GameClub Plunderland (by JohnnyTwoShoes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Just want to say congrats on an excellent title Josh! This is plain fun, simple as that. Hope to see more from your dev team in the future.

2. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    And I still haven't gotten a gift card :( I'm so sad

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #83 Ayjona, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    There are a total of three ships, four upgrades (extra cannons, a crow's nest, etc), and four bowsprits.

I haven't come across anything for the little guys so far, equipment- or upgrade-wise. Extra crew members can be added by purchasing new ships. It is also possible to pick up stranded pirates, and thus gain an extra crew member for the duration of the mission.

With the seemingly (and hopefully) ambitious plan of the devs to add content through both free upgrades and DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see more unlockables, and perhaps even something to boost the crew.

4. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Very very very tempted... despite me saying i'm taking the plunge earlier in this thread, all the posts about possibility and probability threw me off :p

DAMN YOU 2.99 PRICE TAG! :eek:

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I was going to buy this but I can't because I have an iPad. I guess, I will have to wait for the iPad version.

6. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'm with you there... and my 1G can't handle 4.0

7. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

damn! I'm still on 3.1.3 and not gonna be updating just yet :( really wanted to try this too..

8. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Nice!

Well this is a jolly nice little title. The presentation is wonderful and reminds me of a pirate-y, high resolution Pigeon Street! It's super smooth and very nice to play.
    As for the price - strewth - what are you guys moaning about. It's obvious that the devs have poured hours and hours and buckets of love into this title. When I was a lad I used to pay £10 for Spectrum games that, on reflection, were barely playable!!! This game is lovely and, IMO, worth the entry price. Heck, it costs less than a Boots Meal Deal!

9. joshsslade

joshsslade Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Hey guys, thanks for the support.

To clearup rumours there is no planned price drop

Will see what we can do about 4.0 only, anyone who can upgrade should because it's worthwhile.

If you have the game could you please post impessions and ratings on the store if you'd be so kind. Would be very grateful for the help :)

Thanks everyone

10. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    So there could be an un-planned price drop? :rolleyes:

:p

11. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Is the length of the game reasonable?

12. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    It would be nice/interesting if you guys could add an online pick-up-and-play mode (similar to Stardunk) where you can face off against a random opponent - your ship/gear against theirs. The winner gets certain spoils, of course - which would have to be varied and interesting enough to keep someone wanting to play people online.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #93 Cilo, Jul 22, 2010
    Depends on your skill I guess. I made it halfway through the game tonight, but that's not with all gold fishheads (achievement system I'm guessing) unlocked and only the mermaid bow addon. Did a playthrough real quick just for kicks, but I did however hit a wall so now I'l be going back to pillage some loot for upgrades. I also had some practice on the free web version of this beforehand so that might've made it a tad easier for me.

However, I don't have any hangups about the game. The art style, crisp graphics, sound, music, and ui polish will put you in a pirate state.

Suggestions:
    Maybe a target practice level to get used to using the cannon. Could be a locked addon so it won't take anything away from the story run. Also maybe have the shipped docked after each episode to give an indication that you finished the previous one. From what I can remember you cut the rope once at the beginning of an episode but if you survive through the next it never docks again.

*Spoilers*

1. Love the fact that my crew start wrecking fools who try to come on board, it's hilarious.

2. When I came upon that hostage, I thought that was a cool lil addition - but then when I freed him and he joined my crew I was like, "F*** yah!" I had just lost a crew member minutes before I came to that island lol.

3. Quick tip for smooth sailing - get the mermaid bow first, you no longer have to tap coins, she'll pull them in your ship if you sail over them.

14. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Hmm, I think I'll get the game for the innovative mechanics and the art, thanks for the response.

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Ok, a couple things...

I absolutely LOVE this game. It's more linear than I thought, but it just feels good to play...

It's a great combo of Pocket God, Rolando, and Angry Birds.

Couple things, though... The method of pausing the game is absolutely horrible. Can you change this, please?

Secondly, I know I bought the Crows Nest, but it's not showing up. Do I have to wait til a later level?

Thanks a heap, dev.

16. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Thanks a lot!

As for pausing what would you like it to be?

Crows nest works on the first two boats, make sure it's turned on (blue in menu) tap that square on the right to activate it.

Hope this helps

17. FK1983

FK1983 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Web Design
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am such a silly idiot!
    I just got my iphone 4 a few days ago but didn't save any money to buy apps for it so am not able to buy this until the end of the month.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :eek:

Regarding the game, it looks absolutely amazing and can't wait to try it, good to see a fellow brit too!

18. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Are you sure about the Crows Nest? I have it turned on. It's green. But no nest... here are some pics:

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Ah man bad timing, the games incredible on iphone 4. This could be a solution :p

We have one promo code to get the game to give away on twitter if you search @jtsgames theres a message to retweet which will give you a chance to win

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the support

20. FK1983

FK1983 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Web Design
    Bournemouth, UK
    #100 FK1983, Jul 22, 2010
    Ohh, I added you on Twitter earlier, will go and retweet now!
    EDIT: Done!