tried to upgrade her again- her and the materials both go into the tab but no price comes up. She's only an ensign, so I'm trying to figure out how to promote her further.

I got 2 danatium sheeting for 400k exp... Not bad. It raised the bar from the gap between 2 and 4, to a little bit into L. Level 25 takes a looot of exp.

Edit: barely hanging on to the #10 spot for command right now. Finding matches is taking foreverrr, I gained an energy back in the time it took me to find 4 matches. I was frustrated before at how quickly the gameplay was over, now I'm frustrated at having to stare at a radar screen for 7 minutes just to find a battle.

6. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    #846 Zerai, Oct 8, 2014
    Interesting.

I'm now upgrading Tillia Torque as well and it's also taking 5 hours and 50 mins. Might just be Veronica since she was free.

And yeah. There is a lot of xp needed. Wonder when the next area will open up.

Also my queue is empty too. I can get a match every energy refill but only 1. Then i get nothing.

I've also only been attacked once.

Edit: Oh and I've noticed the galaxy you queue from defines what the arena will be. Serpent is a ring of asteroids. Bat has the greenish walls. Scimitar had some red clouds. Forget what Polaris had, think it was ice things.

7. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #847 Bizzutts, Oct 8, 2014
    It was 5 in the morning and I was really high, i could have just been confused about the time. I sped it up with anti-matter anyways. Upgrading my gold boost guy now, he took 5:50.

Waiting for a match is like sitting in traffic. Worse, actually, because my car has music. Hey Backflip, before you tackle the big things like PvP, how bout you fix the little things like LETTING US TURN OFF THE SOUND.

The galaxy you challenge from definitely changes what field your opponents are in. I could be superstitious, but it feels like switching areas when you can't find any matches helps.

I've been hit 4 times, 3 wins and a loss. Those were all in the span of about 2 hours, that was 7 hours ago. Havent been hit again since the loss. I think losing once puts you out of commission for a while, which could explain the eternity it takes to find opponents.

8. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Any idea if gold lost is capped? Is it percentage based. Running at 8 million really don't want to lose it.

Any idea on new starship level limit? Did notice the HP drop in ships looks almost as 1/3 of original might make lower levels brutal.

9. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    #849 Zerai, Oct 8, 2014
    Yeah, the one time I got hit I lost. So it definitely seems that way.

Finding more matches now..still not anywhere near a lot though.

I would laugh if the system detected people to attack from particular systems. My feeling though is just that it's not very many people and a really weird matchmaking system to boot. Like I search and 2 things come up, fight one, search again, never see the other. It just seems odd.

Edit:

Gold loss seems to be capped around 30kish. I've never seen more than 32k. Might be level based. And there is a cool down for losing so in theory you shouldn't be drained.

I think the hp reduction is probably just a tuning of the exponential function so lower levels are probably unlikely to be affected that much

And man that sucks. Finally found someone on my scanner. Can no longer be attacked. Pay to scan again. Thanks game.

Given how alpha this system is it should be opt in.

10. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #850 Bizzutts, Oct 8, 2014
    I'm not sure about the gold lost. I put 100% on my carnage weaver and lost a bit under 30k, with around 1m carried. I can take around 30k from one ship, 40-50k from two. I saw one opponent with 0 gold to be taken though, found that odd.

It seems like its a flat cap of how much good can be stolen, but experience can vary like crazy.

I'm going to assume that once you've lost a battle, you're done getting attacked for a while, or at least that craft is. When I wasted Gunsmoke's fleet, they were all different ships. So the cloaking? Huge waste of anti-matter. Put all your loot on one ship, take your 30k hit, and walk away. The only reason to have an actual fleet is for the fleet leaderboard.

I'm not sure about the HP nerf. I have a level 16 broadsword with 13.4k hp, and a level 20 T-47 with 33.3k. I havent used them in so long that I can't remember what they had back then. My carnage weavers health is 90k now, instead of like 280k though. Ouch.

