GameClub Plunderland (by JohnnyTwoShoes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 21, 2010.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thats after the update. Another question - is there supposed to be a crow's nest on Pirateer?

2. joshsslade

joshsslade Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    #422 joshsslade, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks will look into in, what os and device?
    Also could you hear the game sound when this happened? assuming you had sound on

The boat is too giant for a birds nest, ruins the gameplay so there isnt one. But there is on the others

3. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #423 eugekava, Jul 30, 2010
    OS4, iPod Touch 3G. Didn't have the sound on. I'll try to play the same level and see if it happens again. I just finished the game with all cod pieces and gold. Top notch!

I am ok with Pirateer not having a Birds nest. Just wanted to make sure its not a bug.:)

Edit. Tried the level again. No more issues.

4. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    nice! they promised that os3 compatility will come, and there it is!!

PS: i've bought the game a few days ago and now i can play it :D

5. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This game is fun but has weird controls. For instance, the cannon in the boat is kind of odd.

6. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Just takes a little getting used to. Pull back like a sling shot then just let go when the line aims at what you want to hit.

If you have any ideas for what would make it easier feel free to post them

7. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Hehe good to hear :) hope you like it!

8. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I already got everything, I already cleared all the mission and the update tweaks the prices!?
    Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

9. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Does the credits screen say 'New items unlocked' every time you reach it? I'd already unlocked the last bowspirit once before.

I think the ships should automatically scoop up the coins by default - I only ever use the Mermaid bowspirit because flicking the coins into the boat manually is so tedious.

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Now that it is working on the iPad, I picked it up and it is awesome.

11. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Thanks dude!

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #432 Gwarmaxx, Jul 30, 2010
    hi Josh,
    i can't still find the piece of cod in the last mission of Sea Monsters "Serpents Secret", i've destroyed every piece of the serpent, search x spots in the island (actually there's only one spot with treasure), and totally smashed the empire ship...are you sure that you fixed it???
    ...and, where's the before mentioned music in credits screen?
    btw... wonderful game... bye

13. joshsslade

Apr 16, 2010
    London
    Its in there, make sure you shoot every boat in half... do this and youll find it quickly

Thanks, glad you like the game :)

14. bobechi

bobechi Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I still can't find it. There's only one ship and I split it in half. Shook all the islanders, dug up the treasure and destroyed the serpent with ~3,300 gold. I've played through five times.

JB

15. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got the last piece. I sliced serpent in 2 and then shot at the tail half again. Not sure if that did it or demolishing the enemy ship.

16. HailSo

HailSo Member

Jul 30, 2010
    #436 HailSo, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    ----

17. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    This game is fantastic. Well worth the $$$.

18. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    yes, no and no

19. Supermodified

Supermodified Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    #439 Supermodified, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    Hey, just got the update and I got the last cod piece, but I finally completed the hardest survival level, and I got more than enough treasure, but the game shows I got none. I'm going to give it another go now.

EDIT: Yep, finished the final survival level again with over 8000 gold, and it still isn't showing I've completed the level in the menu.

20. TheDarknessWithin

Aug 1, 2010
    Very nice game but I it could use much more depth, so here are my suggestions.

Bosses: You should start by adding bosses such as high ranking naval men with unique abilities or colossal sea monsters that would really leave an impression on the player.

A Story Mode: I see potential for a huge world with many different character's who possess imaginative powers and a compelling storyline. if you actually decided to do something as ambitious as that. I would be more than glad to take charge of the story board and help flesh out a world that players will never forget.

A new Shipyard.The ship yard could also use some drastic improvement you should be able build your vessel with a much higher level of customization that includes a bigger variety of pieces and accessories to make your ship feel much more personal rather than knowing that are hundreds of thousands of ships exactly like yours.

A Level Builder: This one should be a no brainer for a game like this, it's a great idea because if done right the amount of content becomes virtually unlimited and all the work is done by the public!

A Epic Multilayer Experience: For multiplayer I was thinking something along the lines of being able to chose between becoming a pirate or become a soldier of the empire. As a pirate you could gain a reputation and a increased bounty by defeating well known and high ranking Empire members or even other pirates. As a member of the empire you could hunt down pirate's with high bounty's and use the money to buy new gear to make yourself tougher.