Universal Plunder Pirates (By Rovio Stars)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by comingTouch.com, Jun 17, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    It's a really nice looking game. It's a pity it's the hundredth clone of stuff we've seen already! I'd have liked to have seen them make a proper game instead of this! Oh well maybe next time.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is revolutionary

3. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    I like this but been wondering. This dont have notifications? Cant see them anywhere

4. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Fun game and probably the best CoC clone I've played. Different enough to be interesting, and beautiful graphics.

If your looking for a guild the Toucharcade guild is up and running!

5. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Impressions

another time cruncher. neat graphics but limited gameplay.

6. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    And AI is once again stupid and attacks randomly building, rather then cannons first.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Anyone know if it's possible to rename your island? There wasn't any kind of confirmation on your island name and I accidentally named mine a keyboard moosh as I stuck my phone in my pocket.

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Not at the moment, which is kind of a bummer. But oh well.

9. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    As CoC has yet to implement this i doubt it will ever happen here.

Btw, I think I can pull some strings and get you into the Toucharcade guild...

10. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I downloaded this yesterday to give it a try. Halfway through the tutorial I became overwhelmed by all the stuff going on, not because I couldn't figure it out, but because I have played this type of game a bunch of times already and just don't have the patience for it anymore.

They should have called it Boom Beach: Rovio Style.

Great graphics though!!:)

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I usually don't like these kind of games and I'm really sick of all these CoC clones but I can't help myself, this one is great and it became even greater after updating to iOS8.

You can name your island? o_O when?

12. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Any Guilds in The UK?

13. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    #73 Cagey75, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    CoC was a clone of BYM before it ... ;)

Got this today, and played for a couple of hours on and off. It's already looking far better than Boom Beach, I got bored of that one very quickly. This one seems to have more going for it, better looking, seems a bit more fun, and well, I like Pirates! :D

It did crash on me a couple of times, and froze a couple of times in that time too. It froze twice when I went to explore

I played CoC for about a year, I reached level 54 or so, still got it on the pad but done with it. Just ... got bored of it, I'm not willing to dedicate myself to clans to keep it interesting, I think these games should offer more for the single player experience. More updates, more buildings, more backdrops and varied terrain etc ... Backyard monsters, which as I mention above, came before CoC, didn't require you to join clans so much. You could take over large chunks of terrain using outposts playing solo. You could create clans, but it wasn't so much of a big ordeal back then.

I'll see over the next few days how this one fares. But I like the look and feel of it already ... Just hope the crashes don't persist. I'm putting it down to iOS8 update for now

14. gladius_rex

gladius_rex Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Rovio Stars isn't just one dev studio, they're just games that Rovio publishes. Those studios get a lot of advantages for publishing through Rovio, like marketing and cross-promotion. Tiny Thief was made by 5ants. Plunder Pirates is made by Midoki, who also helped out on the recent Sega Crazy Taxi runner.

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Game looks fantastic on metal capable devices but honestly it's the same ole town building crap

16. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    Tried and tested formula that keeps people coming back, even if it can become a little chore-like. Yup, it's a town builder also! But a better one than previous efforts IMO. Plunder the seas more, and attack other player's towns. You can choose to just have the bare essentials in your base/town, and concentrate more on farming/attacking ... if you're not into that type of thing, well, why even try it? it's clearly set out as one of those. But I think it's about the best looking one yet

Been playing it a couple of days now on and off without spending a cent, and progressing nicely.

17. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Does it look any different than it running on an ios device that isn't running ios8 with metal?

Have a 5s but haven't upgraded ios yet

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm in 7 Kingdoms if anyone here becomes active enough and strong enough I can put in a word, we keep getting piles of applications but haven't really been taking in.

19. ChilLama

ChilLama Member

Mar 22, 2013
    I dislike this game because it's too much like clash of clans. I hate how you lose your pirates even if they survive the battle. And that they don't even help with the defense of your island. I wanna battle pirate army's against each other.

This is more of a pain in the butt than a game.

20. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    If you got to keep survivors, stronger players would just completely overrun you, as they'll have stronger, leveled up troops ... you keep the ones you don't drop in, so the key is to not go OP - only use enough to tackle the place you're looting.

Again, Clash of clans wasn't original to begin with ... and there was less to it when it started out.