Universal Plight of the Zombie (by Spark Plug Games, LLC)[Universal+Lite]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CzarCastic, Aug 1, 2012.

1. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Plight of the Zombie

Spark Plug Games, LLC
    Now with FASTER loading times! And more zombies! "An Unique Strategic Line-tracing Game I Bet You've Never Seen Before"…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Now with FASTER loading times! And more zombies! "An Unique Strategic Line-tracing Game I Bet You've Never Seen Before" - Best10Apps.com "...Plight of the Zombie's satisfying and strategic experience that offers a fresh take on the zombie formula. Puzzle fans shouldn't hesitate to devour this one." - 4.5 out of 5 stars, TouchArcade.com Editor Picked by Best10Apps.com ---------------------- We are tired of all of these zombie games designed for those apathetic people who just want to kill poor, innocent zombies all the time. They're just hungry! Plight of the Zombie features: + Play over 50 deliciously brainy puzzles + More levels being offered after release + Be one with your inner zombie as you nom on yummy brains + Support a savory cause by helping end zombie hunger + Appetizing store with plenty of tasteful accessories for your zombies
    Information
    Seller:Spark Plug Games, LLC
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Aug 01, 2012
    Updated:Mar 26, 2013
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Plight of the Zombie - Lite Edition

Spark Plug Games, LLC
    We are tired of all of these zombie games designed for those apathetic people who just want to kill poor, innocent zombi…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    We are tired of all of these zombie games designed for those apathetic people who just want to kill poor, innocent zombies all the time. They're just hungry! Plight of the Zombie features: + Play deliciously brainy puzzles + Be one with your inner zombie as you nom on yummy brains + Support a savory cause by helping end zombie hunger + Appetizing store with plenty of tasteful accessories for your zombies + It’s free! Some people say there’s no such thing as a free lunch. We beg to differ... + Upgrade to the full version for more levels, more zombies, and more fun!
    Information
    Seller:Spark Plug Games, LLC
    Genre:Action, Puzzle
    Release:Aug 01, 2012
    Updated:Aug 01, 2012
    Version:1.04
    Size:46.2 MB
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. CzarCastic

Looks like it could be an interesting mix of zombies, stealth and line drawing. I may check out the lite version, but it worries me that there are only 30 levels at the moment. I'm always leery of unproven/unknown developers and promises of future content.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Nice game, solid mechanics, achievements aren't working though :/

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & Translator
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #5 syntheticvoid, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    wow... finally got a chance to get into this one, and... just... wow.

It's a great line drawing puzzler. There's actually 50 levels, and the Android version has already had 2 updates with level packs (they started with 30, which is probably where the mix-up comes in...) - I'm pretty optimistic that this'll get updated with the new content soon enough. But for now... the current content is great. I'm really enjoying it. =oD

**edit**

yeah, I just checked out the GC achievements, and they are NOT unlocking...

Hopefully it's fixed soon.

6. spg_megan

spg_megan New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Hey peoples

First off - thank you all for the nice words about Plight of the Zombie :) I'm the marketing director for Spark Plug Games and the attention you all brought was enough to get a beautiful walkthrough on the front page...so...first and foremost...thanks!

To the guy that called us unproven or whatever...well, we've been around for over four years and we've worked some shiny titles, including Puzzle Quest for iOS. So hopefully that's enough to quell your fears. We do have content lined up to keep the game updated..promise :D

And for the Game Center achievements...we did not know about those issues. Thank you guys for pointing 'em out. Our tech team is now looking into the bugs and the issues and the technical stuffs so hopefully we will be able to update the game soon. The only problem is that it will have to go through Apple's approval process to update it, which takes an unknown amount of time (Google Play is a beautiful, beautiful thing with the lack of an approval process and instantaneous updates..) Buuuut there should be a fix released as soon as we figure out the problems!

7. abodi

abodi Active Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Looks like a cool game, seems really really easy though. Like the cones of view should be much longer.

8. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Megan do you have a level count? One guy above said 50, is that accurate?

Puzzle quest is a great game.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just saw the TA review and im quite interested in this. Im already downloading now so i can play it later.

10. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

Love the game - addictive and visuals are very cool :)

Mmmmm Brains !!!

11. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Awesome game and well worth the dollars but, a little tip, if you plan on playing on a 3GS, be prepared to pull your hair out strand by strand because the loading times are excruciating on that particular device. I'm talking 15-20 secs to load each and every level. Every. Single. Level. This isn't a problem on newer devices though as load times are fine.

12. monito666667

monito666667 New Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Visual are not so great and on the New iPad, it's quite bad. Game is simple but fun...not enough to keep it.

13. Lt. Templeton Peck

May 8, 2012
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading the free level packs from the store?!? They just hang at 0% and say "These levels are being downloaded. Please wait."

14. CzarCastic

I just downloaded the level packs to try it out. I was able to download them without a problem. I didn't get any messages. I clicked on the free button and it turned purple. The screen froze for a few seconds, but then the level pack disappeared from the list. Repeated the process for all of the packs. Went to the play menu and the levels were listed in the menu available to play.

15. Lt. Templeton Peck

May 8, 2012
    Hmmm I'm stuck with this:

I've already deleted the app, reinstalled and have the same problem.

Attached Files:

16. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Yeah I had issues downloading level packs as well. I managed to download the first 2 and even played 2 levels of the first one but after I exited the app and opened it up it began redownloading ALL again and then was stuck like that

Edit: a shame cause the game is quite fun and I was getting quite into it.

17. Lt. Templeton Peck

May 8, 2012
    Well after trying many different wifi connections and killing it many times in multitasking, I finally got the level packs to load. They came down at a painfully slow speed but at least they're there.

Next moan is that the "Nom nom" (collect 90 brains in the game) acheivement hasn't registered. Acheivement problems are my pet peeve in iOS games, it drives me mad when you graft to get them and then they don't show up!

Pretty happy with the game overall. I thought it was going to be too easy but the learning curve has a huge ramp up in East Potzberg. Giving it some longer term playability.