Universal Plunder Pirates (By Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by comingTouch.com, Jun 17, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #81 bigjack66, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    This could have been a good game but they went and made another clone full of stupid AI characters! Looks great but got bored of doing things I'd done a dozen times already#

2. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Couple of days in, so far so good, defending appears to be pretty easy compared to attacking, which is good i guess for casual players like myself.

I just created a casual guild named The Pirate's Bay :D

Wouldn't mind fellow TA mates joining if they wish so. (its open to all presently)

3. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    A) this is the best looking game on my iPad
    B) I haven't been able to connect for hours
    C) joining pirates bay guild when I can reconnect

4. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    How do I join a Guild please?
    Also, how do pirates level up.

Thanks

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Spinning skull loading screen after installing on i6+... spinning... -watches skull- spinn.....

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Build the guild hall to join a guild.
    Build the academy to level up your pirates.

7. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Guild LFM

The Pirate's Bay

8. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    If they don't fix the freezing and crashing, I'm going to have to delete this unfortunately.

Every time I click to upgrade a building, it freezes, I have to exit the app, make sure it's closed in the background, before re-opening. That's not on. No other app I have does this. Other random crashes are also ruining the experience.

I praised the game earlier, but I will change my mind very fast when a game/app starts to frustrate me.

9. RovionefuaH

RovionefuaH Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Fixing it!

Hey guys, Daniel here, community manager for Rovio Stars. Just dropped by to let you know that the team at Midoki have been working really hard on getting all server issues fixed once and for all!

Quite honestly, we didn't expect to see so many players out there plundering each other from day one, and need to make a few adjustments to cope with the heavy load.

Sincere apologies and we hope to have it sorted soon :)

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Man, these freezes are fckin annoying! I was attacking another player and only his ship was left and then it froze up dammit. Restarted the game and saw that I won but with 65% destruction only and 0 gold/grog. -.-

11. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The freezing is pretty harsh right now. Hopefully it will be sorted out before long.

I had never played Clash of Clans before trying this. Played this for a few days, then decided to give CoC a look. Yeah, pretty much the exact gameplay style and even market/consumables, from what I saw.

That said, I'll stick with this one for awhile. Still haven't felt like I've had to buy crystals yet, and just got to the point where I was able to build a lighthouse.

It had just completed when the game locked up for the third time in the last 20 minutes, and I haven't been able to get back in since. Will try again later.

12. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    It's fun if it works. Usually I get stuck on the loading screen. Three times it has frozen when I'm rearranging my base. Wasted a couple of minutes there.

13. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Okay... I got in, froze, got in to a message that I'm under attack, got to base, froze, got in to another message that I'm under attack. Lovely.

14. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Good to see reps respond. They need to move on fixes asap, as you can see people are getting agitated by crashes and bugs, not a great start for an app game. People will move on and forget it.

I also think they need some balancing on the cost of upgrades and buildings. Since attacking is way tougher than defending in this game, it's very hard to clock up a decent amount of resources to upgrade or buy anything. I see this as a push to get people to buy gems, and I quit CoC for precisely that reason. I don't mind buying a 4.99 bag of gems per game, I usually do if I like it, but that's it! No app game is worth more than that IMO.

Please pass on the suggestions. Cheers.

15. RovionefuaH

RovionefuaH Member

Sep 22, 2014
    I promise you, we have quite a few people working hard to get the problems solved. Yea, you are right, not the best start for a game, we most certainly wanted to avoid to jump on the bandwaggon of launching a game and having server issues. Again apologies for that. In the meanwhile, visit the offical forums and there is a good chance somebody from the game designers will take your feedback.

http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php

And to get the latest news about the server status, it'll be best to follow @PlunderPirates

16. icemilktea

icemilktea Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #96 icemilktea, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    Maybe its just me but i find that upgrading my boat for the first time not so easy.
    When i saw it was 35k grog i thought alright, took awhile to upgrade the distilleries and storages but sure its ok. But then i found that i also have to own a lighthouse :( which is 75k grog. Which means even more upgrading storages and distilleries! I mean its only my first upgrade! Im just saying that for these type of games I thought first upgrades are very very easy to get, but i guess not here lol

Plus why is it so hard to login to the game? Sometimes the game got stuck in the loading screen and I have to reload the app A few times just to get in.

17. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Progression is discouraging

Training a unit to +10 damage at level 5 academy would cost 1.6mil.
    Training same unit to +5 damage at level 6 academy would cost 2.8mil!
    Let's not forget that it would cost at least 2mil to upgrade the academy, and then you still need to upgrade each skill sequentially...

Could the upgrade progression, for buildings, pre-requisites, and units be somewhat fairer and meaningful? It really begs the question why bother if progression is not only more expensive but also get less tangible results? The economics just don't make sense, and it causes some doubt to me on whether I should invest anymore time or money into the game (already paid IAP for the basic gems pack)

18. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    The economy should fix itself as more people become higher and higher & can carry more currency.

19. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    About the first ship upgrade, I was running into the same thing. I finally had to use some of the gems I'd been saving to fill my grog storage, and bought the lighthouse. The good thing was the reward for building the lighthouse was 30,000 grog, which almost paid for the ship upgrade.

Still enjoying the game, but I might be at the wall where my reserves get pillaged while I'm out of the game, and my pirates aren't strong enough to take on the level of opponents that I'm getting matched up with.

20. Anderson_ndz

Anderson_ndz New Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Login issues seen to be sorted out, but i just lost 100 gems out of nowhere ,
    I was about to buy one pack of 400 to show some support but this made me take one step back

Ps: im 100% sure i didn't touched anywhere because i was tracking my gems to get a third builder , when o logged in it just showed about 100 less gems :S