Universal PlunderNauts by Backflip - Epic Space Pirate Ship Battles! (Now Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tomb_bfs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Macfionn

Macfionn New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    #61 Macfionn, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    My bad. Please delete

2. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    How do you find battery usage by app? I don't see that option in my usage screen in settings.

3. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    I like the borderlands inspired graphics alot

4. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    How do you upgrade a ship itself bc I saw something mentioning a ship's "max" level. does that mean just upgrading different components on the ship? or can you actually level up the entire ship itself? i havent noticed any stat mentioning my ship's level - this would be nice bc it's pretty expensive buying a new ship each time i wanna upgrade. thanks!

5. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    The game has really nice graphics, upgrade systems is well done. Systems are quite customizable, also look what ship you are buying destroyers, carriers, and cruisers. Crew for your ship to me seem to make a small difference, maybe they are going to be adjusted.
    Timer for regen attacks is lenghty, but you can earn IAP currency. I would like to see some one time purchases maybe dark matter trippler, faster forge timer or even sped-up ship regeneration.

One thing I really dislike is the inability to rotate the map once in battle, zoom in our out. I have lost battles because the chase camera would not give me line of sight to enemy ship, or the enemy ship was under an icon and could not tap ship.

Overall really liking it.

6. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Try swiping with two fingers. #

7. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    You can upgrade your Starship via the Forge! To upgrade your Starship, do the following:

1. Go to the Shipyard.

2. Tap the Starships tab to open the Starship Inventory.

3. Tap the Forge tab on the left side of the screen to open the Forge menu.

4. Tap and drag the Starship you wish to upgrade into one of the empty Forge boxes.

Note: You will need to have at least two Starships available in order to upgrade a Starship.

5. Tap the Materials tab.

6. Tap and drag the “Starship Plans” and “Big Spare Parts” Materials into the

remaining two slots on the Forge window.

• If you do not have “Starship Plans” or “Big Spare Parts,” you may purchase them using Gold from the Item Store. You can also use Gold to purchase any missing materials via the Recipe guide on the Info section of the Starship Loot Card.

7. Start the Forge.

8. Once the Forge has completed, you can select and use your upgraded Starship from the Starships Tab.
    i got a legendary ship on my first upgrade <3 sticking with it cause they has so many boosts :)

8. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    thanks a lot kero!! also are legendaries and epics really rare? i got a legendary orange cannon off of a boss - is that pretty normal off of a boss or did i get lucky ?

9. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Not 100% certain but yes. I have done uncommon, rare, epic and they downgraded. Never been brave enough to test legendary. Maybe its a rare percentage change that improves with ingriendents.

10. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Oy!
    Thanks for that.

11. BigJP

BigJP Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    #71 BigJP, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    The timers for this game are INSANE. Look at the attachment I've included. 10 DAYS to upgrade a ship by two levels. 10 days is frankly, insane! Oh, and to speed it up, it's only a one off charge of over 2,000 antimatter! Am I missing something here or is this fairly common in freemium games? I'm pretty open minded to this sort of business model generally, having played through RR3 quite heavily, but that game doesn't even remotely come close to the timer lengths in this game. Seriously Backflip, sort this out! The game becomes unplayable once you get to this sort of level! Can't imagine how long you would need to wait at later levels. A year perhaps to go from 19 to 20? There so should be a timer cap, not some crazy exponential timer madness.

Attached Files:

12. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It looks like a great game. This is a shame... I wish it has freemium and a premium versions.

13. BigJP

BigJP Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    That's the thing though. It IS a really fun game. I love plundering all the systems for fun and profit. I don't even mind that it's a freemium game. But the length of those timers, I mean seriously...was this even playtested?

14. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    I think the timers also change with the different spaceships, my timer is close to that and not level 10. Can anyone confirm?

15. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    LOL @ the 10 days timer. Not even Gameloft or Gamevil timers went that looooongggg.

16. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    They need to fix the timer with a new version ASAP.

17. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    So no one plays clash if clans? I just started two 14 day upgrades.

18. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Unfortunately I mind. I would like to play it, but not like this.

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    This game has so much potential, lovely graphic style , good RPG designed ship leveling, but after sector one insane IAP tragedy begins.
    One more game ruined by IAP :mad:

20. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    i have a two day and 21 hour wait to upgrade my legendary spear of polaris from level 7 to level 8 :p fortunately i have other things to do while i don't play *slow clap* congrats develops. the gameplay rocks, the timers take all the fun away. :(