Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I've been meaning to get around to this but... lll Anubis lll you need to shape up or ship out. I mean, you really have been slacking and it's hurting the team.. One game? Seriously?

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't have any desire to own a physical version of that, but if they made a physical version of Spelunky, I'll admit I'd like to have that on my shelf. To go with my Spelunky mini-figures. :)

3. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I have dishonored us all. Time for me to commit seppuku. Let me go grab my Tanto. #

If it makes it any better I actually snagged 2 copies on Saturday Morning RPG. I figured I would open one and keep one sealed... But now I'm thinking of trying to trade it for another limited run game. Too bad I'm probably the only one with a Vita within 1000 miles.

I never really got around to playing Spelunky. I personally would love a copy of Rogue Legacy.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I am not a rogue like person typically but enjoyed Rouge Legacy. If you like FTL, or the idea of it and game on Steam check out Skyshine's Bedlam.

Off topic I am looking forward to Steamworld Heist on Vita.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Spelunky is my favorite game of all time. I had SOOO much fun with it and played it for so many hours it's crazy. Such a satisfying game to 100%. I still occasionally fire it up and do the daily challenge and play a few regular rounds. Such a great game.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Downwell tomorrow! I've been looking forward to this since learning it was coming to Vita and PS4 because it seemed cool on mobile, but I just couldn't play it with a touchscreen. The Vita has a TATE mode option (turn the Vita sideways) and you can customize the controls to anything. Brings me back to the days of KLAX on the Atari Lynx. Ha!

7. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    That sounds pretty slick! Let us know how it is on vita!

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried TATE mode a little bit but I haven't figured out how best to use it that way. I'll play with it some more and see if I can come up with a setup that works for me. In landscape it's tiny, but still very playable (and way better then mobile touchscreen controls). I'm not great at it, but it's a lot of fun. Great game! Tiny too. Only 42 MB. LOL.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TATE mode in Downwell. I have a setup that works great for me now. Oriented with d-pad at bottom left. I use that with my left thumb and then X with my right thumb up top. Made it to 2-3 and got the 30 combo. So close to 3-1. I'm sure I'll get there soon.

Really great game. Highly recommended.

10. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Wow, thread is so dead there's not even someone posting the usual annual complaints about the Vita nothingness on E3 LOL

11. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Well I'll contribute something. I've been playing the crap out of Downwell on both ps4 and Vita. Tried Tate mode but it's def an adjustment. They have Tate mode on the ps4 too which is interesting. Thought about mounting my tv sideways before realizing just how ridiculous that would be! Lol

12. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Vita? What's that?

I played One Piece World Red a few weeks ago. Thought it was decent.

13. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

14. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    He's showing more love for the Vita than SONY.

Quite frankly, they should've just displayed that image during their conference. At least the Vita would've got some sort of attention.

15. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    On a positive note, Odin Sphrere Leifthrasir is GREAT on Vita! After almost dieing of boredom with Severed (I suppose it can't be THAT bad, so I plan to return to it soon and give it another chance), this is the best game I play on Vita in a very long time.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah, Vita is abandoned by Sony in the US. The only hope is for Indies to keep supporting it, which I'm actually fine with. Lots of great Indie games on this thing. Hopefully they keep coming. There's also all the JRPGs from Japan which will keep happening, but I don't have any interest in those.

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I just realized my Gameboy Micro is worth more now than my Vita not joking either I seen the same silver model selling on ebay for close to £300 I'd be lucky to get a £100 for the Vita.

Kinda depressing really.

18. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    Ha! I managed to snag Futuridium and Octadad on my Vita. Now to find a way to get Oddworld and Breach and Clear...

I'm pretty sure the other day I saw God Eater 2 in English on PlayAsia. I'll have to check to make sure but I'm pretty sure I saw it...

I bought the physical copy of Digimon so I think I'm going to start that soon. I hope it's good!

Oh my goodness, that is the best image ever. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.

I'll have to check that game out. What type of game is it, genre-wise?

19. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    My copy of Retro Rampage is probably worth more than my two precious Vitas. Not really since I took the plastic wrap off... But I'm sure they're pretty close to being worth the same amount.

20. LucianOrb

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    2D Action RPG. It's a remake of the original PS2 game Odin Sphere. Same dev and similar gameplay of Muramasa and Dragon's Crown.