please ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cure, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    First of all excuse me if i posted in the wrong forum i just didnt find any other forum more suitable to post this ><

Hi I am new her in the forums and in a couple of days I am going to pruchase an Ipod Touch 2g, now I dont really understand how the Ipod works so I have some questions that I would be happy if someone will share a bit of his time and answer me cause I dont have anywhere else to go ''^^ (I just moved to Canada, Halifax and I dont have friends that can answer me those questions also the friends from the last place I lived their doesnt understand in this stuff..)

so her is the questions:
    1. Is the 8g modul is enough? Basicly I do listen to music but I dont think I will need to have always 1000+ songs on my Ipod cause I am not listening for music 24 hours a day, I think having 400 songs on my Ipod is more then enough from time to time cause I can always update my song list by adding new songs so I would like your opinion about that =]

2. Is the Ipod Touch 2g Internet is free? all the sites are free(thats include sites that not with the ending of "com" and "ca")? and can I log in to the internet from anywhere?

3. Does the Ipod Touch 2g has a MSN Messenger Apc (I think this is how the programs could on the Ipod) for free? if not how much does it cost to download it LIGALY (cause I dont support hacking) ?

4. Is the Ipod Touch 2g is less powerful then the Iphone 3g in the hardware specs? cause I am going to download some games to my Ipod and play them from time to time , and by games I mean like Real Racing and Assains Creed not the little applications and because of that I would like to know if there is any diffrence between the graphic on the Ipod Touch 2g and the Ipohone 3g.

5. Lets say I downloaded a game finished it, deleted it, would I be able to dowbload this game again for free? or I need to pay everytime that I download a game no matter if I downloaded it before and payed it in the past?

6.Like I said I just moved to Canada and I am low on bidget so if someone knows a place in Halifax or some famous shop that sells Ipod Touch 2g in low price it will be very helpful and I will be more then thankful ^.^

7.Also i heard that people are complaining about that they cant copy music from the computer to there Ipod is this really a problem? or it works just like a regular Mp3(you just connect the ipod to the computer and you got the option to copy music to a folder there)?

Ok thats all hope to fit in the community =] and sorry if I did some horrible spelling mistake or some other mistakes, please dont be angry on me, it just English is not my main language >.<

2. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    1. Yes. It is. My iPhone is filled to the brim with apps and max memory I've spent on apps is 3 gigs.

2. Yes. As long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, the internet is, of course, free.

3. Yes. There are a number of apps that puts all of your IMs into one app, which can be useful. There is at least one free one, and a number of paid apps which don't cost much, max of $5.

4. Other than as a phone, no. In fact, it is more powerful.

5. You can download it again for free, or just install it from your computer, by just plugging it in.

6. I have no idea, but the only place I think you'd find an iPod Touch for cheaper than standard price is used on a site such as Craigslist or eBay.

7. It works through iTunes, just like any iPod. You plug it in, run your MP3's through iTunes, and it will sync automatically. You cannot just open it up in Windows and copy files directly.

I hope I've answered your questions well enough. Alot of this is a bit common knowledge, but your new, so no biggie.

3. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    First of all,

Hi Cure. Welcome to Touch Arcade :D I hope you like the community here. We really love our games and our iPod Touches / iPhones

Let me try to answer some of your questions. Anyone else please chime in to help (I'm not from Canada).

1. I have an 8GB iPhone and I dont think its enough. But this is because I use it to watch my tv shows as well as play a lot of games. The 8GB is actually just 7.08GB. I use 3+GB for games/apps, 3+GB for music (~ 400 songs) and the rest for my tv shows (only fits a few).
    2. The iPod touch 2G is internet-capable. But you still need to connect to a WiFi hotspot. If the WiFi is free, then you can use the internet for free. But this also means that you cant always have internet. You need WiFi hot spots.
    3. There is a lot of Instant Messenger apps. Some are free. Some are not. If you have internet access, you can use any of the free ones to be online with your MSN messenger account. Yes, some apps are legal and free.
    4. As I understand it, the iPod Touch 2G is actually the same as the iPhone 3G except the iPhone is a phone as well. However, the processor for the iPod Touch 2G is clocked higher, so some apps run better on an iPodTouch 2G than an iPhone 3G.
    5. Yes. If you have already paid for an app, you can download it again for free (at least at present, this is still true).
    6. Copying of music, videos, apps, etc are all done via iTunes. Its a free download as well from Apple. I think there are other applications you can use, but I dont know them. iTunes is already easy enough to use. Just plug in your iPod Touch and you can start copying music etc.

