Please help me solve the game title!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Spacedoggy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Spacedoggy

Spacedoggy Member

Jan 17, 2009
    iPhone Dev, Composer
    Tasmania, Australia
    Ok, so it was 1992 and I was at uni on a brand new Mac (I think running OS 7 or 8) Anyway there was a killer game that was on cdrom.

It starts with a planet in space.... Nothing else.... no instructions.... You click on the planet with your mouse, and get closer... click again and get closer... finally you are greeted by an alien in a spaceport (i think)

The whole game is like this... just mouse and click, no other actions. You have to solve how to get around etc...

I would LOVE someone to tell me what this was I was playing in 1992 - Anyone?

Many Thanks:p

2. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    Without more info all I could come up with is LucasArts The Dig.
    Hopefully you got the year wrong, as it would have been 1995.

3. Jaytee

Jaytee Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    lots of point and click adventure games came out during that time—you'll have to be more specific. what was the story like?

4. Spacedoggy

Spacedoggy Member

Jan 17, 2009
    iPhone Dev, Composer
    Tasmania, Australia
    Thanks for helping guys! Ive looked at Dig, but doesn't look like it - There was no animation as far as I can remember, it was more like Myst and heavily relied on Soundscapes.

Most (or maybe all) of the game were static shots where you had to click up down left or right or centre to walk down halls etc...

Also Im fairly certain the game was offically bundled with the Mac LC475 or LC575 series running OS 7 or 8.

Hope someone can solve this - Ive been searching for this for almost 15 years!

Cheers