GameClub Plunderland (by JohnnyTwoShoes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    You know............At times like these............I kind of wish that........I could FRIGGIN LIVE IN NZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Is this the same LordVader from engadget?

Also thanks for the time zone lesson peoples, I'm an rtard. Probably best it came out tonight for me anyway, I have things to do today lol.

3. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    wow, this game looks awesome!

joshsslade-

this mechanic seems like it could easily be taken to some different scenarios- flying a plane, driving a car, submarine, etc.. any plans for further games or updates to this one based on it?

Or are you guys on to a different project entirely after this one?

4. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    You are welcome
    Every one is a rtard in his own way, No?

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    A big compliment I can put forward is that some of the game mechanics are similar to ZombieSmash (such as the ragdoll flinging and the collecting of dropped coins) and that game played flawlessly.

6. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Jesus, this looks nice.

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's out in Australia. Will be back soon with initial impressions.

8. joshsslade

joshsslade Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Stay up to date with Plunderland

Also guys theres all the videos and details at http://www.johnnytwoshoes.com/flyer/plunderland

Also follow us on twitter @jtsgames will be a good way to keep in the loop if theres new updates etc

Thanks for all the support, we are only a small team so it makes all the difference. Look forward to hearing how you find the game

9. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    are there mini games or side missions? Or mostly just escalating bad guys and sharks and treasures?

10. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    There is lots you can do to mess around and have fun and relax. Also there are different kinds of missions, ammo types, bosses, powerups, bowsprits, crows nests etc. Some levels are designed for easier fun breaks to accentuate a certain aspect of gameplay.

For example a puzzle structure level which requires thought to solve to levels with the super powerup which lets you interact with everything so you can play with the world in an over top powerful fashion so you dont feel at risk.

There are little tasks and interactive objects to have fun with. You can upgrade and modify your boat. Kind of hard to describe but its got a lot of variety and re playability. Let alone with updates that will come too

Hope this helps

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Initial impressions

Ok, initial impressions.
    The game has 4 distinct gameplay areas:
    New pirateers - 3 training missions
    The Empire - 7 missions where enemies are British navy and some islanders.
    Sea monsters- 7 missions of what I can only assume would be sea monsters
    Survival- 3 missions or survival categories. I can't tell yet because it's locked for now.
    The game mechanics is a combination of a number of genres. Basically you have a ship with 3 sailors and a ghost ( not sure why but he always goes down with a ship). You tilt to move forward and back. When you encounter enemy ship you touch the gun your ship has and move it up or down to aim at an enemy. When you sink enemy ship you get coins. Simple as that, however the battle and interaction mechanics are simply amazing. You can knock enemy sailors off their boat. If they are not dead they'll try to swim back to their ship and keep fighting you. If their ship is sunk they'll try to swim to your boat and fight your sailors. You can if you want grab the enemy sailors and slam them into water to drown them (obvious nod to pocket god). I am sure that I haven't discovered everything that can be done in this game. When you get to an island with natives you can smash their totems fir coins. The natives throw stones at you so you need to either quickly make your escape or get rid of them with your cannon. You also encounter platforms that need to be blown up for you to progress. They all have Gunpowder barrels sitting there so you need to hit those barrels to destroy the platform. At first its simple, later you get platforms with gun turrets and with barrels placed in tricky places. At the end of a level you land on an island where you can buy upgrades, new ships or bowsprits. So far I bought a mermaid bowsprit. Now I don't have to collect the coins. They get sucked on board as I go past. You also get a score (80 out of 250 for example) not sure how it is determined, but I assume it depends on how well I did in battle. You can replay missions to improve your score.
    The game has excellent graphics and runs very smoothly on my 3G iPod touch. I am having a blast with it. I highly recommend it.

12. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Looks highly polished! No wonder it took some time to develop! :D

13. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Thanks a lot for the detailed first impressions

14. Wired360

Wired360 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Medical Student
    Would it be possible for you to elaborate the differences in the ipad and ipod versions? Will it be more content due o more memory/screen size?

15. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    That's a really good question cuz if the difference are minimal, I would purchase the game now and play it on my iPad anyway. :p

16. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I will try to be patient, but I may cave and pick up the iphone version. Most tilt controlled games do not translate well to the ipad. How does this play on the ipad ?

Also, will the control be different on the ipad version?

17. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    It certainly is for me! I try and get around 8 cups a day in if I can. When I say cup, I mean mug.....

I shall arise in the morn to plunderland opinions and my compulsory purchase to support my fellow Brit comrades! What ho!

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Such a freakin' nice icon. Awesome.

19. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    To answer the iPad questions, the game will most likely have the same campaigns but also it's own game mode.

Still don't know a release date for iPad

20. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Out in the UK if anyone didn't realise. DLing now.
    I love midnight app releases. Late night gaming benders are a guilty pleasure.