Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I know it's wishful thinking and not going to happen now, but I'd love a new FPS that matches Killzone Mecenary's visual ability but dealt with different subject matter. Developers just won't risk that kind of cost without external funding from the likes of Sony though, and Sony aren't going to do that when they have VR, Neo and the original PS4 to push.

2. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    You just said the magic words, "Dragon's Crown".

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Hey Anubis - good to see you around nd. Hope all is well.

4. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Pluto! Thank you, I'm glad you're still around. Life is fine, can't complain. I hope you're doing okay.

5. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    First store update in ages that I'm interested in multiple Vita games (Zero Time Dilemma, God Eater Resurrection and Adventures of Mana).

6. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Been playing a lot of Paranautical Activity on my Vita, despite the really inconsistent framerate I'd say it's pretty fun, also, any opinions on God Eater Resurrection? I recently reinstalled Freedom Wars and I want something similar to it and God Eater sure looks like a good game to move to after I finished FW

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Personally I'm loving GER on the ps4. I've never been able to stick with the monster hunter type games, but the the game flow of GER has me obsessively playing mission after mission. The writing is pretty good too, and quite funny! It's had me so impressed that I've since redownloaded FR which I stopped playing a couple hours in originally.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    My Vitas X button isn't doing so well. Is this a normal problem? Is there a fix or will I be forced to purchase a new one?

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Been spending a bit of time with Steamworld Heist lately, it's crossbuy and had thought I'd play it more on the PS4 but it has gotten my Vita out from its dusty shelf instead, just feels right on portable. I wasn't convinced the 2D side scroller view would suit a TBS but it works well and gets more complex as you go, time sinks into pretty easily before you notice where it's gone.

Still waiting on God Eater Burst 2 and Resurrection for EU territories, haven't seen a release date and to be honest if it isn't out by August I'll just grab them from Steam, unless maybe if they're crossbuy with PS4/Vita?

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Just started Tales of Hearts R on my Vita. Always enjoy this series.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_a14cO9Gc

Anime rail shooter where you shoot anime girls with your love hahahah! Hits Europe and America any time now. Man, the vita gets some hilariously over the top games. Love it :)

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Finally, been a long wait but 11th october dragon quest builder finally hits the west :)

13. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Having a blast with Darkest Dungeon. Vita version needs some UI work but it's already an amazing game.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I want to get that. What's wrong with the UI on Vita?

15. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    You get used to it but controls are a bit awkward, as Vita lacks two shoulder buttons the changing characters command (very frequently used) was mapped to the rear touchpad, no way to change. There's zero use of the front touchscreen which is baffling considering how useful it would be for a series of inputs, some of them a no brainer like selecting characters.

Fonts and menus are really small, it feels like you are remote playing a PS4 and not running a proper Vita version, it's readable but it gets annoying because there's A LOT of information to handle.

But game's so f***ing good you'll get over it, not very far into it yet but possibly my GOTY along with Dark Souls 3, just be sure to know what you're getting into, it's quite hard and unforgiving for today's standards, I can see many many people ragequitting it.

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Dragon quest Builder is out for vita nad ps4. 40 for vita, 60-70ish for ps4.

Think minecraft with much much personality and story :) Getting great reviews, two thumbs up here :)

17. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
  18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Nope!

PS4 and Vita discussions seem to have died here. Oh well.

19. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I knocked out 16 Vita games this year. I beat Tales of Hearts R just a few days ago.

In comparison, I beat 12 PS4 games and 10 PS3 games.

So yeah, 2016 was a busy year for me.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    SUPERBEAT: XONiC is on sale for $12 or something and it is super fun. Challenging but fun. If you like rhythm games I'd recommend it.