You opted in by being level 20+ when it came out ;)

So... The PvP AI is horrible. Accidentally went into battle in my t-47 with only one turret, two fighters and nothing else. Somehow, I won? Anyways. #6 on the leaderboards now ��

11. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Yeah. I shifted all my cash to my primary ship and my antimatter farming ship has 0%.

I've fought a couple people with 0 gold.

And yeah, I feel sorry for some people. Clearly their ships work for them but fighting them they do absolutely nothing to you. I've only fought 1 ship which I couldn't beat. 2 Shields and they out ranged me. Didn't matter that it was AI, I couldn't touch them without taking 2x as much damage. Was an Ion Wolf too, so the 360 fire arc hurt~ They would lose to a carrier though. I've been using my Tunguska.

12. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #852 Bizzutts, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Yep, I've only lost to some guy named neermar. He had a badass tunguska with 3 scary legendary torpedos. A single volley from them would be enough to take out my ship, and anything with less than 100k. Double shields helped a lot, but not enough.

He's up there on the fleet leaderboard. I wasn't the only one who had trouble lol

I've been testing different crew tactics in the proving grounds. Where's the tactic where my crew turns their shields on as soon as the battle starts, and raises the second as soon as the first drops? Theres no "use my shields like you're supposed to" option...

Definitely the name of the game here is DPS. Ships with only one or two turrets can't even break through my shield. Meanwhile, my 6 turrets freakin unload on them.

Edit: challenge people in the bat galaxy! The enemy AI's first volley always goes directly into the walls on the battlefield.

13. trazer

trazer Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    All this time and not even one new world area opened up. Come on.

Nerfed my ships and weapons that I worked hard to get up there? No way.

Overall, this update blows so far, I am not impressed. I did buy the new gold ship, not bad but it's hard to compare to my old ship seeing as all my weapons and ships got nerfed! Grrrr. I am not pleased so far. PVP is not fun to me anyway so all this waiting was a waste. And give me some freaking XP to ramp up faster, I've been level 23 for weeks now and am only half way to getting to 24!

14. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #854 Bizzutts, Oct 9, 2014
    Just be patient, plundernauts is a game that doesn't want you to play often.

The nerf shouldn't be so gamebreaking. Before, a legendary level 22 turret wold do less damage than a white level 23, and a level 22 ship had half as much hp as a level 23. Theoretically, the nerf balanced this.

Comparing shouldnt be so hard- your turrets arent going to do any more or less damage on either ship.

But yes overall this update needed more time to stew and be finished. AND FIX THE SOUND. LET US TURN OFF THE DAMN SOUND. COME ON.

Edit: the guy who was #4 just jumped like 30 points. Whats the deal? Anti-matter, or time lapsing? Either way it smells fishy.

15. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Is there a best way/technique to turn your ship? Like has anybody posted a guide on the basics to moving in this game because i started recently and it feels weird sometimes and doesnt do what i want it to

16. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I usually drag from the side of my ship, and drag to where that would be after i made my turn. So if you were facing forward, and wanted to turn 90 degrees to the right, you would drag from the right side of your ship to behind your ship (where the right would be after your turn)

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I use a carnage weaver, and that thing spins like a ballerina.

Also, its a two-handed game. One hand should be steering, and the other firing. I got much better once i figured that out.

17. Zerai

Zerai Member

Aug 17, 2014
    You weren't kidding about neermar. I could outrun him in my Tunguska but he would just shoot again as soon as I got close. I got him to 75% before I just got frustrated. Him vs a kecksburg with the wonderful ai logic would be hilarious.

18. cookietroll

cookietroll Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    I've just bought gilded jackal and it came white. Are the gold ships supposed to be legendary? Otherwise I'll need to do some overhauling.

19. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    The come white, you have to upgrade them and make them legendary.

20. Bizzutts

Bizzutts Active Member

Jul 14, 2014
    #860 Bizzutts, Oct 9, 2014
    My carnage weaver AND an ubatuba lost last night.... To a freakin T-47!

How? Why? Wtf?

Where's the "eject crew from airlock" option...

Also, assigning gold to your ships doesnt work, 3% of my gold on my T-47 and it still lost just as much as the weaver, that was carrying 97%...