Hope this helps! :D

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Internet searching is free, I have a large collection of music and full with games and Im happy with 16gig, I don't put movies on here though. Http://Halifax.en.craigslist.ca/ele/

5. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Thx evryone for there answers!! ^^
    Its really nice that people answer me caues in other forums they just ignored ><
    Ohhh also i got another 2 last questions ''^^

1. Is the WiFi is always free? or it costs money sometime? and if it does how do i know it and how much it costs?

2. how do i buy apc/game/music fron the Apple store? do i need a visa card or something? and what payment methods can i use?

Ok this is my last questions and again thank you for your help ^^

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    You can buy items from the iTunes stores either by buying prepaid cards to add to your account or you can use a credit / debit card and have each app get billed to your card.

The wifi will all depend on where you are, the device has the ability to connect to any wireless network, it doesn't dial up a connection or anything like a mobile phone as the touch has no phone parts inside, so it's just like a wireless laptop.

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Some places like McDonalds have wifi but they charge, but it is free with AT&T on the iPhone

8. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    1. There are some free wifi hotspots you can access in public. You can also buy an app like Wifi Tracker to pick up any accessible wifi connections when you are out and about. Wifi at home runs from a wifi router connected to your home broadband, so there are no costs apart from the broadband cost and the purchase cost of the wifi router.

2. iTunes accepts all debit/credit cards and also iTunes gift cards.

It all works very well and I don't think you will have any trouble at all getting to grips with it.

9. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    thx again guys ^^
    but i didnt get the part of the WiFi, will it tell me when i connect to a WiFi hot spot if it costs money or not? cause i dont know which hot spots cost money and which not and i dont want to end with a bill that will make me sell my underwear XD
    so if someone can tell me plz how i can tell what spot costs money and what not it will be nice =]

10. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    #10 ShadowsFall, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    Lol, Wifi is all free. You need to have a router to connect to your home. A router is something you need if you use cable internet, not quite shure about DSL... Some wifi is password protected and some are not. It costs no money at all to get wifi. Some hotspots charge for access to their wifi, but it will be password protected. So you could ask them to use their wifi. Connecting to a wifi (i keep saying this) is always free if it's not password protected, if it is password protected, then someone has blocked their router.

Some places which is free are Mcdonalds, maybe a coffee shop, somewhere in a mall...? And some houses. Some that might want to charge you (it will be password protected or it will lead you to a website that tells you to ask a manager to connect to their wifi) are... Some parts of a mall, and some coffee shops, and etc. xD hope this helped :D ^-^

Btw, welcome to Touch Arcade :D

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Any wifi spots that cost money will go to their login screen and ask you to sign up. :)
    If they dont' ask you for a credit card and you can use the internet, it's free. ;)

Since you mentioned you're in Halifax Canada, be advised that prepaid gift cards do not work for apps. They work for music, but they will not work for games in Canada due to some legal issues, though I'm not sure what they are.

12. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Awsome thank you =D

So you say that to buy Apc and games i will need to use my Debit card? (cause i dont have Visa yet ><)

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I don't believe debit is an option on line.
    Either credit card or paypal.

14. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    My guess is that you're under 18 haha. Debit cards are allowed, but you'll need a Paypal account to create a itunes account. Or you could use a credit.

15. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Yeh i am 17 >.<

So wait a minute I can use Debit card but for that i need Paypal but to open PayPal i need a credit card if i am not wrong right?

Dammm i am so lost in all of this :S

16. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Use your debit card to make a paypal account, then use the paypal account to make a itunes account :D

17. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    In the UK you can just use your debit card through iTunes, no need for anything else. Is that not the same everywhere?

18. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Depends i guess. Its different in all countries.

19. Bonemouse

Bonemouse Active Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I have a 32g Touch and it's a bit excessive in terms of size and price. I'd say 16g is perfect and 8g is fine if you don't mind swapping media a lot.

As for the iTunes cards, I gave my buddy a couple and a list of games he should buy with them. But he couldn't get iTunes to accept them for app purchases. I dunno why exactly. But putting that out there.

20. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Does he have an itunes account? And did he click "Redeem"?